775 users online (91 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherwell View Post
    I thought it was found that he did not have an anxiety disorder ?!!!
    Looking forward to seeing the NPA rip this to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the NPA rip this to shreds.
    Well, I'm not. I've had more than enough. He should rot.

OP was injured (well, he sustained a bruise, if you can call that an injury) in a prison brawl after allegedly starting a fight with another inmate “he knows well” while waiting to use a pay phone.

The fight could see him lose privileges such as access to the jail tuck shop and the phone that started the fight.

At the moment he is still classified as 'low risk', but may be re-classified if an investigation finds that he was the one that started the fight.

The other man is also detained on the special care unit 'where inmates with special needs and different sexual orientation are held for their own protection'. (I wouldn't be at all surprised if he fits into both these categories)

'As standard operating procedure regarding cases of alleged assaults, the Department of Correctional Services has launched an internal investigation into the matter to establish the facts and to ensure that appropriate action is taken as incidents of assault are not allowed. We want to know that proper security protocols were followed by prison staff.

He’s still being held at the 'relaxed' Atteridgeville Correctional Centre, near his wealthy family's sprawling compound but could face a return to the notorious maximum security facility Kgosi Mampuru II where he served his first year behind bars.

Atteridgeville only houses inmates who are serving a maximum of six years, and has upgraded facilities, including ensuite bathrooms for prisoners with special needs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...son-brawl.html

He shouldn't be at Atteridgeville now that his sentence has been increased. A leopard doesn't change its spots and it was only a matter of time before his true colours started to emerge. He thinks he's so tough but he always comes off second-best when he's involved in an altercation with other males.

[....]

“What is the constitutional aspect here?”

Alexander asked, making clear that this attempt is only an application for leave to appeal and not an automatic right to. “They have to first convince the Constitutional Court that they have a right to be heard.
    [...]
    And they must say that the sentence is so disproportionate or shocking that no reasonable court could have imposed it. “But the minimum sentence legislation for murder is 15 years.”

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-afr...99jggc.twitter

I think the ConCourt will deny him leave to appeal and will sayhe has no prospects of success just as they did when he was convicted of murder and appealed. He's been resentenced with the minimum for murder less time served and the decision of the SCA was unanimous.

The problem for him is that he still thinks he's special and entitled to be treated differently. All I can say is I think he'll be treated very differently once he's finally released, and I'll bet he doesn't like it one little bit.

Hopefully we'll know their decision by the end of January or shortly thereafter.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7