MA MA - Daniel 'Danny' Croteau, 13, Chicopee, 15 April 1972

jgfitzge

It's complicated! No, It really isn't
Reaction score
attachment.php

This cold case definitely needs some current attention. It took place in April, 1972, in the western part of the state, and one of the prime suspects was a Fr. Richard R. Lavigne who later was defrocked due to allegations of sexual assault. If you read any of the books or articles on the Boston Archdiocese and surrounding archdioceses sex abuse scandals you may have run across this case.

Does anyone else know anything about this unsolved murder?

http://archive.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2003/12/14/a_priest_a_boy_a_mystery/

Attachments

• danny c.jpg
    danny c.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
  • danny c 60.jpg
    danny c 60.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 126
Massachusetts has some very troubling cases going back a long time. Victims of the Archdiocese abuse cases are still coming to light. Those in positions of trust can go undetected as offenders for a long time. People are afraid to speak out and society tends to close their eyes when an offender fits into a category we are conditioned to trust. I hope someone can help find the answers for Danny Croteau. God rest his soul.

bumping for Danny...with the recent death of Cardinal Law, this case came to mind again​

Thinking of Danny and all who love him particularly at this time of year.

Bumping for Danny-

Thought about him when the primary suspect's attorney was mentioned in the news recently

Last year I watched the documentary about the murder of Sr Cesnick and the abuse of the high school girls in Baltimore. Am just now finding this case and those related to Rev Lavigne.

Last edited:
Bumping for Danny- found this 2005 60 Minutes segment on the case -

After watching the keepers on Netflix I got to thinking about Danny Croteau again.

Trying to keep Danny's case alive and hopefully see justice

After listening to a podcast about the Sister Kathy case (The Keepers) I am reminded about Danny Croteau again.

Trying to keep Danny's case alive and hopefully see justice

I wish a podcast would do Danny’s case. There is enough information out there..,plus you have the hook of the priest sex abuse scandal as a major story line

Croteau: 'I'll Tell!'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back