Boy drowns at YMCA pool party

That is SO sad. Gosh, you just never know when it's going to be your time or that of your loved ones.

The article said the the little boy's lungs were full of water. It also says that the lifeguard pulled him out the water immediately. I don't understand how the boy's lungs could fill up with water so fast. Can someone explain, please??

nanandjim said:
The article said the the little boy's lungs were full of water. It also says that the lifeguard pulled him out the water immediately. I don't understand how the boy's lungs could fill up with water so fast. Can someone explain, please??
That part totally confused me, too. This is one sad story. How awful for the parents.

Poor boy, its so sad.. they said he must have taken a gulp of water right when he went in, it does sound weird especially if he loved the water like his mother said, i wouldnt think that he would have a problem resurfacing to the top of it if he needed air....Poor thing, he was a cutie...

What a precious little boy. It almost makes me wonder if something else happened to him...did he hit his head? Did he suffer cardiac arrest? I think there is more to what happened to him that caused him not to resurface that hopefully an autopsy will discover. Prayers for his family. He was beautiful.

englishleigh said:
What a precious little boy. It almost makes me wonder if something else happened to him...did he hit his head? Did he suffer cardiac arrest? I think there is more to what happened to him that caused him not to resurface that hopefully an autopsy will discover. Prayers for his family. He was beautiful.
i think maybe something else happened as well....

michelle said:
i think maybe something else happened as well....
I do, too. I wondered if maybe he hit his head on the floor of the pool, or something. I don't know. It's just so sad.

How sad. Something else must have happened on his way down the slide.
Absolutely tragic.

We have a slide just like the one described at our YMCA my children love the slide.

My feeling is the YMCA, or any business for that matter, would never say "We weren't watching and don't know how long he'd been in there until someone noticed," as it's much better to say that they responded right away within whatever capacity they should have. Sadly, this is why I've never let my daughter attend pool parties without myself present, I don't care who or how many others are supposed to be watching. The poor family, how horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back