Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Sherin Mathews, age 3 was reported missing on October 7, 2017 sometime after 8 am.

Sherin is 3 feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Last seen around 3am in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson Texas, around 3 a.m. Last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

Her father told police he last saw her at around 3 am when he instructed her to stand by a tree about a 100 feet from her residence/property across an alley way as punishment for not drinking her milk. He claims when he went to fetch her back in around 15 minutes later she was nowhere to be found. He told them he decided to do some laundry and wait until daylight to look for her further.

Some links with decent synopsis/information

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#2)
Previous Thread (#3)
Previous Thread (#4)
Previous Thread (#5)

ADMIN NOTE:

Mom has not been named suspect or POI by LE nor has she been charged with any crime. Parents have retained counsel and parents are said to be no longer speaking with police:
Sherin’s parents are no longer speaking with police and have retained attorneys, Perlich said. Sherin’s mother was asleep when Mathews told Sherin to go stand outside and wasn’t aware that he’d given her daughter those instructions, Perlich said. [Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-then-she-disappeared/?utm_term=.f421b032c631

You MAY discuss anything in MSM about mother, her public statements or public statements made on her behalf.

You MAY NOT sleuth her, accuse her of harming her child(ren), covering for someone else, etc.

You WILL treat her as a victim as required by TOS.

You may NOT make this discussion about religion or patriarchal cultures. Period.

If you chose to post in a manner outside the rules you face losing posting privileges.

THE LATEST:
The couple went before a judge, along with officials from Texas Child Protective Services (CPS), concerning the custody of their 4-year-old biological child. CPS removed the little girl from the home and placed her in foster care just days after Sherin disappeared.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/mom-missing-girl-court-officials-id-body-found/

The father of a 3-year-old Texas girl missing since Oct. 7 told police that he watched his daughter choke on milk and die, then removed her body from the home, according to an arrest affidavit.

Affidavit

Body found in Richardson confirmed as missing 3-year-old Sherin Mathews

He force fed her (milk) , at 3:00 am, in the garage, possibly inside a vehicle, (that was initially missing?) away from the sleeping mother. She was coughing and then stopped breathing.

DNA and hair like fibers, collected from the Acura MDX from where? The front seat? floor mats? ...
Got it! I am beyond disgusted!!!!

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...chardson-missing-girl-investigation/484289189

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...richardson-girl-turns-dna-swabs-floor-mat-suv

"In another search warrant for the family's 2013 Acura MDX, detectives collected a floor mat, DNA swabs and a USB drive."

Seized from Acura MDX

"Floor mat
DNA swabs
USB drive
Interior sunroof slide cover
Seat belt
Cabin air filter
Radio module
Display monitor"

Seized from family’s Lexus

"Costco receipt dated Oct. 5, 2017
Driver’s side floormat
5 DNA swabs from pedals, steering wheel, gear shift, driver controls"

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Texas Penal Code 22.04, F/1 reads as follows:
Texas Penal Code- Assaultive Offenses
Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL.
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual:
(1) serious bodily injury;
(2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or
(3) bodily injury.
(f) An offense under Subsection (a)(3) or (a-1)(3) is a felony of the third degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly, except that an offense under Subsection (a)(3) is a felony of the second degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly and the victim is a disabled individual residing in a center, as defined by Section 555.001, Health and Safety Code, or in a facility licensed under Chapter 252, Health and Safety Code, and the actor is an employee of the center or facility whose employment involved providing direct care for the victim. When the conduct is engaged in recklessly, the offense is a state jail felony.

Good Morning. Continue discussion.

Caregiver of Indian girl found dead in Texas wants answers

The child was already eating solid food and drinking milk from a cup when she left the orphanage, Kumari remembers. She said Sherin squinted in one eye, but otherwise had nothing wrong with her when Mathews and his wife Sini Mathews adopted her in June 2016.

"Why did they have to make her eat or drink anything at that hour? Why was he forcing her?" Kumari asked. "If someone is forcing a drink into the mouth of someone who is crying and sobbing, then even an adult can choke."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...oddler-found-dead-texas-seeks-answer-50755143

The child was already eating solid food and drinking milk from a cup when she left the orphanage, Kumari remembers. She said Sherin squinted in one eye, but otherwise had nothing wrong with her when Mathews and his wife Sini Mathews adopted her in June 2016.

