7 killed in school bus crash - MERGED

How my, how sad :( :( just what a parent wants to hear..:(

LAKE BUTLER, Fla. - Seven children who had been adopted by a single family were killed Wednesday in a fiery crash when their car was crushed between a truck and a stopped school bus in rural northern Florida.

The children, ranging in age from 15 years to 21 months, were headed toward their home about two miles north of the crash site. The truck hit them from behind, pushing their car into the bus and causing the car to burst into flames, police said.

Everyone in the car was killed, including the 15-year-old girl who was driving illegally. All of the youngsters had been adopted by the same family and lived together, police said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11026058/

So sad!

Geez...................

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/13711370.htm

LAKE BUTLER, Fla. - A car full of siblings headed home was crushed between a truck and a stopped school bus, killing the seven adopted children just two miles from where they lived.

Investigators were trying to understand why the driver of a truck hit the car from behind, pushing it in to the bus that was carrying nine students.

Everyone in the car was killed Wednesday, including the 15-year-old girl who was driving illegally. Tina Mann told CNN that her niece, who had a learner's permit, had dropped off another child and was taking her siblings home "to get ready to go to church."

"Even though she was an underage driver, it's my understanding she did not cause the accident," Mann told CNN. "The same thing would have happened had there been an adult in the car with her. We'd just have one more death in the family."

The victims in the car were identified by authorities as 15-year-old driver Nicki Mann; Elizabeth Mann, 15; Johnny Mann, 13; Heaven Mann, 3; Ashley Kenn, 13; Miranda Finn, who was either 8- or 9-years-old; and Anthony Lamb, who was almost 2 years old.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

What a terrible tragedy. God Bless them all and their families. It's all so sad.

Well, to make matters worse, the mother of the dead children---why she let a 15 year old drive I will NEVER know---told her father of the death of his grandkids and he up and died of a heart attack.

7 kids and her father! WOW, that's bad.

Cal

Yeah, well the mother of these kids told her father...the kids' grandfather....of the tragedy and he dropped dead of a massive heart attack. Go figure THAT!

Sad, but had that mother been driving it is possible that something would have changed and they wouldn't have been there.

So sad.

Cal

Calus, I was 15 when I got my drivers license and was required to drive my siblings around for all their activities.

calus_3 said:
Well, to make matters worse, the mother of the dead children---why she let a 15 year old drive I will NEVER know---told her father of the death of his grandkids and he up and died of a heart attack.

7 kids and her father! WOW, that's bad.

Cal

It's too much to take. But I still don't understand why the mother was not in the car with her children. However, it sounds as though the driver of the tractor-trailer rig may be ultimately at fault. It sounds like he rear-ended the car with the children inside and rammed it into the back of the school bus.

Concerned, were you allowed to drive by yourself legally?

I can say this.....if the mother had been driving it is highly likely that those kids wouldn't have been at that place at that moment in time. Maybe a different speed of driving, longer/shorter to drop the one 15 year old off, maybe it would have taken her longer to get ready. I don't know. Of course, I suppose that when it is your time to go, it is your time to go.

If it isn't the dumptruck, it might just be a heart attack.

Cal

The dead were identified as:

Cynthia Nicole Mann, 15
Elizabeth Mann, 15
Johnny Mann, 13
Keven Mann, 3
<LI>Anthony Lamb, 20 months

All of the above are from same family.

Also dead:

Ashley Keen, 14
<LI>Miranda Finn, 10

These two girls lived with the Manns, but are not related.

The five Mann children are survived by their mother, Barbara Mann.

calus_3 said:
Yeah, well the mother of these kids told her father...the kids' grandfather....of the tragedy and he dropped dead of a massive heart attack. Go figure THAT!

Sad, but had that mother been driving it is possible that something would have changed and they wouldn't have been there.

So sad.

Cal
Hey Cal, where did you see/hear the grandfather died?

christine2448 said:
The dead were identified as:

Cynthia Nicole Mann, 15
Elizabeth Mann, 15
Johnny Mann, 13
Keven Mann, 3
<LI>Anthony Lamb, 20 months

All of the above are from same family.

Also dead:

Ashley Keen, 14
<LI>Miranda Finn, 10

These two girls lived with the Manns, but are not related.

The five Mann children are survived by their mother, Barbara Mann.

I don't even have the first clue how the surviving family members are supposed to go on after this. My heart is completely broken.

calus_3 said:
Concerned, were you allowed to drive by yourself legally?

I can say this.....if the mother had been driving it is highly likely that those kids wouldn't have been at that place at that moment in time. Maybe a different speed of driving, longer/shorter to drop the one 15 year old off, maybe it would have taken her longer to get ready. I don't know. Of course, I suppose that when it is your time to go, it is your time to go.

If it isn't the dumptruck, it might just be a heart attack.

Cal

Cal, here in Texas you can apply for a hardship license at 15 and legally drive at that age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back