GUILTY TX - Cayley Mandadi, 19, suspicious death, Luling, 29 Oct 2017

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Shaping up as interesting as the Texas Rangers get involved.

San Antonio Express-News:

Luling police treating death of Trinity Cheerleader as homicide

Luling police confirmed the department was treating the death of a Trinity University cheerleader as a homicide.

Few details were available about the death of Cayley Mandadi.

Lt. Jason Reyes, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the Texas Rangers were called in to investigate Mandadi's death on Monday at the request of authorities in Luling and Caldwell County.

Reyes said whether the death was a homicide has not been determined and no further information would be released in the ongoing investigation.
---

more at the links

news4sanantonio:

Trinity University cheerleader dead, many questions remain

---
Many students tell us, there could be unusual circumstances surrounding her death. Classmates that didn’t want to speak on camera say it wasn’t a suicide.
---

Trinitonian:

Campus mourns death of student

Oh dear this is so very sad. Families sending their young people to college always worry about them, but death is not typically a fear. Even though we all know of cases where it has tragically occurred, we cling to the belief that it is an anomaly. Unfortunately, it does happen with troubling frequency. Mostly I pray that her family and friends learn answers that will help them process this loss. My curiosity is a small price to pay for some sense of peace in their grief.

The unthinkable church shooting that happened earlier today is more than one city should have to bear at a time. Blessed be those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Mandadi was a sophomore cheerleader at Trinity. She died Halloween day. The following day, Trinity sent out an alert to all students and faculty to be on the lookout for Mark Howerton, who Jones-Schweitzer says is not a student at the university.

“We want people to know this person is not welcome back on campus - that he was associated with Cayley.” explained Jones-Schweitzer.

Interesting info from college spokesperson.

Also this:

Mandadi was a passenger in a vehicle returning from Houston when someone in the vehicle noticed she was not breathing. They dropped her off at a hospital in Luling and left.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/nation...-of-trinity-university-cheerleader-11-04-2017

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

From your link:

A social media post from Trinity University staff member, Sheryl Tynes, pointed to an alert sent to students from Trinity Police the day after Mandadi's passing. However, it was not clear if the alert was connected to Mandadi's death. "We recently shared an alert for a TUPD Criminal Trespass Warning regarding a non-student named Mark Howerton, who had been associated with Cayley and is not welcome back to Trinity," Tynes said in the post.

From your link:

A social media post from Trinity University staff member, Sheryl Tynes, pointed to an alert sent to students from Trinity Police the day after Mandadi's passing. However, it was not clear if the alert was connected to Mandadi's death. "We recently shared an alert for a TUPD Criminal Trespass Warning regarding a non-student named Mark Howerton, who had been associated with Cayley and is not welcome back to Trinity," Tynes said in the post.

Not sure if this alert is related to Mandadi’s death?!? How odd. It makes it clear that MH is persona non grata on campus, but no mention of what students etc. are to do if they see him there? They are obviously dancing around the truth, whatever that may be, but on,y gives rise to all kinds of speculation about him. Odd.

Not sure if this alert is related to Mandadi’s death?!? How odd. It makes it clear that MH is persona non grata on campus, but no mention of what students etc. are to do if they see him there? They are obviously dancing around the truth, whatever that may be, but on,y gives rise to all kinds of speculation about him. Odd.

BBM. I thought that too. They obviously can't say too much yet but it's clear they are insinuating his involvement in her death.

Has he still not been located?

Has his FB disappeared now? I see her's. At least she was taken to a hospital....instead of dumped in a ditch. Yet who left her there? No doubt LE knows because they aren't showing a vehicle and asking people who it belongs to.

I found a facebook for him just now. Lots of selfies. I feel terrible for this girl and her family :(

They obviously have information that they are working with if they are withholding certain things so as not to jeopardise the investigation. I hope that they are able to work out what happened and aren’t blighted by a culture of silence and self preservation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back