Resolved MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

Nina Michigan

Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan
Reaction score
Kimberly Sue Louiselle was last seen on 8 Mile Road near Merriman (either Livonia or Farmington Hills depending which side of 8 mile she was on). She was hitching a ride back to her home in Green Oak Twp near 8 Mile and Rushton.

When she didn't arrive home her parents reported her missing. Because she had a history of running away police did not treat her disappearance as suspicious.

On April 14, 1982 her nude body was found near the Island Lake Recreation area in Brighton - close to Grand River Ave at Kensington Rd.

No one has ever been arrested or charged in her murder.

Attachments

• Louiselle.jpg
    Louiselle.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 91
Seems like this case could be linked to the murder of Christina Castiglione, she was found in the Oak Grove State Game Area in Livingston County, 10 days after she was last seen in the area of Beech Day and 5 Mile roads in Redford. She had been sexually assaulted and strangled.

Detroit Free Press Story - 2015

Kimberly Louiselle, who was 16 years old, was hitchhiking home from Redford when she disappeared in 1982.
Her body was found on state land at the Island Lake Recreation Area in Green Oak Township and she had also been sexually assaulted and murdered.
Louiselle was last seen alive by her boyfriend's brother, who dropped her off at the corner of 8 Mile and Merriman in Livonia on March 21, 1982.

Seems like this case could be linked to the murder of Christina Castiglione, she was found in the Oak Grove State Game Area in Livingston County, 10 days after she was last seen in the area of Beech Day and 5 Mile roads in Redford. She had been sexually assaulted and strangled.
This is going to test my memory...I know there was a young woman whose throat was cut and who was left for dead (but who survived) at a park in Brighton, probably in the '70s but possibly in the early 80's. I'm certain that the last name was Murphy, but I don't remember the first name. Maybe someone who is much better at research than I am can find a record of the attack.

Kimberly was 16, not 14.

Considering the brutality of the crimes, I'd be looking for similarities to other cases. How often does someone commit a crime like this just once and then quit?

One year later March 1983

Christina Castiglione's body was found in the Oak Grove State Game Area in Livingston County, 10 days after she was last seen in the area of Beech Day and 5 Mile roads in Redford. She had been sexually assaulted and strangled.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2015/04/09/christina-castiglione-cold-case-murder-redford/25508143/

Here is another newspaper clipping I found about Kimberly. I think the things that are very strange is the fact that Kimberly was hich hiking just a mile or two from where Christina was. Also the date March 19th and 20th, just a year apart.

image.jpg

For whatever reason, cold cases like these make me more fearful and careful than ones that have happened only recently. I wish I knew why. I feel a tremendous sadness and at the same time a very eerie and creepy feeling. I hope that the families and friends of these two innocent girls, Kimberly Louiselle and Christina Castiglione, can one day find peace if they have not in the days since their tragic deaths. I don't know if I ever could if I were in their shoes. I wish them all the best and hope they know that I'm thinking of them tonight.

Here is another newspaper clipping I found about Kimberly. I think the things that are very strange is the fact that Kimberly was hich hiking just a mile or two from where Christina was. Also the date March 19th and 20th, just a year apart.

View attachment 128837
I agree, there is likely a connection.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I agree, there is likely a connection.

YES! IF Christina was at 5-mile and Pamona Dr. in Redford, and Kimberly was in Brightmoore, then that would have put her just about a half mile east of Telegrahph on 5-mile. Which amounts to about a mile east of where Christina was.

YES! IF Christina was at 5-mile and Pamona Dr. in Redford, and Kimberly was in Brightmoore, then that would have put her just about a half mile east of Telegrahph on 5-mile. Which amounts to about a mile east of where Christina was.
I know coincidences happen, but the similarities and close distance... I really hope LE is going to look deeper into this... [emoji53]

Apparently there is DNA in Christina's case, but from what I read, the DNA in Kimberly's case was contaminated.

I do not believe the two knew each other. Christina was 19, and recently graduated from Redford Unoun High School. She was a native to Redford TWP.

Kimberly was 16, and from what I read, lived in Westland MI, and recently moved to South Lyon with her family. She would come to the Redford/Brightmoore area to visit her boyfriend who I think may have lived in Redford for a short time before moving with his family to Brightmoore.

The two were abducted one year a part -1 one day in March. But I believe they were both last seen hich hiking about a half mile apart. I know Christina was on 5-mile, but I'm just guessing that Kimberly would have been on 5-mile because it is the main road that runs though Brightmoore TWP.

attachment.php

Photo of Kim

Attachments

• louiselle candid.jpg
    louiselle candid.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 439

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics