"The Eleven" new series on A&E

Here is the A&E page which has a 20-minute preview of The Eleven, the brand new documentary series about the unsolved murders of several young women in Texas in the 1970's. It commences with a 2-hour showing at 9pm on Thursday 10/19: http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-eleven

I have it on my calendar to watch. Saw the clips and it looks riveting.

I think it was decent. It gave some pretty good facts that I didn't know or that are pretty difficult to easily find.

The show is great. 4 Part series. Unbelievable that the police never looked for these little girls- Georgia Geer and Brooks Bracewell went missing in 1974 near Dickerson, TX.

This guy is a nut case. These families of the girls never had any closure, their murders still unsolved.

Interesting news, one of the double homicide cases has been re-opened and they are looking into connecting all the other cases to Mr. Bell as well. The last episode in the series was the worst. Some of the things this creep said about these innocent girls, he isn't insane. He is completely aware of every move he has made and he is SICK!. I haven't been able to find any info on his parole hearing.

I watched the series and thought it was very good. I'm very interested in what type of possible DNA evidence was found after all these years. There isn't much out there to find out right now, we just have to wait. And thank goodness he didn't make parole!

Interesting news, one of the double homicide cases has been re-opened and they are looking into connecting all the other cases to Mr. Bell as well. The last episode in the series was the worst. Some of the things this creep said about these innocent girls, he isn't insane. He is completely aware of every move he has made and he is SICK!. I haven't been able to find any info on his parole hearing.

He was denied parole per the blurb at the very end of the last episode so that's good. Somehow I missed that this series was airing so I binged watched the six episodes and thought this was a very well done series. I think he's responsible for most of these crimes profiled. It's hard to believe its taken this much time for someone to lay all these cases out in order to get the bigger picture. So many failures and missteps along the way, some almost seem intentional. Bank robbers masquerading as part time detectives? That whole second episode blew me away. I was very impressed with the work the reporter has done, her partner wasn't bad either.

My issue with Bell being responsible for all of the murders is that some of the victims were strangled. Why would he go from shooting to strangulation? Killers either choose one or the other and don't go back and forth. I can see where a strangler might lose control of a victim and end up shooting them, but someone who normally is a shooter isn't going to suddenly strangle. They are different pathologies.

I was watching The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer on History and there is a DNA lab in Virginia that takes trace DNA and can create an image of the person's face that it belonged to. I don't know how much they need or what would be available. Texas DNA labs have a backlog of YEARS and evidence has been proven to be contaminated many times over the years.

I just found, by accident the A&E show "The Eleven" and I was blown away. First of all, I am originally from Galveston County, and am familiar with every, single place shown in this incredible series. I worked in Galveston, lived on a ranch in Brazoria county, where a lot of the girls were dumped, and hung around Dickinson, League City, and all the other surrounding areas with friends. How could anyone in their right mind walk away from this show, and not be absolutely certain that Ed Bell is the killer of those girls? Let's eliminate the letter altogether, and you still have a man that is a numero uno, freaky sex offender, who has had multiple arrests for flashing/raping young girls, sometimes in pairs, admitted on camera that he did, indeed pick up two of the victims in his white van, had ties to the girls via the surf/dive shop he co-owned, and where multiple victims hung around, and knew Brazoria county like the back of his hand. Oh, let's not forget that he had a trailer within a few miles of two dump sites. Coincidence? Not a chance! After absorbing all of that, then let's bring in his letter. If you want to know more about this case, you MUST read Kathyn Casey's book called "Deliver Us: Three Decades of Murder and Redemption in the Infamous I-45/Texas Killing Fields." This book is like the encyclopedia of the I-45 murders. Every, single one of the murders featured in this series is written about in the book. What the show didn't tell everyone is that one of the victims' named Suzie Bowers, who was 12 when she went missing from Galveston had ties to Bell too. At least she had environmental ties. Her grandparents' house was located behind the house of an employee of Ed Bell. Ed Bell would visit this employee from time to time in the house, and there is a damn good chance he saw Suzie Bowers when she was at her grandparents house. Also, the little girl from Alvin who disappeared off county road 99: she was involved in band, and Ed Bell had been in the A&M band. He could of been combing the schools, going to competitions, trying to find his next victim. Also, when the reporter asked him about Collette Wilson, he knew her middle name. WTF? Yes, he could've retained all these details from newspapers, but after so long? The district attorney who was asked if he thought Bell did it is a complete & utter moron. Even an internet detective, such as myself knows damn good & well that Bell is the one who did it! Poor Fred Paige. He knows too, and he also knows nobody is going to do anything about it. Even some of the victims' family members were hostile to him, like Collette Wilson's sister. She was a jerk to Fred.
Kudos to Fred Paige for sure, and to reporter Lise Olsen, the Brazoria county detective who made an appearance, and some of the other people who truly believe Ed Bell is the freak who committed these murders! I cannot imagine how scared those girls were when raped & murdered by him, especially the girls who had to stand in that murky water off that bridge and be executed. They probably knew they were going to be killed. I cannot imagine what went through their minds. Oh, and by the way, someone mentioned they had doubts to Ed Bell's guilt, simply because he changed the way he killed? Lots of killers will strangle one day, then shoot the next & vice versa. Ted Bundy strangled some, then bludgeoned others, and even occasionally stabbed. Ed Bell is the one most definitely. Eliminate his letter, and look at all the ties he has. He admitted picking two of the victims up too. Come on! That would be a helluva coincidence, don't you think?

I didn't say Bell wasn't responsible for any of them as I am certain he is. I'd even go as far to say that he is responsible for MOST of them, but not all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back