GUILTY KY - Sen. Rand Paul, Mowing Lawn, Attacked By Neighbor, Nov 2017

Is Landscaping Drama at the Root of Rand Paul’s Assault?

Mr. Paul, 54, has long stood out in the well-to-do gated neighborhood south of Bowling Green, Ky., that he calls home. The senator grows pumpkins on his property, composts and has shown little interest for neighborhood regulations.

But the spectacle of the incident — one former doctor attacking another in broad daylight — was altogether different. Competing explanations of the origins of the drama cited stray yard clippings, newly planted saplings and unraked leaves.

Man accused of attacking Sen. Rand Paul could face upgraded charges
New information about the Kentucky Republican's injuries may prompt prosecutors to charge the man with a felony.

New information about the extent of Paul’s injuries could prompt prosecutors to charge Boucher with a felony, according to Trooper Jeremy Hodges, a spokesman for the Kentucky State Police.

snip

“It requires serious physical injury in order for someone to be charged with a felony,” Hodges said. “Our arresting officer will submit his completed case report and then the prosecutors will make a decision about whether to upgrade those charges.”

Five broken ribs = mucho pain with every breath

Five broken ribs with three of them being displaced fractures along with lung contusions and facial injuries? Somehow that sounds like more than just a "body tackle". Rand Paul is 54 and his neighbor/assailant, also a physician, is 59.

Somehow this just does not sound like a dispute about grass clippings...

Five broken ribs = mucho pain with every breath

Five broken ribs with three of them being displaced fractures along with lung contusions and facial injuries? Somehow that sounds like more than just a "body tackle". Rand Paul is 54 and his neighbor/assailant, also a physician, is 59.

Somehow this just does not sound like a dispute about grass clippings...
It honestly would not surprise me. First, some of the oddest neighbor disputes come out of Kentucky. Second, I had a persnickety neighbor like this when I lived in Kentucky. On the other hand, I also had another neighbor who was way worse than Paul in terms of property care, so I feel both sides. Add to that, they had lived next to each other without speaking for years - well, something was simmering. I didn't care for either of my neighbors, but to get to the point of not speaking to them takes some doing and means something in Kentucky.

Added to this mix, remember how strongly Rand feels about property rights. This is a big thing in Kentucky, and it's why there are so many recliners on porches and other weird things in the state. While it may drive neighbors batty, people really do believe strongly in being able to do your own thing, so a lot of stuff is not enforced like it would be elsewhere.

I believe it is highly likely that it was over something seemingly trivial between two very strong personalities who could not budge or compromise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hope the charge is elevated now to a felony since the injuries SRP sustained have become known and are much more serious than a minor injury. SRP probably thought at the time he was just bummed up a little. No one has the right to come on someone else's property and assault them. No one.

As Jean-Paul Sartre said, “Hell is other people” in your Homeowners Association.

US Sen. Rand Paul and his neighbor have a history of conflict, says gated community developer

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-neighbor-petty-argument-developer/839677001/

From the story:

Skaggs described Boucher as a "near-perfect" neighbor, but he said the libertarian politician is a different story.
Paul "was probably the hardest person to encourage to follow the (home owner's association regulations) of anyone out here because he has a strong belief in property rights," said Skaggs, who is the former chairman of the Warren County Republican Party.

[emoji202]MOO

I felt kinda bad for the little fella but he is kinda persnickety. I'd have just settled it, quietly, with the other guy, and not shouted it from the rooftops that I got my butt handed to me over some leaves. I live here. Rand can be a bit of a pill, from all indications. Grown men fighting over landscaping. If you don't want to live by HOA restrictions, don't buy in a place that has them.

I felt kinda bad for the little fella but he is kinda persnickety. I'd have just settled it, quietly, with the other guy, and not shouted it from the rooftops that I got my butt handed to me over some leaves. I live here. Rand can be a bit of a pill, from all indications. Grown men fighting over landscaping. If you don't want to live by HOA restrictions, don't buy in a place that has them.
I don't like Rand, but I think he didn't really want it known that he got his butt whooped over compost, either. However, because he's a senator, the charges are bigger and I don't think he could have avoided the media getting this out there.

