NC - Natalie Merrick, 23, pregnant, strangled, Charlotte, 19 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
York Co. deputies seek help to identify body of tattooed woman found in Fort Mill area

Tattoo1
Tattop3

FORT MILL York County investigators are asking for help in identifying a woman, believed to be in her 20s with several distinctive tattoos, whose body was found Thursday between Fort Mill and the Lancaster County line.

On the woman’s shoulder, the words “Naveed Mahmood” and a crescent moon are tattooed, police said.
The body was found south of Fort Mill, near Sugar Creek, off Dobys Bridge Road in York County, near the Lancaster County line. Neighbors described it as a “quiet” area.
The woman had several “distinctive” tattoos, Faris said.

A letter “Q” was on her right arm, with a playing card image of a spade underneath, pictures provided by the sheriff’s office show.
One the woman’s left wrist was a tattoo of a heart. On her rear right shoulder is a tattoo believed to be a cursive capital letter “H,” Faris said.
The woman was 5 feet 3 inches tall, and 130 pounds, with brown eyes. She was wearing pearl earrings and a gold necklace made by Jook and Nona that reads “Happy,” police said.
She wore two silver rings on her right hand, he said.

Wow. This one is close to me. The area she was found is mixed, with several suburban neighborhoods as well as undeveloped woods. The road she was found on is least developed in a section that’s close to the Catawba River. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was found there. Fort Mill is about 20-30 minutes with average traffic from downtown Charlotte, NC. The area she was found would be a good area to dump a body if you were coming from Charlotte since it would be risky to dump a body along I-77 or US-521 as both heavily are heavily trafficked and have a good amount of commercial development in the area, which is close to the North Carolina border.

Need%20to%20ID%20Unknown%20Female%20Dobys%20Bridge%20Rd%20FM%2010202017%20bulletin%202017-140b

FORT MILL York County deputies have still been unable to identify a woman whose body, found Thursday near Fort Mill, had several unique tattoos, despite several calls from the public.

Police received several calls about the tattoos on the woman’s body, which include a crescent moon and other identifiers, but the information has not resulted in identifying the woman, said Trent Faris, spokesman for the York County Sheriff’s Office.

“We appreciate all the information, but have not yet been able to determine who she is,” Faris said Monday morning.

Could Naveed Mahmood be a relative or spouse?

I am unsure if the Police can just start looking for people with that name in the area?

I would guess it’s a name based on quick Facebook search, it seems fairly common. The crescent moon and star appears to be the Pakistan Flag. Queen of Spades and I’m not sure on the other, doesn’t really look like an H to me. Will do some more poking around.

Edited to add: the necklace brand I hadn’t heard of but it appears to be a boutique in Manhattan?

Hiya!
Just did a quick google search and Naveed is a Persian name meaning bearer of good news. Mahmood means the praised one.

I went down a rabbit hole on Facebook. I’m pretty sure her mother has identified her. The woman has pictures of a young woman with tattoos that match including the Naveed one and the Queen of Spades on her arm.

Either that or some one went through a lot of work to photoshop.

Edited to add:
Further down the rabbit hole. Pretty sure I found her Facebook. Tatoos match. Not sure I can/should post it though.

I have two fb accounts for this UID and have her name, but two days ago local news there said she is still a mystery. if anyone wants to call her name in let me know. they prob have it but to be on the safe side.

Yes, she's been identified as N.M.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

A man was arrested Wednesday for the murder of a pregnant woman and her unborn child.

The victim’s body was discovered on the side of a road in Fort Mill on Oct. 19, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police said. An autopsy revealed the victim was pregnant, and officials used her tattoos to identify her as 23-year-old Natalie Nicholle Merrick, who was reported missing on Oct. 20, Capt. Chris Dozier said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article180767561.html

A man was arrested Wednesday for the murder of a pregnant woman and her unborn child.

The victim’s body was discovered on the side of a road in Fort Mill on Oct. 19, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police said. An autopsy revealed the victim was pregnant, and officials used her tattoos to identify her as 23-year-old Natalie Nicholle Merrick, who was reported missing on Oct. 20, Capt. Chris Dozier said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article180767561.html

So evil! Murdered along with her unborn child! :tantrum:

RIP Natalie and baby :rose: :rose:

So sad, I’m glad they finally gave her a name. I feel so bad for her family. It almost felt like they found out via Facebook. Not positive it happened that way but just a feeling.Awful to find out she was pregnant. Hopefully justice will be served.

I think the tattoo was her older child's name [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288