9/11 workers die after respiratory illnesses

2sisters

Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) -- James Zadroga spent 16 hours a day toiling in the World Trade Center ruins for a month, breathing in debris-choked air. Timothy Keller said he coughed up bits of gravel from his lungs after the towers fell on September 11, 2001. Felix Hernandez spent days at the site helping to search for victims

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/01/17/attacks.dyingworkers.ap/index.html

I was curious about the lasting effects of exposure to all the stuff at ground zero

Gosh, this is horrible :(

I am terrified to read how many more deaths 911 will cause. And all these people were trying to do was help :(

I believe it. I had heard rumors about this kind of thing. Okay so a lot of people say this is hype, but it is seriously valid, my friends. I personally believe that the detritus from the explosions and collapse of the towers absolutely could have caused the health problems in this news story and even more. But I do think it has been covered up.
These men were helping peopple. And now they are dead and their famlilies need our help. I am so sad to hear about this.
What we don't know is staggering. The remains of many were crushed up along with the rubble and taken to a couple tri-state companies who provide fill for all the richies in Westchester county and up in CT. Their new driveways and patios are built upon the remains of this massacre. I have family and some close firends in this industry and I know what I am talking about.
I am sorry.

suppose the stupid terrorists are going to be delighted about this. Just more innocent people to add to their "kill" list. I think these people are victims of 911 every bit as much as those in the towers, in the Pentagon and in the field, and their families should be afforded all the benefits the other 911 families are getting.

This is really scary. My brother worked down at ground zero. He works for Verizon, a local telephone company. He was down there for hours and hours a day trying to get the phone lines back up. About a year after 9/11 he had to have a mandatory check up to make sure everything was OK. But it is extremely scary to think that years later you can get sick. My sister was also down there helping with the clean up. Very very scary.

trixie said:
suppose the stupid terrorists are going to be delighted about this. Just more innocent people to add to their "kill" list. I think these people are victims of 911 every bit as much as those in the towers, in the Pentagon and in the field, and their families should be afforded all the benefits the other 911 families are getting.
Thanks for mentioning the field! It seems, at times, that Shanksville, PA flight 93 gets forgotten... :(

Here's another article written about James. :(
Prayers for his little daughter ... now without a mommy AND a daddy.
The latest of the 9/11 orphans.

WTC Attacks Claim Latest Police Victim

...Zadroga barely avoided death when 7 World Trade Center tumbled down around him hours after the planes hit. The escape was temporary: By the time he was finished at ground zero, Zadroga was as much a Sept. 11 victim as anyone lost in the tower stairwells - although his suffering was time-released.
His breathing became labored within weeks, his health deteriorated over months, he was on disability in just over three years. On Jan. 5, 2006, the 34-year-old Zadroga finally succumbed, betrayed by his failing body; the World Trade Center had claimed its latest fatality.

Exhale, one last time.

Two years earlier, his wife died of a heart ailment that family members blame on stress created by Zadroga's fatal illness and his battle with city bureaucrats over its cause. Their 4-year-old daughter, born shortly after her father finished work at ground zero, is the newest trade center orphan.

In the days before Zadroga's final breath, his little girl came out of her father's bedroom and spoke to her grandfather. "I knew my daddy was really sick," Tylerann Zadroga told him. "But I didn't think he'd die this fast." :(

More: http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=28432&siteSection=1

This is another sad sad story.......it makes me sick that the government isn't on the up & up with people so they might get the medical attention they so deserve to get.

I often wondered if there might not of been some sort of severe chemicals or nerve gas' involved in the baggage of the terrorists which also would of reaked havoc on anyone attempting to help. We know the air quality was BAD.......but honestly nobody checked on this aspect.

The coverups happen.... Look at Dow Corning ( breast implants) to this day many women can't find out what poisons were used in the silicone, to get proper medical treatment. Then the FDA let implants back onto the market women are still getting gravely ill from them. Makes me sick!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back