Ramsey case Terms for Newbies

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Many of has been following the case on the forums for years and we get into the habit of using abbreviations. I thought it might be a fun, useful exercise to start a thread with a glossary of terms which often have newbies scratching their heads! Some definitions are intended to be tongue in cheek as they are slightly ridiculous.

(these are in no particular order - just brainstorming)

Newbie - a new member of a forum or a new follower of the case.
PR - Patsy ramsey

JBR - JonBenet Ramsey

JR - John ramsey

BR - Burke ramsey

CAP - "Crazy Aunt Pam" - Pam Paugh - Patsy ramsey's sister.

ST - Steve Thomas - lead investigator at the beginning of the case who wrote a book suggesting that Patsy killed Jonbenet over bedwettnig. The book also exposed much of the corruption within the DA's office at the time.
PMPT - Perfect Murder Perfect Town - book by Lawrence Schiller (made into a movie). It is the most unbiased book about the case and focuses on facts. Also HB = hardback copy, PB = paperback copy. There were some revisions to the paperback so posters tend to differentiate between the versions when they quote.

Tracey I,II,III - Three documentaries made by British journalism professor Michael Tracey. Sympathetic towards the Ramseys to thepoint of bias and do not tell two sides of the story. Tracey III may actually qualify as fraudulent.

Crockumentary - another name for Tracey's documentaries.

LS - Lou Smit - investigator for the DA's office. He has publicly declared his belief in the intruder theory. The stungun theory is Lou's baby.

BORG - "Believer of Ramsey Guilt". Ramsey supporters say it means "Bent on Ramsey Guilt" - which suggest that anyone who believes the Ramseys are guilty do so because they want them to be (i.e. because they are jealous of their wealth/status etc)

Fencesitter - someone who has not made up their mind whether Jonbenet was killed by an intruder of a family member. RST do not believe fencesitters exist and just lump them in with the BORG.

RST - Ramsey Spin team - a relatively small number of people who claim their pro-Ramsey opinions as facts and who refuse to contemplate the Ramseys even as potential suspects. They are not the same as

IDI - Intruder Did it. People who believe in the intruder theory are said to be IDI.

PDI - Patsy did it - People who believe Patsy killed Jonbenet are PDI.

JDI - John did it. Ditto

JARDI - John Andrew Ramsey Did It. Some people believe that the ramsey's older son may have been in Boulder that day and that his presence there has been covered up.

BDI - Burke Did It. Burke is JonBenet's older brother and he was just short of his 10th birthday at the time of the murder.

ACR = ACandyRose - a much valued member of the Internet ramsey community. She has a phenomenal website at www.acandyrose.com where you will find countless archived documents, discussions, media stories about the Ramsey case. She has even created an online index for the Ramsey's book DOI.

DOI - Death of Innocence. The ramsey's book about their life after the murder.

BDA - Boulder District Attorney

BPD - Boulder Police Department

FFJ - Forums For Justice - www.forumsforjustice.org This is Websleuth's sister forum and both are owned by Tricia Griffiths. Most of the members of FFJ believe RDI.

WS - Websleuths - this forum :) WS has a huge membership and is best known for its "All POVs Welcome" policy. Membership is mixed but polls suggest that most members believe RDI.

POV - point of view - i.e. a poster's opinion.

BB/DoubleB/Swamp - jameson's forum. www.jameson245.com Strictly RST forum (depsite claims to the contrary). There is a charge of $50 to join but sometimes the forum is open to the public. Non RST are guaranteed to be viciously attacked by members.

CN2000 - CrimeNews 2000 - Nice forum. Mixed membership.

LW/Woody - Lin Wood - Ramsey's civil attorney.

HellHole - The ramsey house in Boulder. The name was invented by Nedra Paugh - Patsy's mother now deceased.

IMO/IMHO - In my Opinion/In My Humble Opinion - should be used when a poster is expressing their opinion rather than claiming a sourceable fact.

AG - Access Graphics - John Ramsey was CEO of this company when JonBenet died.

Feel free to add.

Jayelles said:
Many of has been following the case on the forums for years and we get into the habit of using abbreviations. I thought it might be a fun, useful exercise to start a thread with a glossary of terms which often have newbies scratching their heads! Some definitions are intended to be tongue in cheek as they are slightly ridiculous.

(these are in no particular order - just brainstorming)

Newbie - a new member of a forum or a new follower of the case.
PR - Patsy ramsey

JBR - JonBenet Ramsey

JR - John ramsey

BR - Burke ramsey

CAP - "Crazy Aunt Pam" - Pam Paugh - Patsy ramsey's sister.

