Found Deceased UK - Matthew Gill, 43, Stourbridge, 6 Oct 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Matthew Gill has been missing for more than two weeks since leaving home for work on Friday, October 6. There have been no confirmed sightings of the 43-year-old since.

Officers have today issued a further appeal after it was discovered that Matthew's phone was switched on during the evening of Thursday, October 19. The device was switched on somewhere in the Stourton area of Staffordshire and was left on for several hours. No calls were made or received. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini with a distinctive Rocky Balboa phone cover.

Police had previously found Matthew's car , a silver Smart Roadster, in a car park off the A449 in Stourton just three days after his disappearance.

Matthew is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall and of medium build. He would have had short cropped hair at the time of his disappearance and was believed to have been wearing a blue Superdry T-Shirt.

MISPER-Matthew-Gill.jpg

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/matthew-gill-police-new-appeal-13802669

Do you know if there was anything going on in his life that could have caused him to want to have a bit of time away? The fact he's been possibly sighted a few times, plus his phone going on, makes me think perhaps he is okay, but wanted a break from his usual life.

Maybe the phone was a deliberate signal that he wanted picked up by LE to pass on 'I am alive and okay' or something similar? Odd how it was switched on, but he didn't receive any calls or texts. Though I imagine that he still could have used an internet-based instant messaging app like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc...

Very close to me so have been following closely.

Pretty local to me as well, though I hadn't come across the case until this evening.

It's possible he wanted or needed to get away for a while. On the other hand it's possible something was going on that caused other persons to harm him.

I doubt he's actually IN the canal as they're only about 6' deep and he'd almost certainly have come to the surface before now. His body, if he's come to grief, might be in undergrowth close to the towpath but even out of season towpaths are well used by [dog-]walkers and runners so I suspect a body would have made its presence known before now.

Pretty local to me as well, though I hadn't come across the case until this evening.

It's possible he wanted or needed to get away for a while. On the other hand it's possible something was going on that caused other persons to harm him.

I doubt he's actually IN the canal as they're only about 6' deep and he'd almost certainly have come to the surface before now. His body, if he's come to grief, might be in undergrowth close to the towpath but even out of season towpaths are well used by [dog-]walkers and runners so I suspect a body would have made its presence known before now.
I sincerely believe that he has disappeared of his own accord and doesnt want to be found

Seems to be that the searching is taking a different path now with police and family looking at towns and villages...someones hiding him i feel

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...driven-in-search-for-missing-stourbridge-man/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back