The whole thing kind of cracks me up, although really, the neighbor really did some serious damage and probably ought not be in control of people's anesthesia, if you ask me. But Kentucky being Kentucky, I guess we can just be glad no one was forced to eat their beard over a lawn mower again (I'm going to assume you know about that one, rsd1200).

I don't like Rand, but I think he didn't really want it known that he got his butt whooped over compost, either. However, because he's a senator, the charges are bigger and I don't think he could have avoided the media getting this out there.

The whole thing kind of cracks me up, although really, the neighbor really did some serious damage and probably ought not be in control of people's anesthesia, if you ask me. But Kentucky being Kentucky, I guess we can just be glad no one was forced to eat their beard over a lawn mower again (I'm going to assume you know about that one, rsd1200).

I'm not a big Rand fan either, and, I admit, I laughed my butt off. :shame: Then I found out about the fractured ribs and felt kind bad for the little guy, he isn't as big as a popcorn fart. Someone slapped one of his politickin' signs on the farm one year and we politely asked them take it down. lol I think they were ready to settle the thing, until Rand got his knickers in a bind, over everyone finding out about it and got all embarrassed.

I remember the beard thing! :laughing: I love Kentucky. Never a dull moment.

That was my thought. Why does he live in an HOA if he doesn't like HOA's? :thinking:

That was my thought. Why does he live in an HOA if he doesn't like HOA's? :thinking:

Paul sounds like the neighbor from he**. So entitled.

People live in a HOA for reasons.

Exactly right. If one does not like rules, go where there are less like Louisiana where your million dollar home can be between a junkyard and a gas station. Live it up with no rules!

Lots of victim blaming...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a status thing, and, Rand, who many here call a Republican, is, a Libertarian. Two different animals. And, politics aside, Rand, can be an *advertiser censored**.

Skaggs described Boucher as a "near-perfect" neighbor, but he said the libertarian politician is a different story.
Paul "was probably the hardest person to encourage to follow the (homeowner's association regulations) of anyone out here because he has a strong belief in property rights," said Skaggs, who is the former chairman of the Warren County Republican Party.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-neighbor-says-community-developer/841622001/

Rivergreen Subdivision Homes
http://www.realestateinbowlinggreen.com/s/ky/warren-county/rivergreen-subdivision

Paul sounds like the neighbor from he**. So entitled.

People live in a HOA for reasons.

Exactly right. If one does not like rules, go where there are less like Louisiana where your million dollar home can be between a junkyard and a gas station. Live it up with no rules!

Give me a break. Louisiana has rules and HOAs as well. We even have zoning codes, imagine that.

You don't physically assault someone because they are a "neighbor from hell" as you put it. Boucher is the one who blindsided Paul. A man doesn't sucker punch.

IMO

Rand Paul’s office calls ‘violent’ attack a ‘blindside,’ knocks down reports of yard dispute

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-guilty-as-mystery-deepens-over-dispute.html

Paul's senior adviser Doug Stafford issued the senator's most detailed statement yet on the nature of the attack, just hours after Paul's neighbor Rene Boucher entered a not guilty plea in court.

"Last week Senator Paul was vigorously assaulted by someone in his neighborhood. This is a serious criminal matter involving serious injury, and is being handled by local and federal authorities," Stafford said. "As to reports of a longstanding dispute with the attacker, the Pauls have had no conversations with him in many years."

Stafford said the first so-called "conversation" with the attacker "came after Sen. Paul's ribs were broken."

"This was not a 'fight,' it was a blindside, violent attack by a disturbed person," Stafford said. "Anyone claiming otherwise is simply uninformed or seeking media attention."

Rand Paul attack: Neighbors now casting doubt on 'landscaping dispute' story

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...g-doubt-on-landscaping-dispute-story.amp.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back