811 users online (170 members and 641 guests)  

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
    Quote Originally Posted by yurena View Post
    I am really worried about the sexual abuse situation in Hollywood but I strongly disagree with those who have voiced on newspapers -and with slogans in marches- we should believe all women who have spoken out against this perv and other men who have been accused of doing the same thing.

We should not IMHO; we should not let our judgment become clouded by emotions and we should look at this on a case by case basis.

Yes, many of these sexual abuse tragedies took place but among the dozens and dozens of women who are speaking out now there are not only victims.

There are other two types of women as well:

1/those who used their sexuality to their advantage in order to move up the Hollywood career ladder and

2/ those who have never been any good at acting and are currently taking advantage of this situation to "jump on the bandwagon" not because they truly care about those women who have been raped and victimized -they don't- but because they are thinking "Hey, this is a good chance to get my name on the spotlight again"

I also disagree with those who have attacked Pamela Anderson on forums for saying something many of us females are thinking and which is very simple: Use your common sense. If a man invites you to go up his hotel room, say no. It is as simple as that. Don't get yourself in a situation which would 1/place you in jeopardy and 2/make you lose your dignity as a woman and as a human being.

Kudos to Salma Hayek for speaking out. I cried reading her letter on this issue. She has had to put up with sexual harassment, so much discrimination for being a Mexican national and so on and on... and she has proven to be a woman of integrity.

As for Meryl Streep... I better not say what I think of her behaviour and comments on this issue as it would not sound politically correct... at all.
    In the video posted above (BBC interview with Harvey's former assistant), she explains the meetings in the hotel rooms. Harvey regularly and routinely held business meetings in his hotel suites. That context helped me understand why someone would go to a man's hotel room.

And, even though he did hold legit business meetings in hotel suites, some women refused to meet with him there. They were wise - and perhaps warned by others to be careful.

The interview really was helpful in understanding some aspects of the cases that are hard to understand. For those who ask, "Why didn't the women say something?" the interview will give an example of what happened to a woman how DID say something 19 years ago.

jmopinion

Nevermind. I said something nasty about Harvey and don't want to go to the punish chair, so I deleted it.

Liars get outed pretty quickly in situations like this, which is why I stand by my words that we believe first and let the wrinkles get ironed out as the situation progresses.

Two Oscars have ‘gone missing’ from Harvey’s Weinstein’s offices

Two of the prestigious statues, both best-picture wins for The King’s Speech (2010) and The Artist (2011), were missing from The Weinstein Company offices in New York.

In one section of the article, Ciralsky recounts the steps of Weinstein’s vice president of human resources, Frank Gil, on Sunday, 1 October – four days before the NYT piece went live. It is alleged in a statement from The Weinstein Company to Vanity Fair that Gil ‘entered the offices of TWC employees without their knowledge and may have been responsible for the disappearance of some personal files.’

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/21/two-os...6/?ito=cbshare

Reese Witherspoon showed signs of PTSD as the Harvey Weinstein scandal broke last year, according to Oprah Winfrey.

http://wset.com/news/entertainment/o...nstein-scandal

New York Attorney General Files Suit Against Weinstein Company

“Schneiderman’s office said there’s a clear paper trail of on-the-record complaints to the company’s human resources department that were simply ignored.”

“For years, assistants working for Weinstein “were exposed to and required to facilitate” sexual encounters for him “as a condition of employment,” according to the AG.”

“The office also said, “drivers in both New York City and Los Angeles were required to keep condoms and erectile dysfunction injections in the car at all times, in order to provide them to (Weinstein) as needed.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/11/new-y...390.1489341117
    Last edited by Blondie in Spokane; 02-11-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Not all women hate Harvey Weinstein — Jennifer Lawrence and Meryl Streep think he’s a swell guy, based on court papers asking a judge to toss a sexual misconduct lawsuit, which was filed Tuesday.

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/21/harve...law-and-meryl/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Harvey Weinstein uses words from Meryl Streep, others in his legal defense
    by Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Harvey Weinstein wants a judge to dismiss a federal sexual misconduct lawsuit against him and invoked the words and actions of Oscar-winning actresses including Meryl Streep in his defense.

Lawyers for the disgraced film mogul said Tuesday in federal court in New York that the proposed class-action lawsuit filed by six women should be rejected because the alleged assaults took place too long ago and they failed to offer facts to support claims of racketeering.

The lawyers cited comments made by Streep, who had said Weinstein had always been respectful in their working relationship...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/se...efense-n850201

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26