Unexpected Birth Surprises "infertile" Mother

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
By Myrna Membrila
Link

Last Friday a Vail woman gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, but she never knew she was pregnant until the delivery.

"I never felt her if I would have I would have been so happy. So happy! I just would have enjoyed her every day I would have known she was there but I never knew," said Dawn Pannell.

As a teenager -- a doctor told Pannell she'd never have children.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

HOLY COW!:eek:

I've never figured out how people can't tell they're pregnant. But this is a big blessing to this woman, and I'm happy for her.
:HappyBday to the new little one!

This is one of the craziest things I've ever heard! As I was reading I was thinking please don't say the baby was in the toilet!

I can't figure out how women don't know when they are pregnant. I'm 8 months now and as big as a house and miserable. But I guess some just don't get big or have any of the symptoms. Is there anyone on WS who didn't know when they were pregnant?

2sisters, that's what I can't figure either because I have heard of cases like this before as well as young women being able to conceal their pregnancy. The thing in my mind that is so unusual about this one is the doctors not considering she was pregnant. There had to be significant weight gain in a short period of time. A simple urine or blood test should've shown she was pregnant.

With the weight gain the only thing I can think of is that she was already overweight. When I was in college I had classes with a girl who was overweight so when she was pregnant she didn't get a stomach like other women get and nobody noticed. As for other symptoms, I guess not all women get the bad symptoms of it. Some women feel greatthe whole time. I know the way I've felt the whole time and if I didn't think I was pregnant them my next guess would have been that I was dying and that I needed to get to a doctor asap.
I think it's great though that she got a baby after all that time of thinking she'd never have one.

I actually have known 3 people who claimed this ...
The one we were teenagers and she did show but I think it was denial just pure and simple refusal to comprehend or accept coupled with fear..
The second was the same.. and the third ... actually the same...
Now she was a heavy girl and did not show like the first two but her family origin was South Africa where it is and moreso at the time racially divided and she was white having a black mans baby so IMO the pressure on her from her notion of how her family would react was the root of her denial.(not condoning this just stating how it was)
The other two acknowledged it a couple of months before the babies were due but the third actually made it all the way to the due date. My friend, her younger brother called and was like "WOW I am an uncle"
It can happen but IMO its more about denial,

I do not know about giving birth without every knowing you are pregnant. However,
from my own experience I do know its very possible to not notice a huge change in your body. I had a 13 pound, 25 cm tumor inside of me and did not know it was there. According to my doctor I looked and presented like a 9 month pregnancy yet I did not see it. I only became aware of a problem when I had excrushiating pain. So I guess its possible to be pregnant and not know it.

mjak

I am pretty small but I have noticed changes in my body lately. I still think I would know if I was pregnant though. Regardless, this is happy news for someone that thought they could never have a child...I know that this will be the happiest baby ever brought into this world because it was a special gift for a special mom. I love good stories!!!!! :)

We really need more of them and the sooner the better. Be proactive and I am following my own advice and we can make a difference. Just a little 60's leftover rebellion that needs to be resurfaced in these trying times. I want us to be more aware of victims and the families pain and to not discount any of your thoughts or knowledge or possibilities. We are seeing over and over that LE cannot do this by themselves and that the data bases are not accurate. I never burned my bra but always wanted to and now I need it so I won't.

I am pleading for your help in the missing cases. There are so many. Thank you for reading my post.

Concernedperson, you are such a kind and compassionate person! I love reading your posts :blowkiss:
I first found this site during the Laci Peterson case but will never leave because there are a lot of truly wonderful people here. :woohoo:

strach304 said:
Concernedperson, you are such a kind and compassionate person! I love reading your posts :blowkiss:
I first found this site during the Laci Peterson case but will never leave because there are a lot of truly wonderful people here. :woohoo:

Thank you! I love you too.

That must be awesome to be pregnant & never know it. I was hound dog sick / got bigger then a barn & had miserable deliveries. So I can't imagine never knowing......:doh:

cheko1 said:
That must be awesome to be pregnant & never know it. I was hound dog sick / got bigger then a barn & had miserable deliveries. So I can't imagine never knowing......:doh:

LOL me tooooo, Girl! That's one of the reasons that after having my son, I got my tubes tied.
I don't think I could make it through another pregnancy! (I know, I'm a big baby) :chicken:

I was SICK from before I even missed my period until the DAY I gave birth.
I *lost* 15 lbs. because I literally could not eat anything that had a scent to it.
At 5 months I was 3 centemeters dialated and had to go on complete bed-rest and Brethaine (meds. to stop the labor). !Ugghhh and the heartburn!?!?

I am right there with you. I have 3 weeks to go (twins) and it won't come soon enough it seems. Don't get me wrong I am so grateful to be having kids and am excited. If I thought about food the 1st trimester I was sick. Everything was so bad i thought something was wrong with the baby. The indigestion is horrible, I don't leave the house without tums in my purse.

Congradulations!!!!!!

Twins! Wow!!! your going to be a busy busy new mom:)
Please Keep us posted and updated when they are born!

DO you know if boys or girls?

2sisters said:
I am right there with you. I have 3 weeks to go (twins) and it won't come soon enough it seems. Don't get me wrong I am so grateful to be having kids and am excited. If I thought about food the 1st trimester I was sick. Everything was so bad i thought something was wrong with the baby. The indigestion is horrible, I don't leave the house without tums in my purse.
Mine was years ago but still remember the morning (all day) sickness.....the tums, rolaids, acid indegestion......false labor. Then the long miserable labor........the worst was I asked my Dr if I was going to have a big baby & he said nope but this baby is going to have one big momma.......!!!!!BAWWWWW

Marie said:
By Myrna Membrila
Link

Last Friday a Vail woman gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, but she never knew she was pregnant until the delivery.

"I never felt her if I would have I would have been so happy. So happy! I just would have enjoyed her every day I would have known she was there but I never knew," said Dawn Pannell.

As a teenager -- a doctor told Pannell she'd never have children.

I love this story! it really did make me smile.

what a beautiful surprise for the whole family and how very precious this little girl will be to them:

Most people have months to prepare-- Pannel's only had a few days. And yet she says everything she needs is already waiting for her.
"Well thank God I have a great family, my in-laws are beautiful people," she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back