France - Two stabbed to death by terrorist at Marseille train station, 1 Oct 2017

Robert321

Reaction score
From Figaro.com

A man killed two women in Marseille on Sunday October 1, 2017, before being shot by a soldier. The assailant yelled “Allahu akbar” as he cut the throat of one woman killing her and then beat the second woman to death. A soldier from the Sentinelle Force was nearby and neutralized the murderer by shooting him.

French media is forbidden to include the names of the victims or the perp until there is an investigation.

www.figaro.com

Un homme tue deux personnes à Marseilles avant d’être abattu

Les faits ont eu lieu dimanche en tout début d'après-midi à la gare Saint-Charles. Deux femmes ont été tuées. L'assaillant, qui aurait crié «Allah akbar», a été neutralisé par des soldats de la force Sentinelle. Le parquet antiterroriste est saisi.

Une attaque au couteau a eu lieu ce dimanche en tout début d’après-midi à la gare Saint-Charles à Marseille. Selon nos informations, une personne de 21 ans et une autre plus âgée ont été tuées dans la gare. L'une des victimes a été égorgée et l'autre a été poignardée à mort, dans une zone vitale. Le ministère de l'Intérieur, cité par Reuters, a indiqué que les victimes sont des femmes.

“A man carrying a butcher's knife and shouting 'Allahu Akbar' killed two female passengers before being shot dead by soldiers at Marseille's train station in southern France.

The attack at Marseille's busiest train station took place early this afternoon, as scores of armed police officers and soldiers swarmed the area.

Both victims were women, with one left with a 'sliced neck'. The other was stabbed in the stomach.

Local official Oliver de Mazieres told AFP: 'Two victims have been stabbed to death.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ding-man-Marseille-station.html#ixzz4uGv3apgv

6E075836-F922-46F2-B87D-ADEBBA8E7189.jpeg

May the victims Rest In Peace.

THE TWO WOMEN MURDERED WERE 17 AND 20 YEARS OLD

Nice Matin
http://www.nicematin.com/faits-dive...uteau-a-marseille-avaient-17-et-20-ans-171326

In a press release, the UNSA police union gives more details on the alleged terrorist attack at Saint-Charles railway station in Marseille, this Sunday in the early afternoon.

The two young women murdered with a knife were 17 and 20 years old.

"The first one had her throat slashed, the second one was stabbed in the chest and abdomen," according the press release.

The assailant, who shouted "Allah Akbar", was shot dead by the soldiers of Operation Sentinelle

BBM

Religion of Eternal Peace.....

KNIFEMAN IDENTIFIED

France Info
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-di...z-la-situation-dans-notre-direct_2398060.html

The attacker of the Saint-Charles station, who killed two women with a knife, has been identified. This 30-something man is unknown to the anti-terrorist services, but is known for a dozen minor crimes such as shoplifting or drug trafficking, according to information from France 2. He was not the subject of an S card. On the other hand, he was known under seven different identities, in France and several Maghreb countries.

BBM

Seven different identities??!

So heartbreaking to see their ages. RIP Sweet ladies...:rose: :rose:

The same kind of thing happened Saturday in Edmonton, Canada. I wonder if the two attacks were related.

Reuters story by Candace Elliot in Edmonton, Canada

Canadian police arrested a suspect in violent, Saturday night attacks in Edmonton that injured a traffic officer and four others, describing the incidents as "acts of terrorism."
A man struck an officer directing traffic outside a football stadium with his vehicle, stabbed him and then fled. Police arrested a suspect several hours later after a car chase in which four pedestrians were hit.
Authorities believe the man acted alone, although they have not ruled out the possibility that others were involved, Edmonton Police Service Chief Rod Knecht said at a Sunday morning news conference.
Police found a flag of the Islamic State militant group inside the car that struck the traffic officer, Canadian broadcasters CBC and CTV reported.
U.S. national security agencies are looking into the case and have yet to determine whether the attacker was working with others, including Islamic State, or if he was a "lone wolf," a U.S. official told Reuters.
Victims were taken to the hospital for treatment, and the officer's condition was not critical, Knecht said. Details on the condition of the other victims were not immediately available.
Police released a graphic video that showed the attack on the officer, and they asked the public to call with any information that would help them with the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EYEWITNESS: "HAD I WALKED 10 METERS FURTHER, IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ME"

France Info
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-di...temoigne-dominique_2398140.html#xtor=CS2-765-[twitter]-

Dominique was outside the Saint-Charles train station in Marseille when a man murdered two passers-by with a knife. "I fled into the station, then I heard shots fired. The police told us to go outside and we've been waiting ever since," Dominique explains.

"I had a two-hour connection, so I walked outside to wait. With a mere 10 meters further, it could have been me," she explains sobbing. "I think the man was acting alone."

"He was in a corner, he was weird. We were looking at him with the others. He actually had a knife in his sleeve and he repeatedly stabbed a girl with a knife."

"Another one was on the floor full of blood. She was on her back when he grabbed the girl from behind. He shouted 'Allah Akbar'. I heard it,"
Dominique says. She adds, still in shock: "I thought about my children, I really have a lucky star."

BBM

ISIS CLAIMS GUILT OF MARSEILLE DEADLY STABBINGS

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ding-man-Marseille-station.html#ixzz4uIBL9oBR

ISIS have claimed responsibility for a terror attack which saw a man shouting 'Allahu Akbar' stab two women to death with a butcher's knife in Marseille.

The victims, aged 17 and 20, suffered horrific injuries during the 'frenzied' attack, with one slashed in the throat and the other stabbed in the chest and stomach.

Eyewitnesses told how a man 'dressed in black' launched himself at the two women, who screamed for their lives as others ran for safety.

