Found Safe NC - Nakia Williams, 14, Charlotte, 7 Sept 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A search is underway for a 14-year-old Charlotte girl who has been missing for nearly six weeks. Nakia Williams was last seen Sept. 7 when she left her residence in the 3700 block of Wiegon Lane, according to a missing person report by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police.

She is described as black, 5 feet 3 inches tall, 110 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

Missing%2014%20yo%20NAKIA%20Williams%201_1508084685988_9472063_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/vo...charlotte-teen-missing-since-sept-7/625030840

I live in Charlotte and that's the first I've heard of her being missing.

Nothing in the news here in Greensboro.Shameful,this is from Sept. 7. Thank you Jersey Girl. Twice recently I have seen Missing Person alert sign on I-40 and
I-85 with a car description but no other info. or anything in news. I come to Websleuths and find nothing. There usually is no urgency if police suspect a runaway.
Does Nakia have a cell phone and has it been used?

Nothing in the news here in Greensboro.Shameful,this is from Sept. 7. Thank you Jersey Girl. Twice recently I have seen Missing Person alert sign on I-40 and
I-85 with a car description but no other info. or anything in news. I come to Websleuths and find nothing. There usually is no urgency if police suspect a runaway.
Does Nakia have a cell phone and has it been used?

Article from today:http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/in...s-in-search-for-missing-14-year-old/625030840

Volunteers gathered at the Walmart Supercenter at 3240 Wilkinson Blvd.on Sunday to organize a search party and distribute flyers to help find Nakia.

“We need all the help we can get,” said Conchette Stowe, Nakia’s mother.”It takes a village, and I'm crying out to the village to help find my daughter.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How has it been six weeks and so little :(

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

Williams-Nakia_Missing_1508084685980_9472062_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Investigators thought they had a possible lead in the case at a home in Gaston County after photos surfaced on social media of Nakia with a man named Jarrette Luckey who was twice her age.

“I honestly don't know how my name got involved, I really don't know,” Luckey said.

Luckey adamantly told Channel 9 that he doesn't know Nakia, has never even seen her, and he told police the same thing when they searched his home Sunday night.

“Police came out here and looked. They looked everywhere. I let them look in the house. I let them look in the yard. Just to let them know that she's not [expletive] here,” Luckey said.

Luckey told Channel 9 that police did arrest him for missing an earlier court date but have not charged him with anything tied to Nakia's disappearance.

“Oh, he knows. He knows her,” her mother said about Luckey.

Nakia's family isn't convinced and said they'll keep looking and pushing police for answers until they find her.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/mo...old-we-need-all-the-help-we-can-get/625030840

I don't like the sound of this...six weeks is a long, long time. And that her mother says Luckey knows her, and he says he doesn't. That could be a "nothing" in this case, but the yes-he-does/no-I-don't is curious, to be sure. What a pretty young lady. SMH. I'm betting her mother won't get a good night's sleep until she is home. Let's hope this one comes to a good end.

I hope this is ok to say/ask. When was she first reported missing? I see nothing from social media before 10/1. I see nothing in the news either. This is an autistic child who was last seen 9/7???? I'm concerned about this time frame. IMO

Ok, the more i'm reading the more upsetting this is. Police need to look closer to home. IMO

Oops wrong thread. Bumping for Nakia. Hope she will be found safe!

This article is several days old, but I haven't seen it posted on this thread -- doesn't sound good, but it doesn't sound definite, either.
Missing Charlotte Teen Possibly Spotted Near Budget Motels
October 15, 2017,
CHARLOTTE, NC – New details as the search for a Charlotte teenager continues. 14-year-old Nakia Williams has Asperger Syndrome.
But her mom says she’s recently been spotted near budget motels along Wilkinson Boulevard and Sugar Creek Road near I-85.

I hope this has been checked out by now. It seems to me LE could park a car in a close-by spot & sit there & watch.

Nakia's street is only about 5 miles from the church where Ashanti Billie was found: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Eas...bb4191ad20!2m2!1d-80.9084385!2d35.3215543!3e0

I wonder if the man arrested in Ashanti's case, Eric Brown, could have been in the Charlotte area when Nakia went missing? There has been mention made that he may have targeted other women in Hampton Roads but his childhood home (no longer owned by his family) was in Charlotte, very close to the church where Ashanti was found. He is transient/homeless and he said he goes back and forth between Charlotte and Hampton Roads area. Ashanti was very petite and I notice Nakia is also petite. I hope Nakia is ok and comes home safe, but I also hope LE is looking to see if Brown could be involved in other cases.

Ashanti's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9-Virginia-Beach-18-Sept-2017-*Arrest*/page35

Oh, my, how wonderful. And she was taken to her home. I hope all are okay, happy & thankful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back