Found Safe IL - Nora Payne, 44, Chicago, 27 Sept 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The brother of singer/songwriter Nora Payne, who has worked with such superstars as Michael Jackson, Brandy, Will Smith and Jennifer Lopez, says his sister has been missing for two weeks and was last seen at O’Hare Airport.

On Oct. 2, Julian Payne posted on Facebook: “Saddens me to post this. I’ll be short … if anyone sees my sister Nora Payne please reach out to us. We just want to make sure she is safe. We have not been able to locate her once her travel day last Thursday. We think she may be in Los Angeles Maryland or NY.”

The next day, he posted: “Instagram and Facebook family and browsers, we pass people everyday but she’s special to me…my only sister.” He wrote that on Sept. 27, she flew on an American Airlines flight with a layover at Midway Airport.

But on Oct. 4, he updated that to say: “Good news is we have narrowed her last city down to Chicago O’Hare Airport! Please share this if you know people in Chicago.”

The 44-year-old Nora Payne is described as a 5-foot-6, 117-pound black woman with long brown hair and brown eyes. She has a birthmark on her waist/hip area and pierced ears, according to a missing person alert posted by the Black & Missing Foundation. She was last seen wearing a white and gold metallic pullover shirt, black jacket jacket, black jeans, and a dark brown studded leather belt. She was carrying a pumpkin brown Herme’s purse and a black carry-on bag.

The alert said she may be in need of medical attention, but did not specity.

She was on a flight from Buffalo, New York, on her way to visit her brother, president of The Original Mobile Barbershop Co. in Los Angeles, when she disappeared. That flight made a layover at O’Hare.

Anyone with information or who may have seen Payne is asked to call Black & Missing Foundation at (716) 286-4568 or (877) 972-2634.

Chicago Police said they had not been contacted about a possible missing person with that name.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/s...payne-missing-for-2-weeks-last-seen-at-ohare/
7cde379b300f7c8b5a8e8bec1e4754d1.jpg

Beautiful lady. Wonder why they think she could be in so many different places if the last place they narrowed her down to was Midway airport. They should be able to track her on any flight she may have taken to any of those places. And, why have they not filed a missing person's report? More to the story...IMO!!!

Beautiful lady. Wonder why they think she could be in so many different places if the last place they narrowed her down to was Midway airport. They should be able to track her on any flight she may have taken to any of those places. And, why have they not filed a missing person's report? More to the story...IMO!!!

RBBM for focus.

"On Oct. 2, Julian Payne posted on Facebook: 'Saddens me to post this. I’ll be short … if anyone sees my sister Nora Payne please reach out to us. We just want to make sure she is safe. We have not been able to locate her once her travel day last Thursday. We think she may be in Los Angeles Maryland or NY.'

The next day, he posted: 'Instagram and Facebook family and browsers, we pass people everyday but she’s special to me…my only sister.' He wrote that on Sept. 27, she flew on an American Airlines flight with a layover at Midway Airport.

But on Oct. 4, he updated that to say: 'Good news is we have narrowed her last city down to Chicago O’Hare Airport! Please share this if you know people in Chicago.' (all BBM)
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/s...payne-missing-for-2-weeks-last-seen-at-ohare/

So it appears at first Nora's brother believed the layover had been at Midway, but then the next day, Oct. 4, he learned that she had in fact been at O'Hare. I use both airports on a regular basis and can see how easy it can be to confuse the two, as they are both located within the City of Chicago.

O'Hare is much larger than Midway, however: "As of 2016, O'Hare is the sixth-busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic, the third-busiest in the United States, and the busiest in the Midwest. O'Hare also has eight runways, more than any other major international airport. ORD covers 7,627 acres (3,087 ha) of land."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Hare_International_Airport

Whereas

“Chicago Midway Airport is the second-largest passenger airport in the state of Illinois, with only O'Hare being larger. In 2005, Chicago Midway International Airport was the 30th-busiest airport in the United States in terms of passenger traffic.”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_International_Airport

In any case, I agree, the family needs to file a report with LE immediately. Time is of the essence, IMO.

Yeah, I don't know? I went with it was posted in msm and then I continued to read more and I wasn't sure still in msm.
I can ask a mod to look it over if someone hasn't.

Yeah, I don't know? I went with it was posted in msm and then I continued to read more and I wasn't sure still in msm.
I can ask a mod to look it over if someone hasn't.
We have an article so I think it's okay. JMO.

I really hope Nora is safe, and this isn't for publicity. It's not that difficult to go to the police and get the video from the airport if you're truly worried that something has happened. Yes, slightly time consuming, but completely necessary, I would think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back