The assailant was gunned down by soldiers who were on patrol inside Saint Charles train station at the time as part of France's ongoing state of emergency.

Earlier this month, four American college students were attacked with acid at the same train station in Marseille.

At the time, French authorities said the assailant was suffering from a mental illness.

BBM

ATTACKER WAS ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING ON FRIDAY, RELEASED

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-two-illegal-immigrant.html#ixzz4uLNnm3AE

On Friday the attacker – who was a North African of either Algerian or Tunisian origin – was arrested in Lyon for shoplifting.

He had no papers on him and was in ‘an irregular situation in Europe’, so giving the authorities a chance to place him under judicial control.

‘Instead they let him go, and the next they heard about him was in connection with a double murder,’ said an investigating source in Marseille.

‘Forensic evidence has linked him with the incidents in Marseille and in Lyon, but his actual name and other details remain in dispute.

BBM

DEAD GIRLS, THEY WERE COUSINS

[video=twitter;914907919203872768]https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/914907919203872768[/video]

Daily Mail
Pictured: Two female cousins stabbed to death in Marseille by man shouting 'Allahu Akbar' http://dailym.ai/2fFax1L

The two victims of the Marseille knife attack were identified by their first names as cousins and best friends Mauranne and Laura, both 20.

Mauranne was from Eguilles, a town near Aix-en-Provence, and was studying medicine at Marseille university, where she lived on campus.

Yvon Berland, the president of the university, said she was a ‘brilliant student’, who would have enjoyed a ‘superb professional future’.

Laura lived in Rillieux-la-Pape, on the outskirts of Lyon, and had travelled to Marseille to celebrate her upcoming 21st birthday with her cousin and other friends.

Laura was in the second year of a course to qualify as a nurse in Lyon, and was also a scout leader, having joined the scout movement as a volunteer three years ago.

The two young women were sitting on a bench in warm sunshine outside Marseille's main train station waiting for Laura’s train home when they were stabbed to death by the suspected Islamic State knifeman on Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-two-illegal-immigrant.html#ixzz4uNKpSRKd

BBM

44F80DDA00000578-4939960-image-a-1_1506965338537.jpg

:rose: Rest with the angels, Mauranne and Laura :rose:

INVESTIGATORS WORKING TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT AHMED H'S PROFILE, BACKGROUND AND POSSIBLE ACCOMPLICES

LeDauphine.com
http://www.ledauphine.com/france-mo...aillant-avait-recu-2000-euros-avant-l-attaque

In the days leading up to the attack in Marseilles on Sunday, October 1, the attacker had received several money transfers.

According to Le Parisien, Ahmed H., 29 years old, had received a total of 2000 euros. This sum is obviously intriguing to the investigators, who are trying to understand the profile and the background of this man, who took the lives of two young girls.

However, investigators remain cautious. "There is nothing at this time to indicate that these sums of money have been given for him to commit his crimes," explains one of them to the Le Parisien.

At the same time, his Marseille home - the one where he spent his last night - was searched. Investigators found a bag belonging to him there. Jihadist propaganda videos were also found on his mobile phone.

Finally, five people were arrested on Tuesday. At least four of them, who knew Ahmed H., were held in police custody.

BBM

His family doesn't believe in radicalization

Ahmed H.'s parents, currently in Tunisia, do not know why their son has committed the crime. According to them, he was lost but not radicalized.

"I don't want to hear this story from Daech, for me this is not possible," Ahmed's father, Noureddine Hanachi, said. He is a retired butler who worked as a maître d' hôtel in Vienna, Austria. "Maybe he was under the influence of drugs", when he stabbed the girls in front of the Saint-Charles train station with a knife, according to the father.

For Ahmed's uncle, he was a "handsome boy"," a bon vivant", who liked to dress well, but had nothing to do with the Islamic state group that claimed the double homicide.

His friends confide:"We are in shock. This Daech story is impossible," Anouar, 29 declares. "We went to a discotheque with him in the summer, I never heard him say Allah Akbar", incitement uttered during the murder in Marseille according to witnesses.

His relatives indicated that he had recently divorced his Italian wife, and that he would have ended up in a situation where he had no papers.

BBM

For losers, the jihadist path is a great way out of their predicament. All their sins will be forgiven as soon as they stab one unbeliever, and they will enter paradise.

https://nieuws.vtm.be/buitenland/broer-dader-aanslag-marseille-opgepakt

A brother of Ahmed Hanachi, the Tunisian who is the suspected perpetrator of the knife attack in Marseilles, was arrested in Italy. Italian media report that. Two women died a week ago in the attack in the train station of the French city.

The Italian police confirm that the man was arrested in connection with terrorism. He is suspected of membership of a terrorist group and involvement in the knife attack in Marseilles.

BBM

[video=twitter;917370616403120128]https://twitter.com/V_of_Europe/status/917370616403120128[/video]

Brother of Marseille attacker, who murdered two young girls, was foreign fighter in Syria

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/201...ria_00e9e607-377e-4f30-8752-33682b6ba2c0.html

Anis Hannachi, the brother of Marseilles killer Ahmed Hannachi, combatted with jihadi foreign fighters in Syria, according to information the French authorities passed on to their Italian counterparts, investigators said Monday. Tunisian Anis Hannachi was arrested in Ferrara on Saturday. He is suspected of complicity in the Marseilles attack, in which two young women were stabbed to death, and of radicalizing his brother. The Italian police executed a European arrest warrant for Anis Hannachi. The Marseilles victims were two cousins aged 20, Mauranne and Laura. Ahmed Hannachi reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he stabbed the women. The so-called Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack. Anis Hannachi was sent back by Italy in 2014 when he landed at Favignana in 2014 on a migrant boat with other Tunisians, according to the results of investigations after his arrest.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back