Kidman dumps 'wild' Urban

aussieblue

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was hoping these 2 would make it.
His old girlfriend never misses an opportunity to have a dig at him does she. You can hear her smiling/grinning in her comments (does that makes sense :confused: )

SNIPPETS....

Australia's hottest showbiz romance is reportedly on the rocks with news actor Nicole Kidman has dumped her country singer fiance Keith Urban because he has "not turned his back on his wild ways".

Urban, a former alcoholic and crack cocaine addict with a reputation as a womaniser, is said to be "devastated" by the split, Britain's Mail On Sunday reports.

The paper quoted a friend saying: "Everything seemed to be going fine, but then she heard stories that Keith had not totally turned his back on his wild ways.

"Nicole told Keith she needed space to think and had to break off their engagement.

One who predicted trouble is veterinary assistant Laura Sigler, 35, who was Urban's girlfriend for eight years.

"I knew it wouldn't last," the Mail on Sunday quoted Ms Sigler as saying. "He had numerous flings while we were together.

"He talks about wanting a family, but there is a dark side to him.

"He was a drunk and a drug user. He has an addict's personality and always wants more. I'm not sure any one woman can make him happy."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=82496

~aussieblue

oh man, i didnt know all that about him......

I didnt either, didnt know much about him at all, was just happy Nic seemed happy lol
I hope they work it out, they have alot in common.

It's possible people can change. I hadn't heard of him doing all that now. She hadn't heard the rumors when she started dating him?

That's sad. I think his ex-girlfriend should keep her blabby mouth shut.

Marthatex said:
It's possible people can change. I hadn't heard of him doing all that now. She hadn't heard the rumors when she started dating him?

I do too. She sounds like the kind of woman that doesn't want him...but doesn't want anyone else to have him either. I would never say anything like that about my ex, even if it was true. I mean, complain to your friends, but don't say something like that, knowing it was going to be put in the media. :confused:

eeeeeeeeeewwwww..... crack addict?? yuck!
at least his ex was honest about him... that's kind of funny what she said, kind of cuts through all the romantic BS that people build up around celebrities....!

Marthatex said:

I agree Martha.

His drug addiction was several years ago and he has given interview after interview about what he went through. That part of his life has been over for a long time.

As for the ex, he dumped her when his career starting taking off (for whatever reason). She has always come across as bitter in interviews regarding him and I would not put much stock in anything she has to say about him. She's not exactly unbiased.

On he and Nicole - as one who loves his music and has followed his career for quite some time, I truly hope they are able to work things out. Both he and Nicole deserve to be happy.

Jules said:
I agree Martha.

His drug addiction was several years ago and he has given interview after interview about what he went through. That part of his life has been over for a long time.

As for the ex, he dumped her when his career starting taking off (for whatever reason). She has always come across as bitter in interviews regarding him and I would not put much stock in anything she has to say about him. She's not exactly unbiased.

On he and Nicole - as one who loves his music and has followed his career for quite some time, I truly hope they are able to work things out. Both he and Nicole deserve to be happy.
It does sound like his girlfriend has an ax to grind. I wonder if he was "a drunk and drug addict" when the two were together. Perhaps, he ended their relationship when he became sober. :) That certainly would make a girl bitter!

In any case, I hope that they can work out their differences, too. I can well imagine that Nicole is a little gun shy and wants to make sure that she doesn't make another mistake.

nanandjim said:
It does sound like his girlfriend has an ax to grind. I wonder if he was "a drunk and drug addict" when the two were together. Perhaps, he ended their relationship when he became sober. :) That certainly would make a girl bitter!

In any case, I hope that they can work out their differences, too. I can well imagine that Nicole is a little gun shy and wants to make sure that she doesn't make another mistake.

Yes, he was a user when they were together. I never have heard a definite from my sources as to why exactly he broke off their relationship. That would definitely make sense.

Yes, definitely an axe to grind.

Unfortunately so many musicians seem to get mixed up in the drug scene. Many have declined and died from it.

But look at Johnny Cash, how June Carter inspired him, stayed by him and I guess he finally reformed and was so devoted to her.

However, I definitely wouldn't want to get involved with someone who was still an addict and showed signs they were not going to quit. Unfaithfulness I would not put up with either.

Jude Law I would definitely kick out. Keith Urban, though, maybe give him a second chance. He's very cute indeed.

Jules said:
I never have heard a definite from my sources as to why exactly he broke off their relationship.

Are you sure he's the one who broke off the relationship? I believe I've read that she initiated the break-up. Who knows.

Marthatex said:
Yes, definitely an axe to grind.

Unfortunately so many musicians seem to get mixed up in the drug scene. Many have declined and died from it.

But look at Johnny Cash, how June Carter inspired him, stayed by him and I guess he finally reformed and was so devoted to her.

However, I definitely wouldn't want to get involved with someone who was still an addict and showed signs they were not going to quit. Unfaithfulness I would not put up with either.

Jude Law I would definitely kick out. Keith Urban, though, maybe give him a second chance. He's very cute indeed.
oh Jude Law would have to go, he is sexy and all but doing it with the nanny, huh uh, he would be GONE...

carnation said:
Are you sure he's the one who broke off the relationship? I believe I've read that she initiated the break-up. Who knows.

Obviously I'm not one in his inner circle, but I do remember them splitting up a few times toward the end of their relationship. Perhaps one did it one time, the other another time. As you said, who knows. I do find it in poor taste for her to run her mouth about him every chance she gets. Supposedly she is now married with kids. You'd think it'd be time to let the past go.

carnation said:
Jules was talking about the breakup between his ex-girlfriend from years ago, the one that bad-mouthed him to the press. :)

If he's drinking, drugging and womanizing, she needs to ditch him and fast. She's past the age where she needs to deal with a "fixer upper" and she's got kids that don't need to be involved with anyone like that. Obviously if all of this is true, she broke up with him based on more than rumors. After what she's been though with Tom, I think she should wait for a decent guy and not invite more trouble into her life with an unstable jerk.

Marthatex said:

:eek: I think he is soooooo SEXY... kick him in my direction, I'll take him on.. hehe :D

Jeana (DP) said:
If he's drinking, drugging and womanizing, she needs to ditch him and fast. She's past the age where she needs to deal with a "fixer upper" and she's got kids that don't need to be involved with anyone like that. Obviously if all of this is true, she broke up with him based on more than rumors. After what she's been though with Tom, I think she should wait for a decent guy and not invite more trouble into her life with an unstable jerk.

What she said! :nods wisely:

"Jimmy Carter," the gossip columnist who shares on our local country station, said that he has heard from several sources that Urban and Kidman were together this weekend at the cinema in Greenville. He offered this after mentioning the article addressed above. So, who knows?
I was hoping Nicole's taste had improved since Tommy boy.

narlacat, I'm just curious, what things do NK and KU have in common?

Seems the romance may be back on:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=64430

Honestly, I don't even know who Keith Urban is other than another country singer but, I don't think Nick is the type to put up with any crap so, if he two timing her with that monkey on his back, it'll will never last.

I just wish her well. I really felt for her after Tom walked out and I just hope that Katie Holmes is mature enough to see there seems to be a pattern of his leaving one for another. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

And just for the record, I don't believe claims by Brad and Anjelie that there was nothing going on while he was still with Jen - unless theri definition of "with" differs from mine. Married is married and you don't step out on your spouse unless there is a formal separation! Egads, am I a prude.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back