GUILTY Uk - Sophie Lionnet, 21, Body Found Burned, Wandsworth, London, 20 Sep 2017 *arrests*

Legally Bland

Reaction score
Man and woman charged with murder after burned body found in London.

Police have been unable to tell the age or gender of the dead person because of the level of burns, but the victim has been named in local reports as Sophie Lionnet, a nanny from Troyes, north-east France, who is said to have worked for Kouider.

Police discovered the body on Wednesday after parents walking their children home from school reported a large fire and “foul-smelling smoke”, according to reports.

Kouider, 34, a makeup artist and designer, is the former girlfriend of Mark Walton, who was part of the initial lineup of the boyband Boyzone. On Friday, she and Medouni, 40, were remanded in custody at Westminster magistrates court to appear at the Old Bailey on 26 September.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/22/man-woman-charged-burned-body-found-london-garden

Sabrina Kouider and Ouissem Medouni are alleged to have killed the victim on or before 20 September at the address in Wandsworth, south-west London.

[...]

The judge, Nicholas Hilliard, fixed a trial date for 19 March.

[...]

Appearing at the Old Bailey via videolink from Bronzefield prison in Surrey, she wept throughout the hearing and interrupted proceedings to say “je n’ai rien fait” (“I haven’t done anything”). She later shouted: “Tell them I didn’t kill anybody.”

Kouider and Medouni, 40, who appeared via videolink from Wandsworth prison, were remanded in custody. There was no application for bail.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...fter-discovery-of-burnt-body-in-london-garden

A body found badly-burned in the garden of a south-west London home has been formally identified by police as French nanny Sophie Lionnet, 21.

Police said she was originally from Troyes in north-eastern France and her next-of-kin had been informed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41484128

4490532000000578-4908076-image-a-26_1506027891828.jpg

The father of a French au pair whose charred body was discovered at a £900,000 London home has claimed his daughter was having problems with the family she worked for.

[...]

Her father, Patrick, has now revealed his daughter spoke about troubles with the family in a postcard sent home in July.

The 56-year-old, who works for the municipal park service in Troyes, told local newspaper L'Est Eclair: 'Nothing indicated that it was so serious. If it had, I would have gone to join her.'
In the postcard, Ms Lionnet spoke about going back to France soon.

Her father added: 'It's unthinkable. I don't know if I can stand up to the shock or collapse.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ch-nanny-alleged-murderers.html#ixzz4uYOV3GMC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A friend who laid tributes at the house last night said Sophie, from France, was like a mother to Kouider's two sons.

The friend, who is also a nanny, said: "We are so grateful the boys had her.

"She was the stability for them.

"We just feel absolutely heartbroken for those boys, they have been through so much in life.

"It's not fair, it's not right. We would see her everywhere in south London with the boys. She was at the library with them.

"She was their rock.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/45291...-for-troubled-family-heartbroken-friend-says/

nintchdbpict000356483335.jpg

Ouissem Medouni, 40, is accused along with his current partner Sabrina Koudier, 34, of killing Sophie Lionnet, 21, who was living in the couple's £900,000 Southfields, South West London, when her charred body was discovered.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4562365/au-pair-murder-sabrina-kouider-sophie-lionnet-burning-body/

I know I've seen another thread for this, apologize I don't have time to search for it right now.

A couple who deny killing a French nanny have admitted perverting the course of justice by attempting to dispose of her body by burning it.

[...]

The pair, of Wimbledon Park Road, Wandsworth, south London, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey on Friday to a second charge of perverting the course of justice by attempting to "dispose of the body of Sophie Lionnet by burning".

Both face a five-week trial starting on 19 March.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42662303

I can only think they are going to blame each other for her killing. It's not going to be believed they both participated in burning a body that died of natural causes or after finding her murdered by a third person.

I can only think they are going to blame each other for her killing. It's not going to be believed they both participated in burning a body that died of natural causes or after finding her murdered by a third person.

Yeah I think you might be right. I wonder what the nanny found out that she may have needed to be silenced about.
I can't think of many reasons why they would BOTH want her dead, apart from her finding out something incriminating about them.
It could be she found out husband was cheating on the wife, but I can't see the wife keeping quiet about that if she knew.
I suppose the nanny might have been romantically involved and either the husband OR the wife wanted it to stop. Although I don't think the nanny was involved with the husband in my opinion.

translated article :

While seeking state support for Sophie Lionnet's family to travel to London to witness the trial of the au pair's alleged killers, Mr. Frank Berton received a positive response from the Ministry of Justice. Justice, this Tuesday.

