FL - Collins Courtney Sica, 19, found dead in Tequesta home, 15 Jan 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
TEQUESTA — Sheriff's detectives on Wednesday were asking anyone who attended a party Sunday in the gated community of North Passage to call with information about a woman who was later found dead in the bedroom<snip>

Authorities immediately classified the incident as suspicious because of the way they found out: a private investigator working for a Palm Beach attorney handed them a key to the house Tuesday night and said they would find a body inside, detectives said.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4396955,00.html

OK, that is a rather strange way to report a body. Sounds to me like someone felt the need to "lawyer up" instead of calling 911.

How did an "investigator" get a key? This was someone close to the person. Like a spouse or boyfriend. Kind of them to provide a key so that the house wouldn't be damaged getting to the body.

Deputies seek 'person of interest' after woman found dead in Tequesta house

Neighbors say there was a party at the house on Sunday.

A young woman was found dead on a bedroom floor, and sheriff's detectives want to talk with the one-time doctor who rented the home on Riverfront Terrace two weeks ago.

Investigators Wednesday were asking for the public's help in identifying the red-haired woman and solving her "suspicious death." The search continued for Bruce Wasserman, 54, a "person of interest" in the case.
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4398124,00.html

The "one-time doctor"? Interesting and intriguing.

yep, sounds like this one is going to be interesting.

<snip>
"When the officer gets me through the gate, I'm going to give him the key, and I have reason to believe there is a dead body at this residence," private investigator John J. Anderson said, according to a recording of the call. "I have a letter from an attorney here where I'm instructed to give an officer who responds a key to the residence....I'll be waiting at the front entrance."
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4398124,00.html

Records with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement show Wasserman was arrested in July 2001 in Broward County on charges of soliciting a prostitute and drug possession. There was another drug arrest in 2003 and a cocaine possession charge in 2004 that resulted in a probationary sentence, records show.

Another prostitution solicitation arrest was recorded a month after the cocaine charge and there have been two probation violation arrests since, records show.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbcnorth/content/local_news/epaper/2006/01/19/m1a_mcdead_0119.html

Shadow205 said:
Records with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement show Wasserman was arrested in July 2001 in Broward County on charges of soliciting a prostitute and drug possession. There was another drug arrest in 2003 and a cocaine possession charge in 2004 that resulted in a probationary sentence, records show.

Another prostitution solicitation arrest was recorded a month after the cocaine charge and there have been two probation violation arrests since, records show.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbcnorth/content/local_news/epaper/2006/01/19/m1a_mcdead_0119.html
Wow, I must be totally naive. I thought doctors has to have clean records?
Guess not. What a bad, bad man.

Sheesh! I just clicked on that link you posted and saw his picture. Wow. He looks like a quack!

Drug OD maybe? The LE are calling the death suspicious though.

Yes, I am wondering if he and his guests had a little drug party. Neighbor saw two women and a man visit. That would mean one woman and one man most likely left alive and would know something besides the doctor.

PrayersForMaura said:
Wow, I must be totally naive. I thought doctors has to have clean records?
Guess not. What a bad, bad man.

LOL, he is a one-time doctor. Sounds like he isn't a doctor any longer.

By GABRIEL MARGASAK
gabriel.margasak@scripps.com
January 20, 2006

TEQUESTA — At least one mystery surrounding the discovery of a young woman's body in a home in an exclusive gated community has been solved — her identity.

Sheriff's investigators positively identified Collins Courtney Sica, 19, of Dania Beach, as the woman found Tuesday night in the rented North Passage home of a one-time physician who since has disappeared. http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4401119,00.html

Ex Doc has the appearance of a meth addict.
So the neighbors are now saying there were at least 4 women there on Sun.
But a previous article said two women and a "young" man. That could be two different neighbors, who saw people at two different times.
No comments on the articles at tcpalm.
Since it is a gated community, wouldn't there be some type of surveilance camera's or sign in for visitors?

There should be security guards in the nicer communities or it could have been the kind you dial the apt. or home to have them open the gate. I doubt theres camera's. They'll get to the bottom of this fairly quickly.

This is really frustrating. The "Good Doctor" seems to have obtained a layer who had the private detective make the call to police about the body. The PI then met with the police and gave them the key to the house. Where is the Doctor now? The last article that I saw said that LE were trying to arrange a meeting with him to discuss the body found in his house. WTH? It seems to me like this one would be getting more media attention considering the high end area that it occured in.

Usually by this time, reporters would be seeking out relatives, neighbors of the home where the body was found, neighbors of the girl anyone they could get to talk to them. LE would be reporting the progress on the investigation. Have they even named the former Dr. yet?

Bruce Wasserman 54, has been named a person of interest. I read an article the other day(which I can't find at the moment) that said that LE were trying to make arrangments(evidently through the atty) to speak with Wasserman.

mysteriew said:
Usually by this time, reporters would be seeking out relatives, neighbors of the home where the body was found, neighbors of the girl anyone they could get to talk to them. LE would be reporting the progress on the investigation. Have they even named the former Dr. yet?

An update to this story sure would be nice! I have searched the news archives an can't find anything. I sent an email to the reporter who did the original story asking for an update.

Call me crazy, but wasn't there a Dr. Wasserman who was associated with JED???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back