ST - Steve Thomas - lead investigator at the beginning of the case who wrote a book suggesting that Patsy killed Jonbenet over bedwettnig. The book also exposed much of the corruption within the DA's office at the time.
PMPT - Perfect Murder Perfect Town - book by Lawrence Schiller (made into a movie). It is the most unbiased book about the case and focuses on facts. Also HB = hardback copy, PB = paperback copy. There were some revisions to the paperback so posters tend to differentiate between the versions when they quote.

Tracey I,II,III - Three documentaries made by British journalism professor Michael Tracey. Sympathetic towards the Ramseys to thepoint of bias and do not tell two sides of the story. Tracey III may actually qualify as fraudulent.

Crockumentary - another name for Tracey's documentaries.

LS - Lou Smit - investigator for the DA's office. He has publicly declared his belief in the intruder theory. The stungun theory is Lou's baby.

BORG - "Believer of Ramsey Guilt". Ramsey supporters say it means "Bent on Ramsey Guilt" - which suggest that anyone who believes the Ramseys are guilty do so because they want them to be (i.e. because they are jealous of their wealth/status etc)

Fencesitter - someone who has not made up their mind whether Jonbenet was killed by an intruder of a family member. RST do not believe fencesitters exist and just lump them in with the BORG.

RST - Ramsey Spin team - a relatively small number of people who claim their pro-Ramsey opinions as facts and who refuse to contemplate the Ramseys even as potential suspects. They are not the same as

IDI - Intruder Did it. People who believe in the intruder theory are said to be IDI.

PDI - Patsy did it - People who believe Patsy killed Jonbenet are PDI.

JDI - John did it. Ditto

JARDI - John Andrew Ramsey Did It. Some people believe that the ramsey's older son may have been in Boulder that day and that his presence there has been covered up.

BDI - Burke Did It. Burke is JonBenet's older brother and he was just short of his 10th birthday at the time of the murder.

ACR = ACandyRose - a much valued member of the Internet ramsey community. She has a phenomenal website at www.acandyrose.com where you will find countless archived documents, discussions, media stories about the Ramsey case. She has even created an online index for the Ramsey's book DOI.

DOI - Death of Innocence. The ramsey's book about their life after the murder.

BDA - Boulder District Attorney

BPD - Boulder Police Department

FFJ - Forums For Justice - www.forumsforjustice.org This is Websleuth's sister forum and both are owned by Tricia Griffiths. Most of the members of FFJ believe RDI.

WS - Websleuths - this forum :) WS has a huge membership and is best known for its "All POVs Welcome" policy. Membership is mixed but polls suggest that most members believe RDI.

POV - point of view - i.e. a poster's opinion.

BB/DoubleB/Swamp - jameson's forum. www.jameson245.com Strictly RST forum (depsite claims to the contrary). There is a charge of $50 to join but sometimes the forum is open to the public. Non RST are guaranteed to be viciously attacked by members.

CN2000 - CrimeNews 2000 - Nice forum. Mixed membership.

LW/Woody - Lin Wood - Ramsey's civil attorney.

HellHole - The ramsey house in Boulder. The name was invented by Nedra Paugh - Patsy's mother now deceased.

IMO/IMHO - In my Opinion/In My Humble Opinion - should be used when a poster is expressing their opinion rather than claiming a sourceable fact.

AG - Access Graphics - John Ramsey was CEO of this company when JonBenet died.

Feel free to add.

LE - law enforcement

EA - erotic asphyxiation (breath control to achieve a high using a ligature of some kind around the neck, usually during sex or masturbation, and including a partner)

AEA - autoerotic asphyxiation (same as EA except not including a partner)

S.B.T.C - signature in the ransom note. We don't know what it stands for .... yet.

Thanks for this thread Jayelles! Guess that means I'm a JDI.:rolleyes:

Thank you for posting that...I cruise through the JBR threads periodically (hoping justice will be done, someday!) and I have to say, I could figure out some, but not all. This really helped :dance:

hey hey, I dont attack you guys :cool:

Summergirl said:

hey hey, I dont attack you guys :cool:
No you don't Summer, you are very sweet - definitely not one of the rottweillers :)

Jayelles said:
No you don't Summer, you are very sweet - definitely not one of the rottweillers :)
Thanks :) Although we have very different theories on what happend to JonBenet, I try to be as civil and nice as I can:)

There used to be a time when the "J" word was not allowed to be posted due to all of the problems that she caused this place. I really hate progress sometimes..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back