"Why did they have to make her eat or drink anything at that hour? Why was he forcing her?" Kumari asked. "If someone is forcing a drink into the mouth of someone who is crying and sobbing, then even an adult can choke."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...oddler-found-dead-texas-seeks-answer-50755143

"Look at the photos of the child. Does she look malnourished?" Kumari said during a Thursday evening phone interview with The Associated Press.

"I have so many questions about what happened to her," Kumari said.

The girl, then named Saraswati, after the Hindu goddess of wisdom, was a happy, cheerful child who made everyone smile at the orphanage.

"We loved her laughter," Kumari said. "She was a smart child."

I can feel the anger, upset and hurt just reading that :(

K-9 Handlers Who Found Sherin Mathews Share Their Story

~snip
Sunday, five pairs of volunteers and dogs from MARK9 responded to another request from Richardson police to search for Sherin again. Searchers say the weather conditions were ideal. Overnight rain along with a breezy and humid morning helped dogs pick up the scent.

One K-9 led her handler to a field north of the Mathews home and eventually to the culvert where investigators found the small child's body.

"She started doing it from a long way off, and it wasn't an area she was supposed to be looking in, but that's how it concluded," said Seevers, of the K-9's path. "She found her way there. One of the things we have to do is we have to believe in them and she took us there."
~snip

More at link:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/K-...?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand#ixzz4wiL5aNCb

Just staying up to date.

Reading , watching for new information , trying hard not to speculate ( which is not possible ) and praying for justice for this precious child ...

This is what I don’t get either, she left the orphanage eating and drinking normally and then this... It just doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I don’t get either, she left the orphanage eating and drinking normally and then this... It just doesn’t make sense.

:yeahthat:

It is like the prior caregivers of Sherin know its a bald face lie about her having to be forced to drink her milk.

So, IMOO, she had no problems drinking any fluids, and I dont think she had any problems eating either. Although petite she was very filled out overall.

I think the entire 'she didn't want to drink her milk' is another lie to cover up what was actually being done to Sherin. Imo, she wasn't in that garage being forced to drink her milk. He had her there because it would be out of range for anyone to hear or see what was really happening to Sherin.

JMO

Where I'm from expecting parents are offered classes that teach them first aid they may need to implement in emergency situations, such as CPR and the baby heimlich, and most first time parents take them. Are these also offered in the US, specifically in Texas? I know mum would have been able to provide treatment to Sherin, but I'm wondering if dad would have also had the skills to try and help her?

Unless something was going on in the home that caused her to develop an eating disorder. Maybe someone familiar with what those possibilities could be, could speak to that.

Not trying to defend anyone, but it's certainly possible that things could have changed in a the year or so since she was adopted. Maybe she was stressed about the big change in her life, maybe other trauma started to show up in her behavior. I don't necessarily think it's impossible that she developed some kind of 'feeding' issue in the last year.

One thing that’s been bothering me is the report that this sweet girl had eating problems while in the home yet was fine outside of it.

This is weird, to be honest. I’ve dealt with children and eating issues due to employment at a daycare-preschool. When a child had food issues it was 24/7. It didn’t go away due to location UNLESS it was a mental issue.

I can’t help thinking that food was used as a punishment for little Sherin or that she regarded food in the home as “bad”. Meaning was she given food after abuse, or abused then given food?

She probably wouldn’t have that fear outside of the home, she would have felt safe and had no issues eating.

I think entire 'she didn't want to drink her milk' is another lie to cover up what was actually being done to Sherin. Imo, she wasn't in that garage being forced to drink her milk. He had her there because it would be out of range for anyone to hear or see what was really happening to Sherin.

JMO
This makes me sick to my stomach (bold by me).

Where I'm from expecting parents are offered classes that teach them first aid they may need to implement in emergency situations, such as CPR and the baby heimlich, and most first time parents take them. Are these also offered in the US, specifically in Texas? I know mum would have been able to provide treatment to Sherin, but I'm wondering if dad would have also had the skills to try and help her?

Yes, most hospitals offer them to first-time parents.

One thing that’s been bothering me is the report that this sweet girl had eating problems while in the home yet was fine outside of it.

This is weird, to be honest. I’ve dealt with children and eating issues due to employment at a daycare-preschool. When a child had food issues it was 24/7. It didn’t go away due to location UNLESS it was a mental issue.

I can’t help thinking that food was used as a punishment for little Sherin or that she regarded food in the home as “bad”. Meaning was she given food after abuse, or abused then given food?

She probably wouldn’t have that fear outside of the home, she would have felt safe and had no issues eating.

Or something was happening to her that was bothering her throat or stomach, making it unpleasant or painful to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain