Australia Australia - Cindy Crossthwaite, 41, Melton South, Vic, 20 June 2007

Bohemian

Reaction score
Cold case $1m reward for Vic mum's murder
7 News Sydney/AAP
40 minutes ago (as at 08:08 AEST 6 October 2017)

attachment.php

Police are offering a $1 million reward for information to solve Cindy Crossthwaite 2007 murder.

‘Police believe Victorian woman Cindy Crossthwaite may have been stalked in the lead up to her death and they are offering a $1 million reward for solving her 2007 murder.

The 41-year-old mother-of-three was found dead in her Melton South home on June 20 a decade ago.

She had suffered fatal head injuries while her 15-month-old son was in the house.

After media coverage of the 10-year anniversary of Ms Crossthwaite's death, someone contacted police to say more than one person was involved.

They also said Ms Crossthwaite may have been stalked in the weeks leading up to her death.

"The fact that members of the public have come forward to police this year with information shows there are still people out there who know what happened," Homicide Squad Detective Inspector Michael Hughes said on Friday.

"Put yourself in her family's place - how difficult this has been for them for so many years.

"Her children have grown up without their mother and her family has lost their beloved daughter and sister."

Ms Crossthwaite was found when her father went to her house to check on her after she failed to collect her two oldest children, 10-year-old Jesmine and eight-year-old Nicholas, from school.

Her youngest child, 15-month-old Jonas, was present in the house at the time of his mother's murder.

Ms Crossthwaite was last seen dropping Jesmine and Nicholas off at school around 9am in Melton South earlier the same day.

An autopsy later revealed she died of head injuries.

A reward of up to $1 million will be paid at the discretion of the Chief Commissioner for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of those responsible for the murder.

The Department of Public Prosecutions may also consider granting indemnity from prosecution to anyone who identifies the principal offender.‘

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/37366471/cold-case-1m-reward-for-vic-mums-murder/

Cindy Crossthwaite murder: Police offer $1 million reward for answers on 2007 death of Melton South mother
ABC News
UPDATED ABOUT 7 HOURS AGO (as at 21:52 AEST 6 October 2017)

‘The daughter of a woman killed in Melbourne's west a decade ago says it was "obvious someone was trying to mess with her" in the days before her murder, as police offer a $1 million reward for information.

Homicide detectives said police had recently received "compelling" new information suggesting more than one person was involved in the death of Cindy Crossthwaite, and she may have been stalked for several weeks.’

‘Items 'moved around backyard' before murder

Ms Crossthwaite-Petrov said she remembered items at the family's home vanishing before her mother was killed, including bins and ashtrays.

"I remember her pacing all the time, thought she was going crazy," she said.

"Our outside furniture would be rearranged, our bikes and things given to us as children were rearranged, or outside in the backyard sometimes [things would go] missing and would reappear two days later.

"It was obvious someone was trying to mess with her … someone was playing with her."

It stopped after Ms Crossthwaite was killed, Mr Crossthwaite-Petrov said.

Ms Crossthwaite-Petrov said the family had been deeply affected by her mother's murder.

"It hasn't been an easy road to get to where we are," she said.

"I've been without her influence since I was nine years old and that's what I probably needed the most, especially growing up as a teenager.

"There's a lot of confusion, a lot of questions … I really felt alone."

attachment.php

PHOTO: Cindy Crossthwaite
SUPPLIED: VICTORIA POLICE
Cindy Crossthwaite was last seen dropping her children off at school.

‘She was so caring and loving

The siblings said they still remembered the day their mother died as "the day we lost everything."

"She was just beautiful. I remember she was just so loving and caring, she just loved us so much," Ms Crossthwiate-Petrov said.

"She was just a happy person, she was so caring and loving and everyone loved her.

"This is why I just don't know why it happened."

Police said they believed a number of people were likely to have an "intimate knowledge" of the murder.

Homicide squad Detective Inspector Michael Hughes said he hoped that the reward would encourage people to come forward.

"I can say quite confidently that no-one that's been spoken to in this investigation to date is excluded from this investigation," he said.

"If you're involved in this, don't be comfortable because we're coming back and we're coming back fast.

"No-one's off the table."

Anyone with information has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers.‘

Read more at:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ard-offered-to-solve-2007-murder-case/9021578

Cindy Crossthwaite murder: Police offer $1 million reward for answers on 2007 death of Melton South mother
ABC News
UPDATED ABOUT 7 HOURS AGO (as at 21:52 AEST 6 October 2017)

‘The daughter of a woman killed in Melbourne's west a decade ago says it was "obvious someone was trying to mess with her" in the days before her murder, as police offer a $1 million reward for information.

Homicide detectives said police had recently received "compelling" new information suggesting more than one person was involved in the death of Cindy Crossthwaite, and she may have been stalked for several weeks.’

‘Items 'moved around backyard' before murder

Ms Crossthwaite-Petrov said she remembered items at the family's home vanishing before her mother was killed, including bins and ashtrays.

"I remember her pacing all the time, thought she was going crazy," she said.

"Our outside furniture would be rearranged, our bikes and things given to us as children were rearranged, or outside in the backyard sometimes [things would go] missing and would reappear two days later.

"It was obvious someone was trying to mess with her … someone was playing with her."

It stopped after Ms Crossthwaite was killed, Mr Crossthwaite-Petrov said.

Ms Crossthwaite-Petrov said the family had been deeply affected by her mother's murder.

"It hasn't been an easy road to get to where we are," she said.

"I've been without her influence since I was nine years old and that's what I probably needed the most, especially growing up as a teenager.

"There's a lot of confusion, a lot of questions … I really felt alone."

attachment.php

PHOTO: Cindy Crossthwaite
SUPPLIED: VICTORIA POLICE
Cindy Crossthwaite was last seen dropping her children off at school.

‘She was so caring and loving

The siblings said they still remembered the day their mother died as "the day we lost everything."

"She was just beautiful. I remember she was just so loving and caring, she just loved us so much," Ms Crossthwiate-Petrov said.

"She was just a happy person, she was so caring and loving and everyone loved her.

"This is why I just don't know why it happened."

Police said they believed a number of people were likely to have an "intimate knowledge" of the murder.

Homicide squad Detective Inspector Michael Hughes said he hoped that the reward would encourage people to come forward.

"I can say quite confidently that no-one that's been spoken to in this investigation to date is excluded from this investigation," he said.

"If you're involved in this, don't be comfortable because we're coming back and we're coming back fast.

"No-one's off the table."

Anyone with information has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers.‘

Read more at:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ard-offered-to-solve-2007-murder-case/9021578

bbm

My ... that is one very direct message!

Cold case detectives have charged a man with murder over the brutal 2007 bashing death of Cindy Crossthwaite in her Melton South home.
The mother-of-three was found dead from head injuries and her 13-month-old son, Jonas, locked in a bedroom in their Andrew Street home on June 20, 2007.
Police arrested a 55-year-old Footscray man at a business in Tottenham about 8am on Wednesday. He was interviewed by police and charged with one count of murder.
Cold case breakthrough: Man charged with murder of Melbourne mum Cindy Crossthwaite

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back