Found Deceased CA - David Steen, 57, Apple Valley, 16 Sept 2017

Dalagali

Reaction score
David Steen, 57, was last seen at his home on Riverside Drive in the Town of Apple Valley on Saturday, September 16, 2017, at around 11:30 p.m. His wife woke up at at around 7:15 a.m. the following morning and he was gone. Also gone was their 2006 gray 4-door, Honda Civic license plate 5SSA443. The vehicle has a cracked windshield and gray duct tape on the passenger side of the back bumper.

Mr, Steen is 5’9” tall, 180 pounds, has gray hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a green long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and black corduroy slip-on shoes. His family describes him as slender with no tattoos or piercings.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of David Steen is urged to contact the Apple Valley Station at (760)240-7400.

https://247headline.com/authorities-need-help-locating-missing-apple-valley-man/

https://247headline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MISSING-3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MISSING-3.png

https://247headline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MISSING-3.png

Oh,no...

Apple Valley Sheriff’s spokeswoman Trish Hill said officials have been “actively looking” for David Steen since he was reported missing. He was originally deemed to be a “voluntary missing” person, and Hill said he reportedly contacted Sheriff’s officials the day before he disappeared because “he was having hallucinations.”
“A deputy went and met with [David Steen], but he didn’t meet the criteria for hurting himself or being a harm to others, so he wasn’t detained or put on an involuntary hold,” Hill said.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20171003/family-officials-searching-for-missing-apple-valley-man

He must have been wanting some help if he called them. Not looking good after reading this.

Oh no. Hallucinations? I wonder what that's about.

I've seen it. It is a serious condition. Usually, we would hospitalize the subject for their own protection and well being until they are stable. Because you are absolutely correct it can be fatal. One subject passed away because he went into seizures and hit his head, which caused his death. It's hard to believe they did not make sure someone was at least around to monitor him.'

His car is missing. Maybe he went off the road? I don't see anywhere that there are searches taking place.

His car is missing. Maybe he went off the road? I don't see anywhere that there are searches taking place.

There’s another man missing from Apple Valley since August that we were talking about the other day and wondering if his car went off near Cajon Pass. Sorry, his name escapes me. But going off the road is always a possibility for David, depending on where he was driving...which no one knows in this case. I wonder about searches too.

bumping this. Mr. Steen has been missing for almost 3 weeks now. Other ideas?

People from the area just need to go search some of the obvious roads for a collision. That would be a good start.

Summarizing from a previously posted article...

He left with his slippers on, breakfast still on the table, lights and TV on. He was extremely routine, liked to stay home or close to town if he did go out.

They've scoured the desert, called hospitals, jails, morgue.

David was “detoxing” after his doctor suggested he stop drinking beer. The hallucinations may have been caused by that, but there was no other strange behavior according to his wife. He was not feeling well, but he was acting like himself otherwise.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20171003/family-officials-searching-for-missing-apple-valley-man

If breakfast was on the table, he probably hadn’t been gone long. It seems likely to me that his hallucinations/delusions were worse than was thought. As mentioned previously and below, the symptoms during this time can be life threatening, including seizures and delirium tremens.

[FONT=&amp]“As mortality rates in unmanaged cases of delirium tremens are quite high, sedating medications, diligent supervision, and supportive care will be important until the health risks subside over the course of a few days.”

https://luxury.rehabs.com/alcohol-detox/how-long-does-it-take/

I agree that they need to go further afield with their search, even though he normally stayed close to home. He may have been running from a delusion or to something important. All of his sports teams are Chicago. It’s a long shot but I’d definitely alert LE along the route. And keep looking nearby. Did he have favorite places? I really hope against hope that he’s alive.

[/FONT]

His breakfast was on the table, but I wonder if it was still hot/cold? It could have been sitting there for hours and hours while she slept, since the lights had been turned on and it's daylight by 6:00 am.

I find it surprising that a person would need to detox from beer. He must have drank a LOT of beer.
From your post above...
[FONT=&amp]“As mortality rates in unmanaged cases of delirium tremens are quite high, sedating medications, diligent supervision, and supportive care will be important until the health risks subside over the course of a few days.”[/FONT]
It had already been a few days that he had been detoxing. So what's the average duration these episodes might last? The fact that he's still missing makes it abundantly clear that something went terribly wrong.[FONT=&amp][/FONT]

His breakfast was on the table, but I wonder if it was still hot/cold? It could have been sitting there for hours and hours while she slept, since the lights had been turned on and it's daylight by 6:00 am.

I find it surprising that a person would need to detox from beer. He must have drank a LOT of beer.
From your post above...

It had already been a few days that he had been detoxing.So what's the average duration these episodes might last? The fact that he's still missing makes it abundantly clear that something went terribly wrong.

True, he could have been up really early. But I would turn on a kitchen light even if the sun had just come up, since my kitchen faces north. So it’s hard to know. But yes, it’s not proof of when he left.

The link I posted gives a pretty good timeline of what to expect in a detox, keeping in mind that everyone is different.

I’m not sure he understood he would actually be detoxing when he stopped drinking beer. I think the severity again depends on the individual...how long and how much they had been drinking. One beer a day might be different from someone who drank a six pack regularly. The doctor may not have known how much he actually drank. I would hope he’d give him a heads up about detox, but maybe not.

Agreed that something is terribly wrong for him to be gone this long. It’s pretty hard to disappear with a car unless you end up in a body of water or in a steep ravine.

True, he could have been up really early. But I would turn on a kitchen light even if the sun had just come up, since my kitchen faces north. So it’s hard to know. But yes, it’s not proof of when he left.

The link I posted gives a pretty good timeline of what to expect in a detox, keeping in mind that everyone is different.

I’m not sure he understood he would actually be detoxing when he stopped drinking beer. I think the severity again depends on the individual...how long and how much they had been drinking. One beer a day might be different from someone who drank a six pack regularly. The doctor may not have known how much he actually drank. I would hope he’d give him a heads up about detox, but maybe not.

Agreed that something is terribly wrong for him to be gone this long. It’s pretty hard to disappear with a car unless you end up in a body of water or in a steep ravine.

Maybe he admitted himself into a rehab facility. I wonder if they were able to check up on those. There are a couple in Victorville, which is around 10-20 minutes away from Apple Valley.

Maybe he admitted himself into a rehab facility. I wonder if they were able to check up on those. There are a couple in Victorville, which is around 10-20 minutes away from Apple Valley.

I wonder if confidentiality gets in the way of that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That's a good idea!

I wondered if checking hospitals included rehab facilities.

I wonder if confidentiality gets in the way of that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If he has an advanced directive with his wife’s name to contact it probably would be OK, but if that’s the case they’d have called her by now. So they’ll probably “neither confirm nor deny” he’s there to family. I think LE could get an answer.

That's a good idea!

It really is a good idea. I hope they’ll do it if they haven’t already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back