Found Deceased IN - Christopher Young, 38, Shelbyville, 6 Nov 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
-noticed the link has last seen walking his dogs but there is nothing in the article about walking his dogs?

Christopher Young is described as being 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

He was last seen wearing either gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt with no shoes on or a white tank top with a black t-shirt over it with blue sweatpants and socks.

http://amp.theindychannel.com/23936...-year-old-man-last-seen-walking-his-dogs.html

b4fefbf9a661e5dcc5896e20ecfdfa5b.jpg

http://fox59.com/2017/11/09/investi...involved-in-disappearance-of-shelbyville-man/

From above article:

Police say Chris reportedly ran out of his Shelbyville home to search for his two pit bulls and never came back.

Good post jjs923.
Doesn't sound good.

Chris’ sister Amanda Garcia says her brother got into a physical fight with a neighbor while out searching for the dogs because he trespassed onto someones property.

“They said that he was looking into their windows and yelling for his dogs and the guy got mad because he woke up his wife. Chris went into the back yard and jumped a fence and he said that Chris got a 2x4 and was trying to hit him and then the guy fell so Chris stepped over him and then the guy pulled his legs back and Chris fell,” said Garcia.

Since that night, family and friends have spent hours searching for the 38-year-old man around Shelby County.

I am local and read on facebook that the family stated that one dog returned on its own and the other dog was located at the local animal shelter.

Hi, RedBull... I am somewhat local, too, and this plot just doesn't sound good so far. Thanks for the info about the dogs. I could not get much from the news channels other than different versions of what he was wearing (one said blue jean, another said gray sweat pants, one said a white tank top, another said a black t-shirt, geesh). What FB page are you following that is providing information?

Hello! I am finding various bits of information through his wife and extended family member's facebook pages. I do not know Chris or his wife, but have met several of his extended family members briefly. This seems to be a very strange case. I have my own idea of how I think it will turn out, based purely on my own speculation, but will refrain from posting what I think out of respect for the family and until more details are found and released by law enforcement. I sure hope he comes home safe and soon, His daughter just turned one year old in the last week or two. So sad for his family.

I'm also local to the area and this case is so odd. News stations giving conflicting reports of what he was doing (some say he was walking his dogs, some say searching for them) and wearing (ISPTRAX mentioned those discrepancies) certainly isn't helping to locate him. I've already heard theories that he planned to leave, start a new life or whatever, but I heard on the news last night that he wasn't even wearing shoes when he left, so obviously he planned on coming back home. I hope this case has a happy resolution, but I'm a bit skeptical as of now. That being said, we have almost no information yet, so who knows?

Yes, there has been lots of conflicting information released (by news media) on what he was wearing when he left to go look for his dogs. I hope for a good outcome for his family.

"I know they said he got into it with some guys that he thought had our dogs, because they had dogs in the house barking and they sounded like ours so he thought they were ours," Mandy, his wife, said.

Somewhere, blocks from his home, family says Chris confronted those people. They told him his dogs weren't there.

What happened next is unclear, but things got physical. Family and friends tell us Chris, whose nickname is "Bulldog," somehow ended up on the ground, hitting his head on the concrete. Two people who later saw him observed he was bleeding.

"But then he realized it wasn't our dog, so he took off running the other way," Mandy said. Running the streets, she said, with no shoes."

Outside a Dollar General store on Miller Street, he then ran into his wife's ex-husband.

"He seen the blood dripping but I said yeah, it's the head, you could bleed a lot."

Besides being shoeless, Chris had only a t-shirt and it's been four cold days and nights. He's also without his asthma inhaler and cell phone.

"I'm wondering if he got in the wrong car, somebody picked him up and just dumped him somewhere, if he's still laying in a ditch somewhere," Mandy said.

https://www.wthr.com/article/shelbyville-police-searching-for-missing-man

Maybe he had a brain injury or concussion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe he had a brain injury or concussion.

Interesting...thinking outside the box. I had feared he had been hurt fatally by a neighbor. As I know looking for an escape kitty in the neighborhood.

I hope his wife has answers soon.

Interesting...thinking outside the box. I had feared he had been hurt fatally by a neighbor. As I know looking for an escape kitty in the neighborhood.

I hope his wife has answers soon.
I wonder have they checked all the hospitals.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I’m missing something. If Christopher was chasing his dogs, he should have been close enough to know whether the dogs were in the neighbor’s house. I’d like to know where Christopher was when his dogs went missing and how the dogs got out. It seems like he either suspected the neighbor of trying to steal his dogs or the dogs had gotten out before and the neighbor had not been happy about it.

Did the neighbor also have pit bulls? Were there previous dog fights due to dogs that got out, or were one or both owners planning to breed a dog?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The “looking for the missing dogs” turned into “fighting a neighborhood death match” quickly. If the dogs weren’t previously an issue, something was. Were drugs involved?[/FONT][/FONT]

I'm still so baffled by this case. After reading the report that more than 1 person saw him hit his head and start bleeding, I agree with the potential brain injury angle. We've seen cases of people getting injured in a car accident and running off never to be seen again. He may still be alive and simply not know who he is, but I would think that if he wound up in an Indiana hospital (which I assume he would have) he would've been recognized. I have a stronger feeling that he wandered into the woods/a river/another secluded place and died, either from his head injury or hypothermia. I do hope he's okay, though. [emoji173]

Police update missing man information

An update on the clothing description of a Shelbyville resident who has been missing since early November was provided by the Shelbyville Police Dept. on Thursday.

Christopher A. Young, 38, was last seen wearing blue jeans or blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and a dark colored thermal shirt.
Young, who is described as a white male, 5-foot-8 and 150 pounds with week-old facial hair and very short head hair, was last seen in the area of Miller Ave. and Colescott and Montgomery streets after sunset on Nov. 6.

Shelbyville police were informed the following day that Young had gone missing.

The investigation is ongoing and police believe he had minor injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening. According to police, Young may have been disoriented as a result of those injuries.

He was in a confrontation with another man while looking for his two dogs that had escaped his home.

Shelbyville police have received numerous calls that continue to be investigated. It remains an open investigation.

Multiple investigators are assigned to the case, according to Lt. Mike Turner, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Shelbyville Police Dept. at 317-392-2511 or Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS (8477).

http://www.shelbynews.com/news/local/article_88ef29de-14df-57a6-ac61-d9bff928bfe7.html

https://www.wthr.com/article/kayakers-find-body-in-shelby-county-river
Published: Dec 3rd, 2017 - 7:26pm (EST)
Updated: Dec 3rd, 2017 - 9:58pm (EST)

SHELBY COUNTY (WTHR) - Kayakers found a body in the Big Blue River Sunday afternoon.
The Shelby County sheriff's office confirms they recovered an unidentified body from the river a few miles west of Shelbyville.
No word yet what caused the victim's death. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

***Still Waiting For Official Announcement***
But many people believe this to be Chris Young, as all communication from the family has stopped since yesterday, & those close to them say they have been terribly upset by sudden news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back