CA CA - Arcadia, Unksex - WhtRace UP3381, 18-35, Male bones in Angeles Nat'l Forest, Dec'99

Romulus

Reaction score
Namus UP 3381

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/3381

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex - White Race)

Found December 21, 1999 in Los Angeles County, CA
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 1999 to 1999

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-35 (Adult)

Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear:
One boot recovered
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available
DNA:
DNA information is currently available - tests complete

Case History:
SKULL AND OTHER BONES FOUND AT PIGEONS RIDGE HUNTING AREA LOCATED IN THE ANGELES NATIONAL FORREST.

For DNA, Namus says "Sample submitted - Tests complete"

And yet invesitgators don't know the sex? Am I mistaken in thinking that they should be able to figure that out from the DNA?

For DNA, Namus says "Sample submitted - Tests complete"

And yet invesitgators don't know the sex? Am I mistaken in thinking that they should be able to figure that out from the DNA?

Sex of an individual is determined via nuclear DNA. It is likely that only mitochondrial DNA was retrieved, which wouldn't be surprising considering the state of the remains.

In the NamUs link quite a bit of the information is different than/conflicts with that that is displayed here on the thread. For example, above it says that both fingerprints and dentals are available for this UID but the link says neither are. It also says that "all parts were recovered" yet the remains are described as being 'partial' and that the weight and height could not be estimated because of this. I think there's a good chance that the mandible Romulus mentioned could be related to this UID.

In the NamUs link quite a bit of the information is different than/conflicts with that that is displayed here on the thread. For example, above it says that both fingerprints and dentals are available for this UID but the link says neither are. It also says that "all parts were recovered" yet the remains are described as being 'partial' and that the weight and height could not be estimated because of this. I think there's a good chance that the mandible Romulus mentioned could be related to this UID.
They must have corrected some mistakes. The information in the first post came from Namus.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

This case has been consolidated with other unidentified remains, now linked via DNA.

New NamUs link:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
By bringing people, information, forensic science and technology together, NamUs helps resolve cases.
www.namus.gov

On 12/04/1994 skeletal remains were found at Pigeons Ridge Hunting Area in the Angeles National Forest. On 12/21/1999 skull additional bones were found at the location. In June 2020 DNA linked the two cases. Cases have been consolidated under coroner case 1994-10330 and UP3381.

Sex and race: Male, Multiple

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher