NC - Daniel, 10, & Addison Macemore, 8, die in arson fire, Midland, 10 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Cabarrus County woman charged with murder instructed her two young children to "stay on the bed" as she fled the family's burning home, investigators said.
Police detectives used statements by Lisa Louise Greene, 40, to persuade a judge to let them search her Midland home for blood, DNA and substances that could be used to ignite a fire. Addison Macemore, 8, and her brother, Daniel, 10, died in the Jan. 10 blaze.

Greene, who is also charged with arson, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, is being held without bond at the Cabarrus County jail.

The search warrant detailed some of the inconsistencies that Cabarrus County Sheriff Brad Riley said led to Greene's arrest. She told firefighters she saw fire only inside the children's room, but there was no evidence of burning or charring inside the room, according to the warrant.

"The origin of the fire was outside the room occupied by the children," the warrant said.
http://dwb.newsobserver.com/news/ncwire_news/story/2877159p-9333498c.html

Ya know, I wanted to post something about this evil b*tch, but I am at a loss for words.

This reminds me of a woman several years ago that burned her house down with her three small children in Baltimore City. I used to ride the bus past the house because I was working downtown at the time and the yellow crime scene tape was a daily reminder that seemed to stay there forever and was especially troubling since I myself had two little girls. I don't remember all the details anymore but I think it was for insurance and uncovered right away so everyday that I rode by there it was just so incomprehensible, these children were very young, supposed to have been left home alone while the mother was out at a club and the step-father was working. It was determined to be arson but I think there was proof of windows being barricaded so the children couldn't escape but it was some detail like that and the insurance etc. that in the end proved the mother did it.

Originally the step-father who was working was thought to be involved or had knowledge at bare minimum after the fact that the mother was guilty so in the end he was cleared completely. Here's the horror; I met this man and he was so nice as in the nicest guy you could ever wanna meet and this was a long time later. My daughters were teenagers the oldest almost grown by then and they were in early grade school when the tragedy occurred. He became a good friend to me and my daughters and his story is the saddest you could ever wanna hear. He had his own daughter from a previous marriage that was older than the three little ones he was step-father to and he said if it wasn't for her he would've killed himself from the pain from the deaths because he loved those kids so much. He had to go through extensive therapy and was still continuing it even then but there's way too much to even go into his story but I moved away (very far) so this story made me think of him. There was some other motive and details etc. but no matter how much therapy or time went by he couldn't understand why she had to kill the kids. He was very devoted to his daughter and his mother so he had to go on but he said he was numb and felt dead inside on a lot of medications right afterward, living hell. He didn't tell me right away and then when he did I saw the burned up house with the crime scene tape just like it was yesterday and over time we talked about it so seeing it through his eyes and suffering was so horrible and there's nothing you can say or do because everyday I passed that house I thought the same thing, why?

i dont know what to say either about this, how freaking sick!!!!!!

Why would you do something like that? Maybe someone should lock her in a burning house and see how she likes it.

Convicted:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-013008-al-greene.74eb379b.html

CONCORD, N.C. -- Several neighbors, acquaintances and strangers who followed Lisa Greene’s murder and arson trial say Greene deserves the death penalty.
A jury convicted her Wednesday of two counts of first degree murder, one count of first degree arson and two counts of drug possession.
The issue now is whether Greene faces life in prison or the death penalty for the murders.
Greene murdered her own children, Daniel Macemore, 10, and Addison Macemore, 8. They're buried side by side in a country cemetery. The headstone reads “together forever in heaven.” (more at link)

There's video of the verdict being read at the link as well.

Everyday it seems something is posted that is worse than the day before. When will this heinous violence against children end? :(

I have always said that if I couldnt make it out of a fire without my children then I wouldnt make it out at all, this just sickens me so badly. I dont know how someone could be so evil.

Lisa Louise Greene

Jury Trial
Sentence Date: 02/08/2008

Offense: 2 counts 1st Degree Murder
Sentence: 2 Life Terms - Consecutive

Offense: Possession of drugs and paraphernalia
Sentence: Consolidated for Judgment - No additional time

Projected Release Date: Life

bye bye

she doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of society

I hope her children are resting peacefully despite their horrible death

It interested me that all the news reports stated that she was also convicted for arson, however that doesn't show in her record. Even the drug charges that were consolidated were in there, but not the arson. I'm wondering if that conviction was overturned, although I didn't see an appeal. Will check further for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back