Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.24.17 - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

ADMIN WARNING: RE PAYWALL SITES

Under copyright law, any members who are signing up for a paid subscription to ABro's @TrialLive or her Patreon account (or any other subscription service) are NOT legally allowed to bring any information they obtain through those accounts over to Websleuths.

Subscribing members may not pass the information to other members and have those third parties post the information here.

Information that you post at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

Here are the Twitter accounts I'm watching: some of these people (like Austin Delaney) just don't tweet much but I have them in the list in case they tweet a link to a news article.

@TrialLive has been tweeting since 8:30 AM but I can't share that because it is by subscription. If you are looking for a play by play this is the feed you want though.

Adrian Humphries, National Post, @AD_Humphreys
Ann Brocklehurst, Dark Ambition, @AnnB03
Austin Delaney, CTV, @AustinCTV
Caryn Lieberman‏, Global,@caryn_lieberman
Liam Casey, Canadian Press, @liamdevlincasey
Lisa Hepfner, CHCH, @HefCHCHNews
Live Trial Coverage, http://www.patreon.com/AnnBrocklehurst, @TrialLive
Michel Mandel, Toronto Sun, @MandelSun
Rosie DiManno, Toronto Star, @RDiManno
Shannon Martin,CBC TV,‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Trevor Dunn, CBC Toronto,@trevorjdunn
Cristina Tenaglia, CP24, @cristina_CP24
Marianne Boucher, http://www.courtsillustrated.com, @CityCourtsTO

Good morning everyone, saddled in for Day 2.. Praying for strength for the Babcock family!

I wonder if during this trial we will hear from Big Iisho my gut tells me he knows more than what was given in texts during the last trial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Humphreys‏ @AD_Humphreys
My story on the opening day of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich's murder trial for death of Laura Babcock: http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ning-father-of-woman-he-is-accused-of-killing … #crime #law

Liam Casey‏ @liamdevlincasey
I’m back at Laura Babcock’s murder trial. Wrote nearly 10,000 words of notes yesterday. Here’s @trevorjdunn’s take:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-self-representation-1.4368327

Liam Casey‏ @liamdevlincasey
Here’s @AD_Humphreys on Laura Babcock’s dad being cross examined by Dellen Millard, one of the accused killers
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ning-father-of-woman-he-is-accused-of-killing

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Day 2 #Babcock trial. I'll be tweeting. Sorry if I don't sign off; it's a rush to get day's evidence into 1.5 mins w pics by 6pm @CHCHNews

I wonder if during this trial we will hear from Big Iisho my gut tells me he knows more than what was given in texts during the last trial

Did he not plead guilty to selling DM 3 guns? Hopefully the timeline for those sales are presented in this trial.

Caryn Lieberman‏ @caryn_lieberman
Not quite as busy in the courtroom today as Dellen #Millard gets set to cross examine the former boyfriend of Laura Babcock.

Trial shd start with #Millard's cross-exam of Shawn Lerner; Laura #Babcock's ex who was suspicious that her last 8 calls went to Millard.

Yesterday we heard #Millard cross-examine Laura Babcock's father. Clayton #Babcock never got angry, only emotional about his loss.

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03
Smich's mother is in court today. No sign of Millard's mother. Friends of his were here yesterday

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Good morning from courtroom 2-7 where day two of the Laura Babcock murder trial is about to begin.

ICYMI: http://www.chch.com/laura-babcock-murder-trial/ … story from day 1 @CHCHNews

Hope DM had a sleepless night, worrying about the cross-exam of SL this morning!

Trevor Dunn‏ @trevorjdunn
Day 2 of the Laura Babcock murder trial has begun. Her former boyfriend Shawn Lerner will now be cross-examined by the defence. Millard 1st.

IN DEPTH: Why is an accused killer questioning the father of his alleged victim in court? Because he can
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-self-representation-1.4368327

Cristina Tenaglia‏ @cristina_CP24
Trial for #Millard/Smich in murder of Laura Babcock continues today. Begins w accused Millard cross-examining Babcock's ex-bf Shawn Lerner.

I'm at city hall for Mayor Tory's executive committee meeting today. The mayor said before the meeting he's asking the feds for an...

...extension on the $856 million transit funding the fed. govt provided...that was allocated to be spent within two years.

We have lost Cristina Tenaglia :(

Not quite as busy in the courtroom today as Dellen #Millard gets set to cross examine the former boyfriend of Laura Babcock.

Trial shd start with #Millard's cross-exam of Shawn Lerner; Laura #Babcock's ex who was suspicious that her last 8 calls went to Millard.

Yesterday we heard #Millard cross-examine Laura Babcock's father. Clayton #Babcock never got angry, only emotional about his loss.

Smich's mother is in court today. No sign of Millard's mother. Friends of his were here yesterday

Good morning from courtroom 2-7 where day two of the Laura Babcock murder trial is about to begin.

ICYMI: http://www.chch.com/laura-babcock-murder-trial/ … story from day 1 @CHCHNews

BBM

Friends of DM? He has friends? Or is that tweet poorly worded and she meant Smich (who I would be surprised to learn has friends too)?

I would also like to know if CN's phone ever pinged from towers near the Barn between July 4th and July 23rd. The time frame when it is assumed LB's body was stored.

I know she conveniently lost her phone, but ping records for it may have still been available.

BBM

Friends of DM? He has friends? Or is that tweet poorly worded and she meant Smich (who I would be surprised to learn has friends too)?

Ha, I thought the same thing. Uh, @AnnB03 covers more of that on @TrialLive but I guess I can clarify that yes, it was DM not MS who had friends in court yesterday.

Court is scheduled to begin everyday at 10 a.m. but some legal arguments are happening. Once the jury arrives, we can begin tweeting.

Court is scheduled to begin everyday at 10 a.m. but some legal arguments are happening. Once the jury arrives, we can begin tweeting.
Here we go again... DM using any excuse in the book to delay...

Legal arguments right now. Trial will resume shortly with Shawn Lerner.

Detailed coverage at @TrialLive for Patreon subscribers

It's again standing room only. Laura Babcock's parents sit in front row. Dad Clayton was 1st witness on the stand, questioned by Millard.

DM6NJDeWkAEN45g.jpg

Courtroom has filled up. A dozen or so people standing. #Millard to cross examine Shawn Lerner shortly.

Court sketches done by talented artist Pam Davies. This is co-accused Millard (glasses), Smith, Justice Michael Code and Crown Jill Cameron

View attachment 125340

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members