CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

Two decades ago, the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein invited Ashley Judd to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for what the young actress expected to be a business breakfast meeting......... Emph. mine

Why WAIT for two decades ? Why not speak out immediately ? Even if it cost Ms. Judd her career... she would've had a much stronger case if she'd gone public back then and not waited so long !!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...isa-bloom-amid-harassment-allegations-n808666

Accusations of sexual harassment against Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood entertainment mogul, cost him a close adviser on Saturday and may have lost his company a high-profile series of books.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4957558/Hollywood-quiet-Ashley-Judd-Harvey-Weinstein-claims.html

And following the incendiary claims from actress Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan has slammed the women of Hollywood for their deafening silence.

Demanding to know where the 'ladies of Hollywood' were on this issue, McGowan - who is believed to have been paid a $100,000 settlement by Weinstein after an incident in the mid-1990s - appeared to attack the mute A-listers. Emph. mine

McGowan should really give back the settlement money -- because it makes it look like she settled for his alleged behavior. Imo.

I thought this case should go in the 'up to the minute' section as he's only been accused-- and neither tried , nor convicted.

Sad anyway. A person should be able to get ahead in the acting career without having to sacrifice any of their morals or beliefs.
Just state that you do not care for any intrusions whatsoever into your privacy !

But if someone will not respect you --speak up immediately and very publicly. Don't remain silent for 20 years or more.
After all of that time-- it's like 'he said, she said'.
There's just no concrete proof that Weinstein has actually done anything.

NOT defending him if he actually treated people in a disrespectful manner.
And it's sad that the accusers' have to have proof (video, audio, or witnesses) of their allegations... but without it they will not get very far.
:moo:

Twenty years ago was a totally different world. Yes, we knew about sexual harassment, but the nineties was still the Wild West for this stuff in a lot of ways - I mean the Violence Against Women Act was only passed in the mid-nineties.

There are a lot of reasons victims often don't come forward right away.

The best thing you can say about HW is that he's not alone at all in Hollywood with this type of behavior. Casting couch stories exist for a reason. Many actresses have spoken about them, even if they won't name names. And it's not even only women. There's the well-known producer who Corey Feldman won't name, but who he accused of abusing himself and Corey Haim as children. Another one that is supposedly an "open secret."

Not trying to blame Ms. Judd. Apologies if it came off that way.
Have liked watching her act in her movies and if she is anything like some of the characters she portrays --- seems like she has a feisty enough personality to have nailed HW's proverbial hide to the wall ; if he really did ask her to watch him shower ? Ewww.
And he (HW) is hardly easy on the eyes.... surely he can't think women are throwing themselves at him ?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4960400/Nathan-Lane-speaks-Harvey-Weinstein-threats.html#comments
Weinstein apparently lashed out at Lane over a joke he had made and threw him up against a wall
Lane said he told Weinstein, 'You can't hurt me, I don't have a film career,' when he threatened to destroy him

What an odious bully.... Nathan Lane is right to go public with this. Wonder what else is going to come to light ?
Apparently HW has no qualms about physically abusing people.

"So it turns out that basically everyone in Hollywood knew that Harvey Weinstein sexually harasses women, abuses his employees, and has a violent streak. It was one of those things we call an “open secret,” a secret perhaps even more open than the persistent rumors about Roger Ailes’s or Bill O’Reilly’s toxic misconduct at Fox News.

Yet Weinstein continued to enjoy the staggering perks and privileges of a successful movie mogul. The most powerful politicians sought his favor. The best actors wanted to work in his films. He was feted around the world as the man who could bring home Oscar gold. And all the while he wasn’t just a progressive in good standing, he was actively celebrated for his alleged commitment to social justice.

....snip......

At The Cut, writer Rebecca Traister tells a dreadful story about Weinstein. She was covering a book party he hosted and asked him some questions that made him angry. He called her a “c**t” and declared himself to be the “*advertiser censored**ing sheriff of this *advertiser censored**ing lawless piece-of-***** town.” When her boyfriend — another journalist — tried to intervene, Weinstein attacked. He threw her boyfriend down a set of steps, then dragged him outside in a headlock. All the while cameras flashed. This was 17 years ago, in the year 2000. Not one of the pictures saw the light of day. Here’s Traister:

Such was the power of Harvey Weinstein in 2000 that despite the dozens of camera flashes that went off on that sidewalk that night, capturing the sight of an enormously famous film executive trying to pound in the head of a young newspaper reporter, I have never once seen a photo. Back then, Harvey could spin — or suppress — anything; there were so many journalists on his payroll, working as consultants on movie projects, or as screenwriters, or for his magazine.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452435/harvey-weinstein-scandal-ambition

<modsnip>

many, if not most, victims don't tell right away ... don't feel like they can tell right away
they may spend those years/decades of silence blaming themselves and trying to find the courage to tell

often, it is when the perps die or get elderly that the victims finally feel safe enough to tell someone

it's common phenomena amongst rape/molestation/abuse victims and it doesn't change just because of the industry the perps or victims are in

TV Journalist Says Harvey Weinstein Masturbated In Front Of Her

The new revelation, which allegedly took place a decade ago, comes after an explosive New York Times report said Weinstein had previously settled eight sexual harassment claims.

Harvey Weinstein once trapped a woman in the hallway of a restaurant that was closed to the public and masturbated in front of her until he ejaculated, she says. The accusation comes a day after Weinstein was the subject of a bombshell New York Times report that revealed that he has settled at least eight sexual harassment claims.

The incident took place a decade ago, according to Lauren Sivan, who at the time was a news anchor on a local cable channel in New York, Long Island 12. She says the experience left her shocked, and that while she told friends privately what happened, she remained quiet because she was in a long-term relationship and fearful of the power that Weinstein wielded in the media.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ssment-allegation_us_59d7ea3de4b046f5ad984211

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ed-amid-sexual-harassment-allegations-n808881
Hollywood Mogul Harvey Weinstein Fired Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations

The company said Friday that it would investigate the allegations and that Weinstein would go on an indefinite leave of absence during the probe. Emph. mine

So, no 'leave of absence' , then ? Something made them change their minds.

Wonder if he's done anything that would merit criminal charges being brought... and his board of directors/owners don't want it to reflect on Weinstein films ?

I'm thinking this could get uglier than it already is.

From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinstein&#8217;s Accusers Tell Their Stories

://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

Frankly, I am not surprised by this. This got shades of Penn State, USA Gymnastics, Baylor, BBC, and Roman Catholic Church. They knew what was going on, but did nothing.

Terry Crews reveals he was groped by an unnamed Hollywood executive amid Harvey Weinstein scandal
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-executive-amid-harvey-weinstein-scandal.html

The recent allegations against Hollywood big shot Harvey Weinstein have one star reflecting on his own experience with predatory behavior in the business. Terry Crews has revealed that he was once the victim of groping on the part of a showbiz higher-up that he refuses to name.

The &#8220;Brooklyn Nine-Nine&#8221; star, known for both his comedic acting and his physical stature and build, took to social media to reveal he had been assaulted at a Hollywood party. In a 16-post-long speech he recalled being groped by a male executive.

Harvey Weinstein is the tip of the iceberg.

I’m shocked that this isn’t getting more coverage here. It’s dominating the news sites that I read. This guy is a piece of poop.

I&#8217;m shocked that this isn&#8217;t getting more coverage here. It&#8217;s dominating the news sites that I read. This guy is a piece of poop.

Yes, it's fascinating considering how much attention the Cosby story got here.

Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein, Thinks Georgina Chapman Needs to "Be There for Her Husband"

Lindsay Lohan is speaking out in defense of Harvey Weinstein.

In two Instagram Story videos that have since been deleted, the actress decided to share her perspective on the allegations surrounding the Hollywood producer.

"I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now, I don't think it's right what's going on," Lindsay explained. "I think Georgina needs to take a stand and be there for her husband."

She continued, "He's never harmed me or did anything to me—we've done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop—I think it's wrong. So stand up." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...Lohan-Defend-7b1e?cid=featuredent_media_lohan

I think this will get as big as the Cosby story. Fortunately, some of the women who allege his assault and abuse are well established and weren't drugged so their information will be more likely accepted. Then, there is the tape of the young woman who wore a wire. I hope he goes to jail.

It is interesting to me that he is seeking rehab in Europe. If the NYPD chose to press charges based on the tape (no statute of limitations in NY on the charges that would fit) do we think he will come back or pull a Roman Polanski?

NYPD, Prosecutors Point Fingers Over Harvey Weinstein Probe
by Tracy Connor

The Harvey Weinstein scandal has spawned a finger-pointing fight between two law enforcement agencies.

In dueling statements, the NYPD and the Manhattan district attorney's office each blamed the other for the fact that Weinstein was not charged with a crime in 2015 after an Italian model accused him of groping her and captured him on tape during a sting operation.

"I won't do it again," the movie mogul says on the recording, made public by The New Yorker magazine in a story detailing harassment and assault allegations against Weinstein by 13 women.

The damning audio raised the question of why Weinstein never faced criminal charges in the only known case where an accuser went to auth.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...t-fingers-over-harvey-weinstein-probe-n809756

Lindsay Lohan feels ‘very bad’ for Harvey Weinstein

Actress Lindsay Lohan says she feels “very bad” for Harvey Weinstein, who was fired by the company he co-founded amid decades of allegations of sexual harassment.

Lohan made the comments in a since-deleted Instagram video Tuesday. The video was captured by followers who posted it to social media. In it, she says that she has done several movies with Weinstein and he never harmed her...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...y-lohan-feels-bad-harvey-weinstein/106523892/

So he went to Europe? For rehab?

Is he out of reach like Polanski?

Ronan Farrow Says He Was Threatened Personally With a Lawsuit by Harvey Weinstein

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...sonally-a-lawsuit-by-harvey-weinstein-1047604

"In the course of this reporting, I was threatened with a lawsuit personally by Mr. Weinstein," Farrow said on MSNBC. In anticipation of the story, Weinstein had enlisted a crisis management team and several attorneys, including lawyer Lisa Bloom, who resigned from the film mogul's team on Saturday.

When Maddow asked why Farrow's feature ended up at The New Yorker rather than at NBC, where he is employed as a correspondent, he replied, "You would have to ask NBC and NBC executives about the details. I'm not going to comment on any news organization's story that they did or did not run."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back