GUILTY FL - Elizabeth Johnson, 19, & Curtis Tenney, 18, Okeechobee, 8 Jan 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
Police in Okeechobee hope you can help them with their investigation of a young couple found in a burned car.

They released these pictures of Elizabeth Johnson and Curtis Tenney.

A fire rescue crew discovered the pair after putting out a fire on a Mustang convertible a week ago Sunday.
http://www.wptv.com/News/011806_TwoBodies.cfm

This is the only article that I can find on this. Nothing in the local paper that I have found.

How sad for thses to young people. I found a another article:

OKEECHOBEE, Fla. -- Investigators are asking the public to help them find out who killed two teens whose bodies were found in a torched car on a dead-end road more than a week ago.

"We have no motives yet, and that's what's disturbing: to have this vehicle fire and two people inside and not know the reason for it," said Lt. William Markham of the Okeechobee Sheriff's Office. "It doesn't make any sense for deaths like this to occur."

The vehicle was discovered at the corner of northeast 70th Avenue and 11th street, not far from the main road. Elizabeth Johnson, 19, and Curtis Tenney, 18, were discovered the evening of Jan. 8 inside Johnson's charred 2004 Ford Mustang. The medical examiner used dental records to identify the teens.

http://www.wpbfnews.com/news/6213787/detail.html

Horrible!! So many senseless deaths. What a handsome/beautiful couple.

Shadow205 said:
Police in Okeechobee hope you can help them with their investigation of a young couple found in a burned car.

They released these pictures of Elizabeth Johnson and Curtis Tenney.

A fire rescue crew discovered the pair after putting out a fire on a Mustang convertible a week ago Sunday.
http://www.wptv.com/News/011806_TwoBodies.cfm

This is the only article that I can find on this. Nothing in the local paper that I have found.
That article just got sent to Greta. Thanks for the heads up Shadow, that was never mentioned in our local papers. I would be willing to bet those two guys that were with missing Dori Myers are involved in this.

Beyond,
I know it was never in TCPALM, I read that every day. I just happened to come accross it looking for something else. I hope that SLC Sheriff's Dept. & Okeechobee are comparing notes.

Shadow205 said:
Beyond,
I know it was never in TCPALM, I read that every day. I just happened to come accross it looking for something else. I hope that SLC Sheriff's Dept. & Okeechobee are comparing notes.
Me too. Now I am thinking of calling them about two guys I saw in Indian River Co. I dismissed it because it seemed unlikely those two would have ended up there after Dori's disappearance.

I have sent two emails to the local paper asking why this was not covered in their paper. Other than the 1 article at WPTV, I have not been able to find anything at all on this.
icon8.gif

I know I had not read it, but my mother knew about it. I guess it was on the local news which I don't watch.

I can not believe the lack of coverage that this got. I still think that there could be a connection to this and the Dori Ann Myers case.

They wouldn't even release the cause of death. You'd think there would be a lot of coverage on this. If I were the parents of these kids I'd be yelling my head off.

BeeBee,

I have sent numerous emails to the media and never even received a reply. There have been no updates at all on this. I just can't help but think that it might be related to Dori Ann Myers. Mighty strange coincidence if it is not.

A teenager faces first-degree murder and arson charges in the January shooting deaths of two young adults whose bodies were found in a charred car that belonged to one of them.

An Okeechobee County grand jury late Wednesday indicted Mark Anthony Alvarez, 17, on two counts of murder with a firearm and one count of arson in the deaths of Curtis Wayne Tenney, 18, and 19-year-old Elizabeth Ann Johnson.

The victims were found shot to death in Johnson's Mustang convertible, which had been set on fire. Dental records were used to identify the badly burned remains. Prosecutors have not released any details about a possible motive for the crime. Alvarez is being tried as an adult but cannot get the death penalty because he is a juvenile. He is being held without bail.
more at the link : http://www.topix.net/content/trb/1144644290083825053104995924782860218897

Gruesome details given in double murder trial in Okeechobee

June 20, 2007OKEECHOBEE — Once the fire was out and the cloth top of the convertible eaten away by flames, Deputy Susan Morrison's concern was finding paperwork identifying the owner.
Instead, Morrison and another deputy found the owner, she said under questioning Tuesday, the first day of 18-year-old Mark Anthony Alvarez's trial for first-degree murder and arson.
<snip>
Because he was only 17 at the time of the murders, Alvarez faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole, not the death penalty.
<snip>
Albright alluded to a prior argument between Curtis and Alvarez's brother about "who had the best drugs" but did not directly pinpoint that incident as a motive for the crime.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5593615,00.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back