Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

Paywall Sites

Under copyright law, members who read information at a paid subscription site are NOT legally allowed to bring information obtained through those accounts over to Websleuths or pass the information to a third party to post the information here. All information posted at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

Accused killer and girlfriend compare Laura Babcock to 'herpes'
By Adam Carter, CBC News Nov 08, 2017

laura-babcock.jpg

In a text message to his girlfriend, Dellen Millard compared Laura Babcock, the Toronto woman he is accused of killing in 2012, to "herpes" that he was going to get "rid of."

Messages between Millard and his then-girlfriend, Christina Noudga, were presented in court today as retired OPP officer Jim Falconer testified at the first-degree murder trial of Millard, 32, of Toronto, and his co accused, Mark Smich, 30, of Oakville, Ont.

Falconer, who began his testimony Tuesday, is one of the Crown's key witnesses in the Ontario Superior Court trial. He's taking the jury through a wealth of information found on electronic devices connected to Millard and Smich.

Laura Babcock murder trial: Jury to hear more crucial text message testimony
By Adam Carter, CBC News Nov 09, 2017

Testimony about text messages considered vital to the Crown's case will continue today at the trial of two men accused of killing and incinerating Laura Babcock.

Retired OPP officer Jim Falconer will return to the witness box for a third day to provide more evidence about messages, photos and videos found on computers seized from Dellen Millard's home.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Big thanks to all that can help with the tweets. :)

Back in court today for the Laura Babcock murder trial.
by Adam Carter 9:17 AM

Retired OPP Det. Sgt. Jim Falconer will be back in the witness box this morning, giving testimony about what was found on electronic devices found in Dellen Millard's home.
by Adam Carter 9:18 AM

It's a huge presentation, and there's still a lot more information coming today. We should be getting underway at 9:30 a.m.
by Adam Carter 9:19 AM

Good morning, all! I'm here this morning (until lunch) with the tweets and blog. Thanks for starting us up, Coldpizza!

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Court was supposed to start at 9:30 for #LauraBabcock trial but there’s another matter in the room first. Stay tuned for tweeted testimony & wrap at 6pm @CHCHNews

A bit of a delay this morning - we still haven't gotten in to the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 9:39 AM

I'm going to work on a couple of quick things while they're waiting for court to start. AFK for a few, and I'll be back to tweet.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Court was supposed to start at 9:30 for Laura Babcock trial but there’s another matter in the room first.

I wonder what that 'other matter' is???

Still waiting to get inside - there's another matter in the courtroom currently. Appears to be a scheduling conflict.
by Adam Carter 9:48 AM

We're inside the courtroom now. They'd actually started with the jury before we were allowed inside. I'm not sure what went on there.
by Adam Carter 9:57 AM

Det. Sgt. Jim Falconer is back in the witness box talking about data found on cellphone backups.
by Adam Carter 9:59 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
We were let into court as evidence was already in progress. Falconer is on the stand and we're looking at evidence taken from computers in Dellen #Millard home. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 14s14 seconds ago
We see again the screen grab of Smich in a video shot at Millard's house. Det. Sgt. is clarifying his testimony yesterday when he said the iPad recording traced back to 8 Maple Gate. Last night upon further inspection realizes video was shot at #Millard house: 5 Maple Gate

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
More
We're inside the courtroom now. They'd actually started with the jury before we were allowed inside. I'm not sure what went on #LauraBabcock

It looks as though the trial is already under way and the media was not allowed in...I wonder what we missed because of that. THe Det is already on the stand according to Adam Carter's tweets....

They're currently revisiting some slides from the end of yesterday,
by Adam Carter 10:01 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 5s5 seconds ago
Back to the screen capture of text messages between Christina Noudga (Rubix) and Dellen #Millard. The one where she's asking about #LauraBabcock and he gets annoyed. "look I'm not calling you my gf anymore."

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 48s48 seconds ago
Millard: Jim Falconer cont w his extraction report. Jury looking at a screen shot of Smich. Millards best friend."love u like a brother"
DOMwQ2uW0AEGoSx.jpg

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 48s48 seconds ago
"go find the right person(s) to make you feel wanted. Ill do the same," #Millard writes to Noudga. Det. Sgt Falconer says screen capture taken right after message sent. #LauraBabcock

Right now they're looking at a screen capture of a conversation between Millard and Christina Noudga, in which they're arguing about whether or not he had been talking with Laura Babcock.
by Adam Carter 10:04 AM

It looks as though the trial is already under way and the media was not allowed in...I wonder what we missed because of that. THe Det is already on the stand according to Adam Carter's tweets....

I would bet it had something to do with the crown having to mention in front of the jury that there was a photo of Millard that the jury wasn't supposed to see. I don't think they saw it, but the mention of it leaved negative connotations. Judge may have been explaining the situation.

We're now looking at texts from Millard's phone to "Shaner" about an incinerator on June 18, 2012.
by Adam Carter 10:06 AM

"Shaner" says he's emailing a company about "price and delivery." Says there's a distributor in Manitoba.
by Adam Carter 10:06 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 35s35 seconds ago
I believe we heard that the screen capture of messages between #Millard and Noudga was sent to #Smich. Now onto messages folder titled "eliminator purchase."

They're talking about the size of the unit, and Canadian shipping/regulations.
by Adam Carter 10:07 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member