Moscow street kids seek shelter from Arctic cold

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
MOSCOW (AFP) - As western Russia freezes in Siberian temperatures, Moscow's numerous street children have sought warmth in whatever nook and cranny they can find helped by donations from aid workers.

Anna, 17, has been staying at nights in the huge hall of Moscow's Kursk railway terminal since she arrived from the provincial town of Tula at the start of the current cold snap, in which temperatures have reached as low as minus 30 Celsius (minus 22 Fahrenheit).

She stands at a counter, eating a hotdog and drinking a cup of tea bought for her by two employees of the relief organisation Medecins Sans Frontieres Marina Bobrova and Sergei Pankratov.
"I couldn't live in Tula region any longer. My mother had been drinking for six years. She kicked me out," Anna said with a smile.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060123/sc_afp/russiaweathercold_060123172125

:(

Prayers for all the children suffering, cold and hungry around the world.

I have seen shows about the youth in Russia and how many are homeless and neglected. It certainly is a frightning and sad situation....

It's disgraceful. Those kids should have some warmth and security and a sober parent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back