Canada - Dr. Cindy McCormick, 52, slain in murder-suicide, Alberta, Oct 2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/cindy-mccormick-bob-kaine-saint-john-banff-1.4368795
By Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon, Oct 25, 2017 6:49 AM AT

cindy-mccormick-robert-bobby-kaine.png
Saint John dentist Cindy McCormick and firefighter Robert (Bobby) Kaine have died. (Bayside Dental Clinic/IAFF Local 771)
Dentist Cindy McCormick was attending a dental convention in Lake Louise.

Her romantic partner, Robert (Bobby) Kaine, a firefighter and hockey player, also went to Alberta to visit his son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren.

No details about the circumstances of the two deaths have been released, and police have not linked them to the discovery of two bodies out west on Sunday.

RCMP in Lake Louise said they are investigating a homicide after a woman was found dead in her hotel room on Sunday afternoon, but the identity of the woman has not been confirmed.
Investigators from the major crimes unit have collected sufficient evidence to determine the woman's death is related to the death of a 52-year-old New Brunswick man whose body was found in a vehicle west of Lake Louise on the same day, Cpl. Curtis Peters said in a statement Tuesday night.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3824085/dentist-firefighter-found-dead/
Hours after the body of a murdered Saint John, N.B., woman was found in a room at the Chateau Lake Louise, a man from the same Maritime city was found dead in a car about a half hour’s drive away.

Investigators say their deaths are related.

The woman, whose body was found in a hotel room on Sunday just before 3 p.m., has been identified on social media and by local news outlets as Saint John dentist Cindy McCormick, who was attending a dental conference at the hotel over the weekend.

The Alberta RCMP major crimes unit and Lake Louise Mounties are investigating, and have deemed her death a homicide.

Just before midnight the same day, Mounties in B.C. were called to Emerald Lake Road, a short drive west from the hotel, where a man’s body was found inside a 2018 silver Hyundai Elantra.

He has since been identified as Saint John firefighter Robert Kaine. Investigators said the 52-year-old’s death is classified as non-criminal but wouldn’t confirm if he took his own life.

The pair was reportedly in a romantic relationship together.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...-bobby-kaine-saint-john-lake-louise-1.4371534
[h=1]Victim in Lake Louise hotel homicide still unidentified, say RCMP[/h]
[h=3]Police have not confirmed whether woman found dead on Sunday was Saint John dentist Cindy McCormick[/h] By Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon, CBC News Posted: Oct 25, 2017 6:37 PM

RCMP have still not confirmed whether the body of a woman found killed in a Lake Louise hotel room on Sunday afternoon was that of Saint John dentist Cindy McCormick, or whether the body of a man found in a car near the Alberta-B.C. border the same day was that of her partner, firefighter Robert (Bobby) Kaine.

"We're still waiting for a positive identification of the female," Sgt. Jack Poitras, manager of media relations for the RCMP in Alberta, told CBC News on Wednesday afternoon.
But police have confirmed the 52-year-old New Brunswick man found in a silver 2018 Hyundai Elantra on Emerald Lake Road at 11:59 a.m. MST is the sole suspect in the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise death, which has been deemed a homicide.
Poitras could not say why investigators believe the man was responsible for the woman's death, the cause of either death, or what if any weapons were involved.

"It's still early on in the investigation," he said.
[h=2]Condition of body not released[/h] ​Poitras also could not say whether the condition of the victim's body is making identification difficult. Identification is normally done by the medical examiner during the autopsy and "that wasn't conclusive."
It's unclear whether police will be using dental records, fingerprints or some other type of tests to identify the woman, or how much longer it might take.
[h=2]Fire union's tribute deleted[/h] The Saint John fire union had announced Kaine's death on Facebook on Monday, offering "thoughts and prayers" to the veteran firefighter's friends and co-workers, but the post has since been removed.

Flags at local fire stations were no longer at half-mast on Wednesday either.

This is a local case for me. Sad. Sad. Sad. And the implications are scary.

Not identifiable? What on earth did he do to her?

Flags no longer at half mast at fire stations, and 'condolence' posts deleted----that is very revealing. :rose: :rose:

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/10/25/22760898.html
New Brunswick dentist Cindy McCormick was a fearless, vibrant woman, known as much for belting out karaoke tunes as for constantly changing her colourful hairstyles.

She was even a contestant on the reality television series “Wipeout Canada” in 2011.

RCMP said her body was discovered Sunday afternoon in a room at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in the mountain resort community.
The pair, both divorced, started dating a few years ago and had moved in together, said Sydor. McCormick, owner of Bayside Dental Clinic, had two teenagers and Kaine had a grown son and grandchildren. They both grew up in the town of Nackawic, N.B.

Sydor of White Rock, B.C., was raised in Nackawic as well and knows both families. Kaine took her sons camping last summer and they adored him.

“It seemed like a good match. It really did,” said Sydor, who last saw the couple at a wedding in northern Alberta in September. She said her 46-year-old friend had streaks of pink and blue her in blond hair and looked happy.

“What I saw was a couple enjoying life.”

She said she was shocked to learn Kaine and McCormick were dead. She wasn’t aware that the couple had problems.
She never told me anything and she tells me everything,” Sydor said. McCormick had invited her to join the couple in Lake Louise but she chose not to go, she added
rbbm.

Gordon said police have confirmed to McCormick's family she was the woman whose body was discovered in a hotel room in Lake Louise on Sunday, and they believe it was a murder-suicide.
McCormick, a 46-year-old mother of two, died from multiple blunt force trauma, and her boyfriend, Saint John firefighter Robert (Bobby) Kaine, is the only suspect, according to Gordon, speaking on behalf of the family.

Hindsight is 20-20," said Gordon, who described Kaine as "clingy," "controlling," "almost obsessive."
"There were little hints of things that weren't right, but [McCormick] kept telling us that she was happy, and so you go with that.
"I wish that when I noticed things that weren't right that I had spoke out."
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/apos-never-not-speak-again-203413362.html

Very sad. I'm sure this fun-loving, independent woman never imagined her possessive, controlling partner could turn so violent.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but that sounds a little bit like blaming the victim. This was not her fault no matter what he was like leading up to this.

No, she's in no way to blame. I think society as a whole, as well as individuals, overlook and excuse various forms of controlling behaviour, and don't name it for what it is, abuse.

When people think of domestic abuse, they often focus on domestic violence. But domestic abuse occurs whenever one person in an intimate relationship or marriage tries to dominate and control the other person.

Domestic violence and abuse are used for one purpose and one purpose only: to gain and maintain total control over you. An abuser doesn’t “play fair.” Abusers use fear, guilt, shame, and intimidation to wear you down and keep you under his or her thumb. Domestic abuse often escalates from threats and verbal abuse to violence
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/domestic-violence-and-abuse.htm

I would like to see a world where controlling behaviour is unacceptable, it's not love, it's not okay.

No, she's in no way to blame. I think society as a whole, as well as individuals, overlook and excuse various forms of controlling behaviour, and don't name it for what it is, abuse.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/domestic-violence-and-abuse.htm

I would like to see a world where controlling behaviour is unacceptable, it's not love, it's not okay.

Thank you.

Yes, many people think jealousy and possessiveness are about love or insecurity when they are about control.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...rder-suicide-saint-john-lake-louise-1.4372854
He started off very carefree — 'I've known her all my life so I'm going to accept her for who she is.'" There were signs, though, that that he "couldn't … let her just be herself and do as she pleased, you know?"

[h=2]Argument about dancing[/h] Gordon said she witnessed "a spat" between the couple at her son's wedding in Mactaquac, N.B., two weeks before McCormick's death.

Kaine was "really upset" about McCormick's dancing.

"She's a crazy dancer," Gordon said laughing, still referring to her friend in the present tense. "She wasn't being inappropriate."

She was "just being silly," said Gordon. "Every time we went somewhere, she had a new move."

"She loved to have fun. She was the life of the party."

McCormick had told Kaine to leave her alone, that she was having fun, said Gordon.
She "looked at me and my friend and said, 'If it doesn't stop, it's going to be done, that's it.'"
The funeral details haven't been finalized because of the police investigation. McCormick's family doesn't know when her body will be returned to Saint John.

But several of McCormick's friends are planning to dye their hair pink or purple or other bright colours for the funeral in honour of her ever-changing hair colour.
https://www.pinterest.ca/shoults4/help-stop-domestic-violence/
attachment.php

Attachments

• 3ef5d99219577c62c2c7938fc7d5005f--the-color-purple-purple-rain.jpg
    3ef5d99219577c62c2c7938fc7d5005f--the-color-purple-purple-rain.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 72
💜

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Police close investigation into death of Saint John dentist

Police in western Canada have now confirmed the woman who was killed at Lake Louise, Alta., last weekend was Saint John dentist Cindy McCormick. They also say her boyfriend is the only suspect, and he is also dead.

In Alberta, police say her body was found Sunday in a Chateau Lake Lousie hotel room. Police say she was murdered.

Officers found the body of a 52-year-old New Brunswick man in a car not far away from the scene. Friends say McCormick was attending a dental conference at the resort with her partner, Bob Kaine.

Candlelight vigil held for beloved Saint John dentist
She’s described as funny and fearless by friends and colleagues - they say the situation has been difficult to come to terms with.

“Because of this, we really need to stop being silent,” says McCormick’s friend, Erica Grutzner. “We need to talk to our friends.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back