Canada - Richard Henry JONES, 1975

Astrophel

Reaction score
Could this missing man be Jock Doe?

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MM-1975-11-01521#moreImages
http://www.parisstaronline.com/2016/03/22/case-of-ricky-jones-goes-cold-again-city-police
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...other-vanished-in-brantford-in-1975-1.3480163

Richard Henry Jones has been missing from Ontario since sometime around November of 1975. It took the family a while to realize that he was missing, and the exact date of his disappearance is not known. The family filed a missing persons report in 1975, but the report was somehow lost and a formal investigation was not opened until last year, 2016. He was only added to Canada's missing person databases a few months ago, so he would not have come up in any past searches for missing Canadian men, which I think makes him a promising possibility. His sister says that it was common for people they knew to take off suddenly from their small town and go hitchhiking around the country, and thinks he might have done the same. Police believe he is deceased and/or that he left the country.

His hair texture doesn't match the Doe, but his other physical characteristics do. It's possible that he had it chemically straightened at some point?

Whoa! You may be on to something! One of the pics of Richard Jones compared to Doe guy looks super close.

As a dental professional for 18 years, something about the teeth/ bite look very close to the being the same. Remember Doe had exstensive dental work and it’s possible those are temporary crowns which tend to look bulky. Also the demple in the chin, and lips look the same. If you cover the top part of the face, and compare the lips and chin only it looks damn close to me.

I did some some side by side pics. Can someone tell me how to post pics?

Can someone find out what his dads name is? I’d love to know if he was doctor.

Thank you. I read all of those articles. I wish there was more. There’s a brown haired girl in one of the pics with him that’s is cut off.

Is that a cigarette in his hand in the pic with the suit on? I read the Sumpter County couple didn’t smoke. But I also read he had matches in his pocket.

8824BE66-5212-4964-8CB0-2B50C389A9CE.jpg

I must say, they look very similar, Jock and a Richard Jones just simply based off this side by side I did of the two. I think it could very well be him.

The teeth and bite appear identical to me. Also, the pic of him that was taken at the dump site (or crime scene), shows a strong jaw line. In the pic of Richard with the blue shirt on, he appears to have a strong jaw line as well. The nasiolabial folds from that pic, are very similar to the morgue pic.

Can someone please tell me how to post pics?

I emailed Sumter Co. Sheriff’s office.

Wow... I can definitely see the similarities.

The teeth and bite appear identical to me. Also, the pic of him that was taken at the dump site (or crime scene), shows a strong jaw line. In the pic of Richard with the blue shirt on, he appears to have a strong jaw line as well. The nasiolabial folds from that pic, are very similar to the morgue pic.

Can someone please tell me how to post pics?

I emailed Sumter Co. Sheriff’s office.

Ssnva1 you can upload photos to Websleuths using the icon I highlighted in Red. When it activates, it will pop up a screen to upload the photo. Click on “Choose File” and select the photo you want. When you do that, it should take you back to the upload screen and below “Choose Files”, there is an option to “Upload Files”. Click on that and your photo should upload AS A CODE. When you finish the post and put it up, the photo should be visible.

B9BD6E94-FEB6-4DB7-8991-DF0C8534719C.jpg
8C5E794B-263E-4FFA-85BA-4EEF39A0E90A.jpg

Please keep us updated on what Sumter Co. says. If he’s Jock, there is a chance that they will be able to identify the woman as well!

Sure will! And yes, it will be much easier to figure out who she is if we know who he is. Ive been looking for missing woman around the area where Richard Jones was from. I haven’t found anything that stands out so far. I’ve also tried to find info on his mother and father. I’ve searched obituaries from 1976 in Onterio, but there’s so many Jones!!! You know that’s not a very common last name lol.

Hi- I emailed his sister back in October and I could have swore I posted her response. I have been caring for my dad who just passed away from cancer so a lot of thingsfrom last year are a blur to me. Anyway the email is below. And FWIW, I still think it’s very good chance it’s him.

I sent-
Hello Diane,

I came across your missing brothers info on a website that I use to read and research missing people/ cold cases.

There’s strong similarities to your brother and the Sumter County Jock Doe that was found murdered in 1976 along with a young female.

Have you looked at this possibility?

Here’s a link to their page.

She replied-
Thank you for your concern. We have seen it and the different pics are confusing, however, no one in the family has olive skin and he did not have thick eyebrows. He was a college student when he went missing so would not have afforded that kind of dental work. Also he was under 6 ft tall. Again thank you though, sincerely Diane

Any luck? This case is the most bizarre case I think I’ve ever heard off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back