GUILTY AR - Angela Hicks, 37, & Christopher Allen, 30, slain, Pine Bluff, 16 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The double homicide happened just before 11 this morning, in a neighborhood on the edge of Pine Bluff known as Packingtown.

When Pine Bluff police arrived, they found the bodies of 30 year-old Christopher Allen and 37 year-old Angela Hicks both of Pine Bluff lying in the front yard.

They were pronounced dead at the scene, both having been shot at least once.

(Lt. Bob Rawlinson, Pine Bluff Police Department) "Neither victim lived at this house. we're not sure the crime happened here."

Police are looking for 19 year old Ymari Boyce-Reid. Police consider her a suspect.

Witnesses reported seeing a Maroon Ford Tarus leaving the area after hearing gun shots. Police say they believe Boyce-Reid drove it from the scene to an area in Pine Bluff where it was discovered late Monday afternoon. The interior of the car is described as being very bloody.

(Gloria Hadley, neighbor) "I thought the car was backfiring because it sounded like they were trying to start the car. Went back in the house, came back. When I did, Darrin was hollaring and those people were laying in the yard."

(Rawlinson) "This is a dead end road next to railroad tracks. Not a lot of foot traffic. People come down here that live down here and they weren't visiting anyone in the area."

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0106/294560.html

My father lived in Pine Bluff for the better part of 20 years, and I've had family living there for decades more. It is a real hell-hole. The gang violence is off the charts. The last time I was for his funeral, and what used to be the economic hub of the city in the 1950s and 1960s looked like a ghost town, with every other store front baorded up and the front yards full of rusting cars. The sad fact is that he's buried there, and that means I'll rarely, if ever, be able to go visit his grave without feeling the need to pack heat, since the cemetery is in a dodgy part of town. Hell, it's ALL a dodgy part of town now.

In Pine Bluff, authorities continue to search for 20-year-old Yamari Boyce-Reid in connection with two deaths in the Packingtown area. Tuesday, investigators processed the rented Ford Taurus in which the brutal crime is believed to have taken place. Officials say Reid allegedly shot 30-year-old Christopher Allen and 37-year-old Angela Hicks inside the vehicle, dumped their bodies, and then fled in the car before ditching it in another part of town.
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0106/294893.html

From March 2008:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/mar/26/arkansas-woman-trial-second-time-double-slaying/

An Arkansas woman accused of killing two people was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday and sentenced to 60 years in prison.

It was the second trial for Ymari Boyce-Reid, 21, after an earlier jury couldn't agree on a verdict. Jurors deliberated for about five hours Wednesday before convicting Boyce-Reid of first-degree murder...

Attorneys for Boyce-Reid contend that Angela Bell, 29, who was in the car with Boyce-Reid at the time of the killings, did the shooting... Bell testified Monday that she saw Boyce-Reid shoot Allen and Hicks. Bell said she ran from the car to a nearby house and got a ride to a relative's home where she called authorities.

Sorry, the article I linked before was about a different Angela Hicks.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back