Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lina was last seen in Santa Cruz, California on March 21, 1984. On March 22, 1984, her vehicle was found abandoned in Davenport, California on southbound Highway 1 by the California Highway Patrol with the motor still running. Women's shoes were found on the edge of a cliff. At the time, she resided in San Jose, California.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: SANTA CRUZ CO SO
Agency Contact Person: Investigator Donna Rodoni
Agency Phone Number: 831-454-7649
Agency E-Mail: shf236@santacruzcounty.us
Agency Case Number: 8402218

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1411

Information Source(s)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3864dfca.html
NamUs
CA DOJ
Pinterest

san jose has a large Portuguese population to this day. she looks like and has a Portuguese name. any other details out there? was she alone when last seen? any boyfriends, ex's, a husband or was this random?

Charley project has her listed at 150 pounds, everywhere else 105.
Car running and shoes on cliff sounds like a leap.
I wish we had more on her life leading up to the disappearance.

Current Unidentified Person Exclusions per NamUs:
UP6037 04/18/1984 Lake FL
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP9938 01/11/1987 San Mateo CA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP6279 12/18/1996 Fairfax VA
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP7690 09/11/2005 Orange CA
UP5815 03/02/2008 Cochise AZ
UP9978 10/13/2010 Pierce WA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

I wonder if there's a connection to Nancy MacDuckston who disappeared from Davenport, Calif. in 2003.
I wish we knew if Lina was depressed before she disappeared.

Refreshing the thread. Anyone care to help research her a little more? I believe I’ve found her in the 1974 & 1976 Santa Clara High School yearbooks, but I want to be certain before I post photos. There’s also a marriage record for a Lina B Borges to RVT in Aug. 1978 and a divorce in Nov. 1983, shortly before she went missing.

I can’t find any newspaper articles with her name or disappearance in them. I guess I’m mainly trying to figure out if Lina is short for something, and if Barcelos is her middle name or maybe mother’s maiden name, something like that.

Her vehicle was found running on the side of the road and women’s shoes on the edge of a cliff, yet the circumstances are described as suspicious. Abduction? What made her pull over and were those even her shoes?

She was living in San Jose, last seen in Santa Cruz, but her vehicle was found on Southbound Hwy1 in Davenport. Anyone from that area have a theory about that? When I looked at a map of those locations, Davenport seemed out of the way if she were going between the other two locations.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.10.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.13.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.16.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.11.33 PM.png

Borges is her maiden name and there are a few more yearbook photos of her Ancestry as well. Marriage records suggest she divorced RVT the year before she disappeared.

Last edited:
Refreshing the thread. Anyone care to help research her a little more? I believe I’ve found her in the 1974 & 1976 Santa Clara High School yearbooks, but I want to be certain before I post photos. There’s also a marriage record for a Lina B Borges to RVT in Aug. 1978 and a divorce in Nov. 1983, shortly before she went missing.

I can’t find any newspaper articles with her name or disappearance in them. I guess I’m mainly trying to figure out if Lina is short for something, and if Barcelos is her middle name or maybe mother’s maiden name, something like that.

Her vehicle was found running on the side of the road and women’s shoes on the edge of a cliff, yet the circumstances are described as suspicious. Abduction? What made her pull over and were those even her shoes?

She was living in San Jose, last seen in Santa Cruz, but her vehicle was found on Southbound Hwy1 in Davenport. Anyone from that area have a theory about that? When I looked at a map of those locations, Davenport seemed out of the way if she were going between the other two locations.
Hard to say for sure if Lina is short for something or if it was her actual name. Lina is a portuguese name BUT in Portugal, Lina is usually used as short for other names.

Barcelos was her mother's name and Borges her father's name.

Hard to say for sure if Lina is short for something or if it was her actual name. Lina is a portuguese name BUT in Portugal, Lina is usually used as short for other names.
I've seen it in other places (not related to her I don't think) where it's a shortened version of Vitalina. Maybe?

I'm not finding anything specific to her, but have run across some articles over the decades of both suicides and drownings at Davenport Beach, even a case of two young people whose clothing was left on the rock ledge (they were recovered wearing swimsuits), as well as accidental falls and subsequent deaths when the rock/cliffs gave way. Some of the cliffs along the beach according to articles found are around 150 ft.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back