Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Unidentified body found in Chicago has Cleveland, Akron tattoos

me2015-02395-tattoos-1jpg-a57ccfdc4651e541.jpg

The body was pulled from the lake near Chicago's Navy Pier on June 10, 2015, and bears tattoos that correspond with Cleveland, Akron, and Ohio State University, according to Cook County's unidentified persons database.

The man is described as Asian and between 20 and 30 years of age. He was 5-feet-8-inches and weighed 122 pounds, the database says.
Tattooed on the man's left forearm was the outline of the state of Ohio and the phrase "Cleveland 216." Alongside it is an Ohio State Buckeyes logo, according to the database.

Also tattooed on the same arm is the phrase "Rubber City Boy 330" as well as a skyline.
The database lists several other tattoos on the man's body, including "Forgive me of my sins" on his chest, "N.F.L." and "Christ's disciple" on his arms, a cross, an angel with wings, and the letter "M."

The man was found in black extra-large sweat pants and medium thermal underwear.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/10/unidentified_body_found_in_chi_1.html

Such a distinctive face!

You would think the tattoos would have helped ID him by now. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

216 is the telephone area code for Cleveland. The Rubber City is Akron and 330 is the Akron area code. It's immediately adjacent to Cleveland. He might or might not be connected to Ohio State. People in the area root for the Buckeyes the same as they would a pro team. But I'd be astonishment if he's not a local.

The religious ink seems more Catholic to me.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

There is a rubber city tattoo shop there also. I wonder of they checked. With all his tattoos and the rubber city 330 tattoo I'm guessing he may have been tattooed at that shop. Someone there may recognize him or he may have paid by a credit card.

<snip for focus>

The religious ink seems more Catholic to me.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

As a Catholic, I agree, and there are many Asian-Americans who are Catholic. Maybe need to check in with the local diocese about whether they know of anyone missing from a parish?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I’ve been emailing pics of his tattoos to local shops to see if anyone recognizes the work.

With the 2 pairs of pants he was wearing he was most likely homeless; in this case it's likely no one was looking for him. Also, I wonder if police checked records of Asian males who attended Ohio State?

I found an IG account for someone with the screen name rubber city boy and his main name is Xingyuohio. It&#8217;s a request to follow account.

A web sleuth who read the Beacon Journal&#8217;s series spotted a NamUs case with obvious ties to Northeast Ohio. The reader did not return calls to share her own story, but she was more than eager to share the story via email of the victim she found in the hopes that someone would recognize a telltale tattoo.

Among the man&#8217;s extensive body art was &#8220;Rubber City Boy 330,&#8221; printed inside his right arm with a downtown skyline that featured a blimp. His other arm featured the Ohio State University buckeye symbol and the outline of Ohio with &#8220;Cleveland 216&#8221; written inside.

A passerby found the man floating in Lake Michigan in Chicago &#8212; coincidentally or not, off East Ohio Street &#8212; on June 10, 2015.

The Cook County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office determined the cause of death was drowning, but could not say if it was homicide, suicide, an accident or natural causes.

The man has not matched any dental records or X-rays of known missing persons. His DNA was extracted and submitted to NamUs.

The man is described as white or Asian, 20 to 30 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 122 pounds.

Ross said the man does not match the description of any known missing persons case in Akron, but he is now &#8220;on the radar&#8221; for the department.

&#8220;He may have been transient, who knows where he went missing from?&#8221;

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/loc...missing-teenage-girl-closer-to-identification

His whole name may actually be Xingyu which is a fairly common name.

I did. I&#8217;m also pretty sure he was born at the end of March or beginning of April. There&#8217;s a small tattoo in one of the pics that is clearly a symbol for the Aries birth Sign.

I don’t think his M tattoo is just an M either. It might be but I think it’s a tattoo that says one think one way and something else when you flip it over. I’m pretty sure upon flipping it says No but the other direction I can’t decipher.

I did. I&#8217;m also pretty sure he was born at the end of March or beginning of April. There&#8217;s a small tattoo in one of the pics that is clearly a symbol for the Aries birth Sign.

I noticed the Aries symbol too. I agree that the M doesn't look like an M really. I wondered if it was covering an older tattoo.

I don't mean to stereo type but could this individual be involved with the gang life when he was living in Ohio due to his heavily tattooed body and has since "found god" and walked away from that life? Since carbuff mentioned one of the tattoo looks like it is covering an older tattoo, it could be a tattoo that is associated with a gang. If this is the case, then there is a possibility Ohio LE may have this UID in their system.

I don't mean to stereo type but could this individual be involved with the gang life when he was living in Ohio due to his heavily tattooed body and has since "found god" and walked away from that life? Since carbuff mentioned one of the tattoo looks like it is covering an older tattoo, it could be a tattoo that is associated with a gang. If this is the case, then there is a possibility Ohio LE may have this UID in their system.

I think it's possible he changed, but if he was in the Ohio system, that should have turned up when they compared fingerprints.

I agree with the change been likely due to the fact that the poorly done tattoos seem to reflect a level of juvenile behavior in the newer tattoos appear to be much better done however there is also what appears to be a star of David in one of the pictures which would reflect gang activity. I was also raised Catholic and the stuff there doesn&#8217;t appear to be based on the Catholic faith. I believe the M is what&#8217;s called an ambigram tattoo. It says no then Ohio flipped. What is lake Michigan like in late May early June ? Is it to cold to swim? Also I see where one site listed him as being 124 pounds why would he need an extra large pants

Since when is the Star of David a gang tattoo? It's usually associated with Judaism.

Serious question, I don't mean to sound snarky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back