Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23
Race: White
Height: 70 inches
Weight: 175 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Light
Identifying Characteristics: Scar on forehead, pierced ears.
Clothing: White hooded "Adidas" sweatshirt, blue jeans, white "Adidas" athletic shoes, carrying a "Sony Ericsson" camera phone and a leather "Kenneth Cole" wallet with Massachusetts driver's license, TUFT's insurance card, and a Boston Sports Club card.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Karlen was last seen at approximately 5:00pm walking away from his residence in the vicinity of Auburn St. and Commonwealth Ave. in Newton, MA. He indicated to a family member he was going to Lasell College, which is located nearby, but never arrived. He may be in the California or New York area. Karlen has a medical condition.

Investigative Agency:
Newton Police Department
Phone: (617) 796-2100
Alternate Phone: (617) 796-2104
Investigative Case #: 5064745
NCIC #: M-505351119

National Center for Missing Adults

February 17, 2006

NEWTON -- The father of an Auburn Street man missing since November is again appealing to the public for help finding his son.

Karlen Goukassian walked out of his home about 5 p.m. Nov. 27, and hasn’t been seen or heard from since, his father, David Goukassian said yesterday.

The 23-year-old had told his mother, Mary Khlgatian, he was going to Lasell College, where he has several friends. He never made it to the campus and does not have a car.

"We don’t have any information about his whereabouts, that’s the bottom line," David Goukassian said.

He said law enforcement agencies in all 50 states have information about his son, who left with no credit cards and little cash.

He has not checked or sent any e-mails since his disappearance and has not used his cell phone.

Karlen Goukassian is 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a white, hooded Adidas sweatshirt, jeans and white Adidas sneakers.

David Goukassian said his son’s cell phone battery died the day after his disappearance, but they are checking the carrier’s Web site daily for activity.

Continued:

http://www.dailynewstribune.com/localRegio...articleid=70100

This doesn't sound good. If he is bi-polar, was acting irrationally when he left and didn't take his meds with him, he is in a precarious mental condition. I hope he didn't hurt himself.

Back in 2005 a friend of mine went missing. I made every effort possible to help push the detectives in any direction I thought helpful until they just starting suspecting I knew something. Years went by, and suddenly one day he was reported found, his shoe floated to the surface of the river about a half mile from his house. It seems everyone got caught up in the joy of knowing now for sure he wasnt infact missing... a sad satisfaction in finally knowing what his fate was, but still I suspect there was a long backstory tied to how he died, and no one has cared to push it any further. I guess there was no evidence at the time to tie it elsewhere, although In my opinon there was a few leads the police neglected to follow, and now I wish I could bring some light to this.

He wasnt my best friend by any means, but he was a great kid... Im curious as to what happened to him, as I am sure are his parents... and considering my involvement with many of his friends at the time I think I could possibly help solve this if only I played a more active part in the investigation.

If anyone knows where to begin, I'd love to discuss this....

Here is the article out his dissapearance and death:

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/newton...d-as-person-missing-since-2005/#axzz2HQZ5mdB4

Newton Police identified the body of the man pulled from the bottom of the Charles River yesterday afternoon.
Karlen Goukassian, 23, of Newton, was found yesterday when his sneaker floated to the surface of the water near the Charles River Canoe and Kayak on Commonwealth Avenue around 1 p.m. yesterday.
The Auburn Street resident went missing after 5 p.m. on November 28, 2005. According to the blog H2otown, Goukassian told his mother, Dr. Mary Khlgatian, that he was going to visit his friends at Lasell College.
Goukassian left without any money or his credit cards. He never arrived at the college and did not use his cell phone since leaving his Newton home.
According to H2otown, Goukassian had a four-year history of a bipolar condition. He did not take his medication with him when he left home that night.
An autopy will be performed to determine the cause of death.

Read more: Body identified as person missing since 2005 | Newton TAB Blog http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/newton...d-as-person-missing-since-2005/#ixzz2HQaxEMCb

The link isn't working.

Has suicide ever been mentioned?

I spoke to the police numerous times as he was a friend of mine, and they never investigated the leads we offered in regards to some of his friends and drug involvement...debts, etc - Also, I remember sending an instant message to his mobile phone one day looking for him, and getting a reply from someone who was confused as to how I reached them. They later replied "This is Jay, who is this"

I knew Karlen had a friend named Jay, a disholved bum of an addict. Perhaps he had Karlens phone at the time - I didnt think much of it until later when I found out he had been missing since before that day I messaged him. I still believe if they investigated the call log a little better, and looked ine to that kid they would have more answers towards his death

Thanks!

Since the original poster is banned I fear that thread wont get much attention (along with it being under the "Located" section) so as long as no one minds Ill continue here:

I spoke to the police numerous times as he was a friend of mine, and they never investigated the leads we offered in regards to some of his friends and drug involvement...debts, etc - Also, I remember sending an instant message to his mobile phone one day looking for him, and getting a reply from someone who was confused as to how I reached them. They later replied "This is Jay, who is this"

I knew Karlen had a friend named Jay, a disholved bum of an addict. Perhaps he had Karlens phone at the time - I didnt think much of it until later when I found out he had been missing since before that day I messaged him. I still believe if they investigated the call log a little better, and looked ine to that kid they would have more answers towards his death

:welcome: IamMikeOliver! I hope some Sleuths will be able to help you dig into your friend's case further.

Thanks!

Since the original poster is banned I fear that thread wont get much attention (along with it being under the "Located" section) so as long as no one minds Ill continue here:

THat is weird about the phone being answered by Jay. Because according to the father they were trying the phone and the battery was dead:

"David Goukassian said his son’s cell phone battery died the day after his disappearance, but they are checking the carrier’s Web site daily for activity."

Continued:

http://www.dailynewstribune.com/localRegio...articleid=70100

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23