TX TX - Dallas, WhtFem 18-25, UP14786, bus card, 'Billy Robinson Lewisville Ford' business card, Jul'82

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 14786

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14786

Unidentified White Female
Found July 22, 1982 in Dallas County, TX
Body Condition: Recognizable face
Probable year of death: 1982 to 1982

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-25
Approximate Height: 69 estimate
Approximate Weight: 150 estimate.
Hair Color: Brown; Wavy, medium to dark brown hair up to 12 inches long;
Bosy Hair: Female distribution and is average or slightly below in quantity
Facial Hair: Eyebrows are dark brown and have been previously plucked, and fine hair present on the upper lip

Eye Color: Brown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
"Gloria Vanderbilt" brand blue jeans; "wine" colored blouse
Jewerly: Nothing.
Footwear: nothing
Accessories:
prop: bus card, billy robinson lewisville ford business card

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History:
White female recovered in Dallas County in 1982. Clothing includes blue jeans; red blouse

NamUs UP 14786

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14786

Unidentified White Female
Found July 22, 1982 in Dallas County, TX
Body Condition: Recognizable face
Probable year of death: 1982 to 1982

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-25
Approximate Height: 69 estimate
Approximate Weight: 150 estimate.
Hair Color: Brown; Wavy, medium to dark brown hair up to 12 inches long;
Bosy Hair: Female distribution and is average or slightly below in quantity
Facial Hair: Eyebrows are dark brown and have been previously plucked, and fine hair present on the upper lip

Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
"Gloria Vanderbilt" brand blue jeans; "wine" colored blouse
Jewerly: Nothing.
Footwear: nothing
Accessories:
prop: bus card, billy robinson lewisville ford business card

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History:
White female recovered in Dallas County in 1982. Clothing includes blue jeans; red blouse

Under Demographics NAMUS has the Estimated Postmortem Interval as 1 day. LE almost definitely had to of made a sketch of this UID.

I also looked up the address. It's the service road of I-35E, one-way northbound, on the east side of the freeway . The location seems to be just south of downtown Dallas close to the Trinity River. It looks like this is a classic dump and run. The address 400 S. RL Thornton seems to be a parking lot based on Google Maps.

Interestingly there is a Dallas County Juvenile Department Courthouse building with the address of 414 S. RL Thornton. The building looks to have been built in the mid 60's to early 70's so it would have been there in 1982. I doubt it has any connection to the unidentified person, but it seemed interesting nonetheless.

Ok, so the business card she had in her possession..."billy robinson lewisville ford business card" you have to assume billy robinson was a dealer at the ford dealership in Lewisville? A half hour drive away from where she was found? And you've got to hope that LE contacted him at the time and asked if he knew her, surely??

As a teenager or young adult with a bus card on her then my guess is she wasn't in the market to buy a new Ford so why did she have his card?

I can find a couple of Billy Robinsons who might be the right ones, from that area but they are both deceased. No idea if they're the correct ones though.

FL - FL - Robin Marlow, 28, Broward County, 28 July 1982

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Robin Sherrie Marlow – The Charley Project

Robin S. Marlow disappeared from Broward County, FL on either May 13, 1982, July 28, 1982, or perhaps we can assume sometime between then and then. This UID female was located July 22, 1982 in Dallas, TX. There is a 6-day period between the second supposed missing date for Robin and the day this Jane Doe was found (assuming the July 22 date is correct). We're going backwards somewhat but with the confusion in dates and the 37-year unidentified mystery, it wouldn't surprise me if this is Robin.

Physical descriptors

Robin is 28-yo white female 5'10" 110lbs with brown hair and eyes. She was wearing a red & white striped shirt and blue jeans.

Dallas Jane Doe is a 18-25-yo white female 5'9" 150lbs. She has brown eyes and wavy, medium to dark brown long (up to 12") hair and previously plucked brown eyebrows. She was wearing blue jeans with a red blouse described in clothing section as a "wine" colored blouse. No mention of stripes. She also had a business card from a local car dealer.

I wonder if perhaps Robin was in the Dallas, TX area looking for employment or meeting with someone from the dealership. Given the discrepancies amongst the missing dates, it's possible she changed clothing. It's also possible the blouse wasn't fully described as being striped. Robin's hair, what we can see of it in the only known pic I could find, doesn't appear to be super wavy but it does have a slight wave to it and it's long and brown (med-dark, imo). Her eyebrows are brown and appeared to have been plucked or shaped. The two heights are within one inch but there is a 40-lb weight difference and Robin is 3 years older than the estimated age range of Jane Doe. My question is who gave that description of Robin and how accurate are their "measurements"?

robin_s._marlow_1.jpg

Under Demographics NAMUS has the Estimated Postmortem Interval as 1 day. LE almost definitely had to of made a sketch of this UID.

BBM
I'm with you on this one, Otterly. I would imagine if they didn't do a composite sketch, perhaps they took pics but haven't released them to the public. I also wonder what was the cause of death.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP14786
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: July 22, 1982
Location Found: Dallas, Texas
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 30; 18-25
Estimated PMI: 1 Days

Measured Height: 5' 9"
Measured Weight: 150 lbs
Hair Color: Medium-Dark Brown;
Wavy, up to 12 inches long
Facial Hair Description: Eyebrows are dark brown and have been previously plucked, and fine hair present on the upper lip

Clothing:
"Gloria Vanderbilt" brand blue jeans and a wine colored blouse
Other Items: A business card labeled “Billy Robinson Lewisville Ford”

It is somewhat frustrating that I'm not finding anywhere yet how she may have died. Was it clearly a homicide? What was her COD? I understand that law enforcement needs to hold back some details, but to offer none about her death that I can find after all of these years is arguably irresponsible. Has anyone else been able to find any indications of this Jane Doe's COD, or even some sort of composite sketch? Do we know if her clothes were found on her or next to her? So many questions...

It is somewhat frustrating that I'm not finding anywhere yet how she may have died. Was it clearly a homicide? What was her COD? I understand that law enforcement needs to hold back some details, but to offer none about her death that I can find after all of these years is arguably irresponsible. Has anyone else been able to find any indications of this Jane Doe's COD, or even some sort of composite sketch? Do we know if her clothes were found on her or next to her? So many questions...
I haven't found a composite or any information regarding her COD. The NamUs profile shows she was clothed when found. (BBM)

Accessories - prop: bus card, billy robinson lewisville ford business card - Near the Body

Clothing - "Gloria Vanderbilt" brand blue jeans; "wine" colored blouse - On the Body

Last edited:

Robin Sherrie Marlow – The Charley Project

Robin S. Marlow disappeared from Broward County, FL on either May 13, 1982, July 28, 1982, or perhaps we can assume sometime between then and then. This UID female was located July 22, 1982 in Dallas, TX. There is a 6-day period between the second supposed missing date for Robin and the day this Jane Doe was found (assuming the July 22 date is correct). We're going backwards somewhat but with the confusion in dates and the 37-year unidentified mystery, it wouldn't surprise me if this is Robin.

Physical descriptors

Robin is 28-yo white female 5'10" 110lbs with brown hair and eyes. She was wearing a red & white striped shirt and blue jeans.

Dallas Jane Doe is a 18-25-yo white female 5'9" 150lbs. She has brown eyes and wavy, medium to dark brown long (up to 12") hair and previously plucked brown eyebrows. She was wearing blue jeans with a red blouse described in clothing section as a "wine" colored blouse. No mention of stripes. She also had a business card from a local car dealer.

I wonder if perhaps Robin was in the Dallas, TX area looking for employment or meeting with someone from the dealership. Given the discrepancies amongst the missing dates, it's possible she changed clothing. It's also possible the blouse wasn't fully described as being striped. Robin's hair, what we can see of it in the only known pic I could find, doesn't appear to be super wavy but it does have a slight wave to it and it's long and brown (med-dark, imo). Her eyebrows are brown and appeared to have been plucked or shaped. The two heights are within one inch but there is a 40-lb weight difference and Robin is 3 years older than the estimated age range of Jane Doe. My question is who gave that description of Robin and how accurate are their "measurements"?

robin_s._marlow_1.jpg

BBM
I'm with you on this one, Otterly. I would imagine if they didn't do a composite sketch, perhaps they took pics but haven't released them to the public. I also wonder what was the cause of death.

@alb1on found this photo of Robin while researching her case. I posted a link to that post below. Robin's hair looks somewhat wavy and she obviously likes (and looks great in!) wine-colored clothing. I can't tell whether her weight is closer to 110 or 150, but at 5'9" 110#, as described on her NamUs profile, it seems she'd appear to be a bit skinnier, imo. I still can't find a good reason for her to be in Dallas if these are her remains. There's just something here that makes me think she could be this Jane Doe, given all the discrepancies and uncertainties.

marvin-jpg.297283

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP14786
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: July 22, 1982
Location Found: Dallas, Texas
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 30; 18-25
Estimated PMI: 1 Days

Measured Height: 5' 9"
Measured Weight: 150 lbs
Hair Color: Medium-Dark Brown;
Wavy, up to 12 inches long
Facial Hair Description: Eyebrows are dark brown and have been previously plucked, and fine hair present on the upper lip

Clothing:
"Gloria Vanderbilt" brand blue jeans and a wine colored blouse
Other Items: A business card labeled “Billy Robinson Lewisville Ford”

Fine hair on upper lip...usually indicates Mediterranean ancestry. Rarely see this in a description of a young woman. Or did they just put this in there and it was actually just blonde fuzz which everyone has??? Who knows...don't want to pigeon hole.

Wish there was a better description. No COD...No sketch...

If she was carrying the card from the Ford dealership, she was probably local or at least employed and residing in the area. GV jeans were just coming in style and they were not cheap.

I would think this would be a solvable ID case.

Is this a dupe listing for someone who's already been ID'd perhaps? The lack of info is really strange, and she's not on TXDPS or anything else.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back