MA MA - Boston, BlkMale 18-25, UP14881, MVA, jacket, sweater, jeans, Oct'81

The photo couldve been better, is he on doenetwork? It's one of those many JD that didnt get any attention at all. Sadly that's often the case with minorities.

I live not too far from where he was found. It is near a major intersection. (In the 80s, it was also considered a poor/high-crime area--so sadly he may not have gotten the attention he deserved.)

I'm assuming he was either a passenger in the car or was driving without a license. Unless he was a pedestrian without ID.

There is a large Cape Verdean population in this part of Dorchester. I wonder if he was here illegally and his community knew who he was but didn't want to get involved with the police.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberCME 15334
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)18-25
Estimated Year of Death1981
Estimated PMIMinutes
Height5' 9"(69 inches) , Measured
Weight127 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundOctober 26, 1981
NamUs Case CreatedMarch 17, 2016
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street AddressBlue Hill Ave & Seaver StBoston, Massachusetts
CountySuffolk County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryInvolved in an MVA, taken by EMS to Boston City Hosp.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
none
Near the Body

Clothing
Blue jacket blue sweater jeans
On the Body

Clothing
none
Near the Body

Eyewear
none
On the Body

Footwear
none
On the Body

Jewelry
none
On the Body

Street view

Google Maps

The photo couldve been better, is he on doenetwork? It's one of those many JD that didnt get any attention at all. Sadly that's often the case with minorities.

All these years later and he's still not on DoeNetwork and no ruleouts in Namus. There is a side-profile PM in Namus and he looks to have fairly fine, slim features. I imagine he would have been a handsome young man.

All these years later and he's still not on DoeNetwork and no ruleouts in Namus. There is a side-profile PM in Namus and he looks to have fairly fine, slim features. I imagine he would have been a handsome young man.
He also appears quite young. Hopefully he is identified soon. Surely someone must be missing him.

One of those cases that would be easily solved if more people knew about it. Idk why Suffolk County does the minimum. They also have only 18 missing people listed on NamUs and I'm certain there's more missing people in Suffolk co than that.

Last edited:
One of those cases that would be easily solved if more people knew about it. Idk why Suffolk County does the minimum. They also have only 18 missing people listed on NamUs and I'm certain there's more missing people in Suffolk co than that.
When I search black males that went missing in general in 1981 I get 5 folks in total. In all of the USA.
That definitely isn't correct.

If the dates weren't so mismatched I would have suggested Charlie Hall..

1703628350137.png1703628364654.png

When I search black males that went missing in general in 1981 I get 5 folks in total. In all of the USA.
That definitely isn't correct.

If the dates weren't so mismatched I would have suggested Charlie Hall..

View attachment 470291View attachment 470292
It's shocking. Most of the time you hear these people were reported missing but the report just got binned. The only ones on NamUs I guess are ones where the family pushed hard, but how many have families that aren't even around anymore?

The morgue photo here is terrible, so overexposed you can't really make out his skin tone or anything, and the angle of him looking upwards doesn't really help.

It's shocking. Most of the time you hear these people were reported missing but the report just got binned. The only ones on NamUs I guess are ones where the family pushed hard, but how many have families that aren't even around anymore?

The morgue photo here is terrible, so overexposed you can't really make out his skin tone or anything, and the angle of him looking upwards doesn't really help.
Yeah, I'm working on a reconstruction right now but they're not exactly giving a ton to work with. No idea why the photo was shot on B&W film. It is and was cheaper but I'd hope the Boston ME would have the budget for color.

To be honest though there are also a lot of cases where the family just never reported the person missing due to believing they were still alive and living their own life separate from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back