Found Deceased NC - Victoria 'Tori' Scofield, 19, Asheboro, 21 Oct 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Autopsy requested in teen’s death[/h]
59f2a1634407d.image.jpg

ASHEBORO — Tori Scofield’s body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Raleigh for an autopsy to determine how the 19-year-old died.

Detectives located Scofield’s body Tuesday in a wooded area near 3890 Pisgah Covered Bridge Road, Asheboro, after a 911 caller reported finding a body there.
On Wednesday, Capt. Jason Chabot of the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office said an investigation is ongoing.

“We’ve got quite a few questions that still need answers,” he said.

Scofield had been missing since Saturday night when she left a birthday party with friends at Nitro’s, a bar in Randleman.

On Tuesday, Scofield’s mother, Jonie Gardner, told The Courier-Tribune that she and Tori’s father, Frank Scofield, went to look for Tori at the Pisgah Covered Bridge Road location, which is about 2.5 miles southwest of U.S. 220 Business south of Asheboro, after a detective asked them if there was a place where Tori could have gone.
http://www.courier-tribune.com/news...7s-death-questions-8216still-need-answers8217

The woman's brother said their father found Scofield's remains.Michael Scofield said his sister is the second child their mother has lost.

He said his youngest brother died of brain cancer when he was 5 years old.

“My mom lost two children. You know, that’s something that I don’t think

I could ever go through and my dad just lost his daughter. That’s what

I’m more concerned about honestly, that’s where our focus is right now

is on our parents to make sure they’re okay.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...area-of-randolph-county-identified/ar-AAu08eU

Tori's Obituary: http://www.greensboro.com/obituarie...cle_2ebf3dfb-cfab-56c1-bdcc-b9069d051036.html

ASHEBORO — Jonie Gardner is grieving over the deaths of two loved ones — her daughter, Tori Scofield, and her boyfriend, Ben Smith.

Tori, 19, had been missing since Saturday night when she left friends at a club in Randleman. She was found Tuesday in a wooded area off Pisgah Covered Bridge Road southwest of Asheboro.

Ben’s body was found Tuesday morning in his car. Both bodies are being examined to determine cause of death.

The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office is investigating. Calls left with the office were not returned Tuesday.

While speculation abounds concerning the two deaths, Gardner asks that everyone wait until all the facts come out.

“Tori was my only daughter, the baby of my first set of children,” Gardner said. “She was the light of her daddy’s and my life.”

Gardner said that when Tori didn’t turn up, she and Tori’s father, Frank Scofield, went to look for her at the location on Pisgah Covered Bridge Road, which Gardner called “our spot,” referring to her and Smith.

She said a detective had asked them if there was a place where Tori could have gone. They had to use a four-wheel drive vehicle to get up to the clearing and Frank Scofield found the body, she said.

Earlier that day, she had had to deal with the death of Smith. Now it was Tori.

“Ben was a good man,” Gardner said. “He loved Tori very much. He has two children, ages 19 and 16, and they’re not taking this very well.”
http://www.courier-tribune.com/news/20171024/8216absolutely-beautiful8217-teen-found-deceased

So Tori was 19 and her boyfriend (Ben) had kids that were roughly the same age as his girlfriend?? And Tori is found dead in "their spot" and then Ben is found dead in his car? Murder/suicide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Tori was 19 and her boyfriend (Ben) had kids that were roughly the same age as his girlfriend?? And Tori is found dead in "their spot" and then Ben is found dead in his car? Murder/suicide?

It is poorly worded but I think Ben Smith was Tori's mom's boyfriend. Later in the article posted above by Knox the mom is speaking and saying "our spot" referring to herself and Smith. This very well could be a murder suicide, however.

It's a little confusing. I've found most of the info on social media, so not linkable. Ben is Tori's Mother's boyfriend.

Tori was out celebrating a friend's birthday Saturday night. She became upset (no explanation as to why), Ben came and took her outside to calm her down. She was never seen after that. He was found dead in his car on Tuesday, she was found in a wooded area the same day.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's actively being investigated, so no official ruling on murder/suicide. But it looks like that could be the case.

Emily Fahy, who befriended Tori more recently along with Britany Seagraves, said she was celebrating her birthday with them at Nitro’s when Tori became upset. She said Tori’s mother’s boyfriend came and took Tori outside “to calm her down” and they expected her to be back inside soon.

“It was an hour at least before we realized she was missing,” Fahy said.

From earlier article posted: http://www.courier-tribune.com/news/20171024/8216absolutely-beautiful8217-teen-found-deceased

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Crazy case. Hoping they find out what happened to this young lady. So sad.

I found it weird that the newspaper said that when the mother was asked where she might go, she automatically thought of "our spot" meaning the mom and Ben Smith's spot. why would the daughter go there? It also stated that Tori became upset at the bar but does anyone know why?

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Newspaper links indicate the following sequence of events:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori goes out with friends[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori has fun[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori becomes upset[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori's Mom's boyfriend takes her outside[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori goes missing [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori reported missing[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori's Mom's boyfriend questioned by police as last person seen with Tori[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Mom's boyfriend commits suicide[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Mom takes police & Tori's Dad to Mom's boyfriend's special place[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori's body is found at mom's boyfriend's special place[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]IMO only, speculation given sequence of events:[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori went there because Mom's boyfriend took her there[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Tori became upset because Mom's boyfriend showed up during Tori's night out with friends [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Why would Tori become upset at the sight of her mother's boyfriend showing up by himself at a place where she had plans to be with her friends? She ended up dead at a place where he likely took her, so my speculation is that she justifiably felt threatened at the sight of him.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

My *only in my opinion* theory.

I have a friend who's 18 yr old daughter suspected/caught her father cheating on her mother. Perhaps something similar happened here - Tori discovered B was married and was upset at the club while with her friends. B found out & went there to confront (instead of comfort) her, things got out of hand & he ended up at "the place" with a body to dispose of.

I don't think any relationship between B & T would have been consentual on her part.

IMHO

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I found it weird that the newspaper said that when the mother was asked where she might go, she automatically thought of "our spot" meaning the mom and Ben Smith's spot. why would the daughter go there? It also stated that Tori became upset at the bar but does anyone know why?

I think the quote was out of context/timeline in that news story.

Ben (Tori's Moms boyfriend), had been found dead by that time. He was the last person seen with Tori, and had been questioned by LE two days earlier.

I'm sure things must have been adding up by that time, whatever the significance "our spot" held to Tori's Mom? But she certainly felt led to search for Tori there. I think it was more along the lines "where would Ben take her".

No it sounds like the moms bf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mod note: Rumor from facebook or local chatter is not allowed... Please read the following:

To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back