"They do not have to pay any fees, their train tickets will be booked and accommodation will be on site for the first days of the hearing, and they will be very close to the Old Bailey, where the debates will take place. 'is the Ministry of Justice and the interministerial delegate for victim assistance who have intervened and heard our appeal, "says the lawyer....

Joined by telephone, Catherine Devallonné, Sophie Lionnet's mother, did not hide her relief. "It's really a thornbone that is being taken away from us, it was important for us to have this support because we could not afford to go there otherwise, I hope we will be called to testify at beginning of the hearing. "

The trial of the 34-year-old woman and the 40-year-old man, both charged with murder, is expected to last six weeks.

https://www.lyonne.fr/paron/faits-d...l-etat-pour-se-rendre-a-londres_12771139.html

A COUPLE kept their French nanny "prisoner" in their own home - where she lived a "truly wretched" life until they beat her to death and burned her body in their garden, a court has heard.

Sophie Lionnet, 21, became "scared and hungry" while living with mum of two Sabrina Kouider who would shout and scream at her, the Old Bailey heard.

Behind closed doors, Sophie's treatment was "very much worse", prosecutors allege.

Kouider - and partner Ouissen Medouni - would levy "outlandish" and "malevolent" allegations against the young nanny to intimidate and control her, it is alleged.

She accused the young Frenchwoman of stealing a diamond pendant and plotting against her, the court heard.

Richard Horwell, prosecuting, said: "Precisely what was in Sabrina Kouider's mind may be difficult to determine but it seems that the more outlandish the allegations the more she pursued them, despite the fact they were denied and despite the fact there was no evidence to support them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5847829/french-nanny-sophie-lionnet-death-london/

A COUPLE kept their French nanny "prisoner" in their own home - where she lived a "truly wretched" life until they beat her to death and burned her body in their garden, a court has heard.

Sophie Lionnet, 21, became "scared and hungry" while living with mum of two Sabrina Kouider who would shout and scream at her, the Old Bailey heard.

Behind closed doors, Sophie's treatment was "very much worse", prosecutors allege.

Kouider - and partner Ouissen Medouni - would levy "outlandish" and "malevolent" allegations against the young nanny to intimidate and control her, it is alleged.

She accused the young Frenchwoman of stealing a diamond pendant and plotting against her, the court heard.

Richard Horwell, prosecuting, said: "Precisely what was in Sabrina Kouider's mind may be difficult to determine but it seems that the more outlandish the allegations the more she pursued them, despite the fact they were denied and despite the fact there was no evidence to support them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5847829/french-nanny-sophie-lionnet-death-london/
My heart hurts for this young lady. The terror she had to have endured.

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

Richard Horwell QC, prosecuting, said: 'The last days and hours of Sophie's life must have been truly wretched. She was subjected, at times, to a brutal and oppressive inquisition and to significant violence.'

Miss Lionnet died after suffering fractures to her sternum, four ribs and her jawbone. Kouider and Medouni then allegedly tried to cover up the murder by burning her body in their garden.

Mr Horwell said: 'The plan was to dispose of Sophie's body and to explain her disappearance by inventing a story that she had left under something of a cloud and had returned to France.

'Another missing person, no longer their responsibility, her disappearance nothing to do with them.'

Their plan was only foiled when a neighbour became concerned about the fire and dialled 999, jurors were told.

[...]

'Sophie was not only young, but also naive and particularly vulnerable and this made her an easy target for abuse and exploitation,' said Mr Horwell.

'Sophie had a big heart but was not worldly wise and it was easy to take advantage of her.'

Miss Lionnet's health began to deteriorate in the period leading up to her death because of her 'bizarre and oppressive' life, the court heard.

'At times she appeared scared and hungry,' said Mr Horwell. 'She complained that she was being beaten and that she was not allowed to return to her home in France.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-trial-death-French-nanny.html#ixzz5AD442CVB

There are pictures of both Sophie's parents attending court today. I'd really like to think that they've been provided with an interpreter, but I doubt it.

I haven't read much about this case but, will catch up this evening ...

My first thought was 'why didn't she just leave!' But ... I know, it's easier said than done for a thousand reasons!

Thank goodness for the neighbours reporting the fire ... :(

They sound deranged! Does anyone know if they were drug users?

I think the Mail article has been updated.

Miss Lionnet allegedly confessed she was being 'beaten' by Kouider to a local fish and chip shop owner.

She regularly visited the takeaway, often dressed in the same clothes, to eat chips at speed as if she was hungry, the court was told.

Miss Lionnet said she wanted to go home to France because her mother was unwell but was not allowed.

In August 2017 Kouider yelled at Miss Lionnet in a high pitched voice and called her a '*advertiser censored*', it is claimed. Kouider was also seen by a friend accusing Ms Lionnet of stealing a diamond ring, the court heard.

The same witness was present when Kouider knocked Ms Lionnet to the floor during a row in the summer of 2017, it is claimed.

'Sophie was on the floor, holding her head and crying,' said Mr Horwell. 'She had obviously been assaulted.'

Kouider was in a 'total rage', the court heard. The prosecutor said Sophie was 'trapped in a nightmare and tragically there was much worse to come.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-trial-death-French-nanny.html#ixzz5ADDNAbik

[FONT=&amp]“The life she led in Wimbledon was at times bizarre and oppressive: it appears, for example, that she was hardly paid for her work as a nanny, but Sophie thought that that was acceptable because she believed that Sabrina Kouider could not afford to pay her.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“Sophie had a big heart but was not worldly wise and it was easy to take advantage of her.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He told jurors Lionnet must have been “terrified” but lacked the strength to walk out, even as she became “emaciated”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Horwell said: “The last days and hours of Sophie’s life must have been truly wretched.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“She was subjected, at times, to a brutal and oppressive inquisition and to significant violence.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lionnet suffered fractures to her sternum, ribs and jawbone, but the exact cause of her death was unknown due to an attempt to dispose of her body, the court heard.

Following her death, more than eight hours of “harrowing” recordings were recovered from the defendants’ mobile phones of Lionnet being interrogated, the court heard.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...nnys-body-was-thrown-on-a-bonfire-jurors-told
[/FONT]

So heartbreaking. I cannot believe that a sweet kind sensitive soul like Sophie was subjected to such cruelty. It’s so sad.

Via Google translate.

At court already shocked, Richard Horwell, one of the prosecution's lawyers, revealed on Monday that the couple had even recorded video "interrogations " he was subjected to the girl that her shy self and modest origins had not been used to protest. More than eight-and-a-half hours of recording of her terrible sessions where they threatened her with " prison, rape and violence " if she did not recognize their delusional charges, were found on the laptops of the two accused. On these videos " trying" that the court must watch Tuesday, Sophie Lionnet appears "emaciated, terrified and defenseless, anxious to say and do all that his executioners wanted her to say or do" without even always understanding - and for good reason - what they expected from her.

http://mobile.lemonde.fr/europe/art...devant-la-justice-a-londres_5273365_3214.html

I've just been reading about this in the Mail.

Absolutely awful.

That poor girl and her poor parents.

WTH?? These two look like decent people in the photo posted above but apparently were hiding a really sinister side.

Why? I always want to know why people do such things. Why "interrogate" her? Was this a sick game? Was there a sexual component? What led to this? Why did they think it's okay to treat her like that? I think there must be a personality disorder of some kind. jmo

I'm shocked. Poor Sophie. May she rest in peace and her poor parents get justice.

WTH?? These two look like decent people in the photo posted above but apparently were hiding a really sinister side.

Why? I always want to know why people do such things. Why "interrogate" her? Was this a sick game? Was there a sexual component? What led to this? Why did they think it's okay to treat her like that? I think there must be a personality disorder of some kind. jmo

I'm shocked. Poor Sophie. May she rest in peace and her poor parents get justice.
It always amazes and disgusts me that couples like this find one another. You'd think one of them would say "WTF are you thinking, leave the girl alone!!" .. But no, there are actually TWO people who thought this was ok. Ugh. Sickening. I guess it's possible that the wife may have been just as afraid of the husband as poor Sophie was, and he had them both brainwashed and beaten down into staying.

:Cries:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie