793 users online (175 members and 618 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 158
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    I might be wrongly assuming he is isn't married?
    You'd have thought if he was he'd have told more detailed plans to her. So far it's only the friend we've heard from. Unless the Police have more info but they feel we don't need to know it.

    If my husband was going on a 100mile bike ride I'd make sure he had a mobile, and if he didn't text or ring me at every available opportunity to let me know how he was getting on, I wouldn't be too happy!

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    The lack of initial info and follow up leads me to think that there may have been an indication of suicide that hasn't been mentioned in the press. One last sunrise in a scenic spot makes a sort of sense to me.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
    The lack of initial info and follow up leads me to think that there may have been an indication of suicide that hasn't been mentioned in the press. One last sunrise in a scenic spot makes a sort of sense to me.
    I'm not sure because usually when someone is missing and they think suicide might be an option the Police usually say it is a vulnerable/distressed person. However I agree with you about the scenic location, and he also did not appear to be equipped to carry out a 100 mile bike ride.

    I'd really like to know more information about this case. There seems to be no updates and I feel bad for the guy that his story has gone quiet.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    458
    Seems the police are stumped.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    458
    Its clear that he isn't coming home, I would have expected his family to make an appeal close to Christmas but there hasn't been a peep from them at all.

    What is everyone's own opinion on this case?

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    I don't know how to describe how I feel about it. It's a weird one. There's clearly a very large search area which understandably means it may be harder finding him.

    But the lack of anything from his family is strange. I feel sorry for the guy. If I went missing I'd hope my family would put something out there in the media.

    I keep checking for updates but there's nothing. I hope they are still looking for him. If I lived nearby I'd be out there helping to find him.

    Actually, writing this has made me feel sad. So that's how I feel about this case. Sad for Anthony. I hope he is found soon. Or if not, some more information would be nice.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    458
    If I lived closer I would most likely be out at least once a week checking new areas each time. I have only been in the area twice since he went missing and I certainly wasn't doing any major searches.

    Of course he may not even be in this area.

    On the family side I feel they maybe weren't close, but the silence, for me, is odd.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    Do you live up that way Taskforce? I'm down in Tyne and Wear so unlikely to hear of any updates in the news. I will keep checking back here and searching online for any news on a weekly basis.

    I don't want Anthony to think he's been forgotten about.... IYKWIM.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
    Do you live up that way Taskforce? I'm down in Tyne and Wear so unlikely to hear of any updates in the news. I will keep checking back here and searching online for any news on a weekly basis.

    I don't want Anthony to think he's been forgotten about.... IYKWIM.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I live in Ayrshire, so about a two-hour drive away. I go up quite often for hillwalking/photography etc

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    95
    I rather think he is estranged from family, and I hate to say this but wonder if depression got hold of him and he made sure he would not return.
    I wonder if the countryside he was travelling in held any special signifcance for him............he was also not at all prepared for this journey which does worry me, I think he will be found by dog walkers/hikers at some stage.


  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by silverjug View Post
    I rather think he is estranged from family, and I hate to say this but wonder if depression got hold of him and he made sure he would not return.
    I wonder if the countryside he was travelling in held any special signifcance for him............he was also not at all prepared for this journey which does worry me, I think he will be found by dog walkers/hikers at some stage.
    I have the impression that he was 'estranged' as well.

    The friends he spoke to about the journey only briefly mentioned the chat on Facebook, planning etc. There has been no family posts that I can see.

    Perhaps the area had some connection, with the family not saying anything and the police not saying much more its a mystery.

    I feel the suicide theory is unlikely, he went to an awful lot of effort just to do away with himself on a dark wet night. The journey itself rules that out for me. But its not impossible and will be something the police are looking at.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    Still no updates that I can see.

    I wonder how well he knew the area. If he wasn't too familiar with it then I doubt it would be a suicide. Surely there would be places nearer to home that he would know to be suitable.

    But who knows! We certainly don't know much at the moment.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
    Still no updates that I can see.

    I wonder how well he knew the area. If he wasn't too familiar with it then I doubt it would be a suicide. Surely there would be places nearer to home that he would know to be suitable.

    But who knows! We certainly don't know much at the moment.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I was expecting an appeal just before Christmas, could happen yet...

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    Still nothing

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    Renewed appeal but with no further info.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-42492559

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NV NV - Anthony Gutierrez, 56, Sparks, 16 Sept 2017
    By JerseyGirl in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 02:40 PM
  2. NV NV - Anthony Palomo, 16, Dayton, 4 Sept 2017
    By LisaWL7TR in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2017, 06:29 AM
  3. IL IL - Anthony Thomas, 33, Prophetstown, 29 Sept 2017
    By Dalagali in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2017, 06:24 PM
  4. IL IL - Anthony Grieff, 17, Morris, 1 Sept 2017
    By Dalagali in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 09:14 PM
  5. Found Safe IN - Anthony Mitchell, 9, Hammond, 2 Sept 2017
    By Dalagali in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 01:08 AM

Tags for this Thread