NC NC - Linda Williams Lawerence, 45, Rocky Mount, 13 June 1996

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Fate of missing woman still unknown[/h]
lawerence_linda.jpg

Linda Lawerence suffered from psoriatic arthritis and major joint issues. She became hooked on painkillers but had cleaned up before hurting her back at work. After the injury, she moved back home to Eastern North Carolina from Florida two decades ago. She began using again and that led to other drugs, according to family members.
But Linda was robbed of her chance to change her life's trajectory when she left a private swimming pool in the High Meadows neighborhood of Rocky Mount at 8:30 p.m. June 13, 1996, and dropped off the face of the earth.

The 45-year-old blonde-haired, hazel-eyed divorcee had a butterfly tattoo on her left hip. She was wearing a pink bathing suit, black T-shirt and white sandals. She lived in Battleboro at the time, but the black and silver full size 1984 Ford pickup she was driving was soon found at Meadowbrook Park with the keys and her personal belongings. Police found no signs of foul play in the truck, but Linda was never seen again, according to archived news reports.

The Rocky Mount Police Department classifies her disappearance as involuntary.
Rocky Mount police Cpl. Mike Lewis wouldn't comment on specifics of the case, but said the department has exhausted numerous investigative paths to explain Linda's disappearance. My source says one of the main theories is that Linda and her friend owed money to drug dealers. Those dealers took Linda's life, and her friend's silence paid off her debt.

“We've run out the leads that we have,” Lewis said. “This is an open investigation and we will follow up on any information. I encourage anyone with any information at all to contact us. No information is insignificant. Let us decide the validity of the information.”
If you know anything about Linda's disappearance please call Twin County Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111. Calls are kept anonymous and a reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.

The family held a memorial service for Linda in 2003. They've accepted she's gone. But the persons involved in her disappearance have never faced justice. That's something none of us should ever accept.
Read More: http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/News/2017/10/01/Fate-of-missing-woman.html

Lawerence was last seen leaving the High Meadows swimming pool in Rocky Mount, North Carolina on June 13, 1996 at approximately 8:30 p.m. . Lawrence was operating her black/silver full size 1984 Ford truck, Tag# DVY-5868, headed to an unknown store. She has never been heard from again.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lawerence_linda.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 13, 1996 from Rocky Mount, Nash County, North Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: 1952
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 138 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. Tattoo of butterfly on left hip.
Clothing: Black tee shirt, pink bathing suit.
AKA: Some agencies may spell her last name "Lawrence."
Case Number: 1996-021677
NCIC Number: M937747932
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available

http://www.nampn.org/cases/lwlawerence.html

Linda's NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact June 13, 1996
NamUs Case Created June 3, 2009
Last Known Location Map
Location Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Nash County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lawerence was last seen on June 13, 1996 leaving the High Meadows swimming pool in Rocky Mount, NC. She has not been seen since.

https://www.teamcoldcase.com/post/d...issing-for-nearly-25-years-pleads-for-closure
Daughter of Linda Lawrence who has been missing for nearly 25 years pleads for closure
Daughter of Linda Lawrence who has been missing for 25 years begs for information.

Her grandmother (Linda's mother is 97) and according to Stacey Crickmore is on her last days. She wants to be able to lay her daughter to rest before she passes.

Linda Williams Lawrence left a private swimming pool in the High Meadows neighborhood of Rocky Mount at 8:30 p.m. June 13, 1996, and was never seen or heard from since.

She was 45 years old at the time and had a butterfly tattoo on her left hip. She was wearing a pink bathing suit, black T-shirt and white sandals. Her black and silver full size 1984 Ford pickup she was driving was found at Meadowbrook Park with the keys and her personal belongings still inside. Police found no signs of foul play in the truck, but Linda was never seen again.
One main theory has been that Linda and a friend owed money to someone and that person took her life and the friend has been silent according to archives regarding this case.

FROM STACEY LAWRENCE CRICKMORE
The date of my Mother's disappearance is approaching. June 13, 1996. It has been almost 24 years taken from our lives and yet still feels like yesterday. So many unknowns surrounding her being taken from our lives. I used to hide from the ugly truths of it all and with age, as well as time, I gained more wisdom and understanding about the world of addiction. It takes the greatest of people and they get sucked into something far too greater than them. My Mother was my best friend. She was my constant and I was her world. I have chosen all these years to celebrate her life and not let the ugly of it all overshadow the amazing Mother and person she was to so many. No matter what, she deserves justice! As an only child and her daughter, I am begging for anyone to please free yourself and conscience. It is never too late to be forgiven. Our God is an all knowing God. He is a forgiving God! I do not seek revenge at all, I just want peace in my heart and mind. I do not need to know the horrible circumstances . I just want to know where she is so I can lay her body to rest the way she deserved. My Grandmother is 97 and she is on her last days. Someone please I beg of you to come forward and help me. No one deserves the hell I have lived in for all these years. The years I have missed out with her cannot be replaced. I am older than she was the last time she saw me. Imagine that! It puts time into perspective. As much as I dislike my personal laundry being aired for the public to see, I have to trust this process. I have to stop being ashamed of my story. It is what made me all I am today. I know she is at peace, but I still wonder daily and this chapter will never be closed in my life without the truth. Please everyone pray for my family. Pray someone will have the courage to finally help me. I LOVE YOU MOM! I will never give up hope or lose Faith. I know God has seen me through and I trust his plan!

Daughter of Linda Lawrence who has been missing for nearly 25 years pleads for closure
Daughter of Linda Lawrence who has been missing for 25 years begs for information.

Her grandmother (Linda's mother is 97) and according to Stacey Crickmore is on her last days. She wants to be able to lay her daughter to rest before she passes.

Linda Williams Lawrence left a private swimming pool in the High Meadows neighborhood of Rocky Mount at 8:30 p.m. June 13, 1996, and was never seen or heard from since.

She was 45 years old at the time and had a butterfly tattoo on her left hip. She was wearing a pink bathing suit, black T-shirt and white sandals. Her black and silver full size 1984 Ford pickup she was driving was found at Meadowbrook Park with the keys and her personal belongings still inside. Police found no signs of foul play in the truck, but Linda was never seen again.
One main theory has been that Linda and a friend owed money to someone and that person took her life and the friend has been silent according to archives regarding this case.

FROM STACEY LAWRENCE CRICKMORE
The date of my Mother's disappearance is approaching. June 13, 1996. It has been almost 24 years taken from our lives and yet still feels like yesterday. So many unknowns surrounding her being taken from our lives. I used to hide from the ugly truths of it all and with age, as well as time, I gained more wisdom and understanding about the world of addiction. It takes the greatest of people and they get sucked into something far too greater than them. My Mother was my best friend. She was my constant and I was her world. I have chosen all these years to celebrate her life and not let the ugly of it all overshadow the amazing Mother and person she was to so many. No matter what, she deserves justice! As an only child and her daughter, I am begging for anyone to please free yourself and conscience. It is never too late to be forgiven. Our God is an all knowing God. He is a forgiving God! I do not seek revenge at all, I just want peace in my heart and mind. I do not need to know the horrible circumstances . I just want to know where she is so I can lay her body to rest the way she deserved. My Grandmother is 97 and she is on her last days. Someone please I beg of you to come forward and help me. No one deserves the hell I have lived in for all these years. The years I have missed out with her cannot be replaced. I am older than she was the last time she saw me. Imagine that! It puts time into perspective. As much as I dislike my personal laundry being aired for the public to see, I have to trust this process. I have to stop being ashamed of my story. It is what made me all I am today. I know she is at peace, but I still wonder daily and this chapter will never be closed in my life without the truth. Please everyone pray for my family. Pray someone will have the courage to finally help me. I LOVE YOU MOM! I will never give up hope or lose Faith. I know God has seen me through and I trust his plan!
How sad her daughter feels for her mother... she is not vengeful or bad, she just wants to bury her and to be able to put flowers in her name...
rest in peace Linda

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back