Drinking anti-freeze

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers lineman Terry Long committed suicide by drinking antifreeze, a revised death certificate shows, and his death was not a direct result of football-related head injuries as previously ruled.
The Allegheny County coroner ruled in September that Long, 45, had died of meningitis. The condition, a swelling of the lining of Long's brain, was caused by football-related "chronic traumatic encephalopathy," also known as "punch-drunk syndrome," said the coroner at the time, Dr. Cyril Wecht.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-longautopsy&prov=ap&type=lgns

I saw that article earlier today. My first thought was how do they know it was suicide? Wecht's office did not announce the change in the cause of death. By the time the labs were obtained and cause changed, there was no possible "crime scene" left. Too many questions left unanswered.

Ethylene glycol is a most effective death scenario. Think Lynn Turner. As far as suicide it works there too. It is sweet tasting and available. It is my brother's choice for extenguishing animals that bother my mother.

Someone drinking antifreeze himself to commit suicide is hard for me to believe. It may not have a bad taste but it makes you deathly sick and is a slow death. I can't see anyone choosing to die that way.

Lynn Turner did murder two men using antifreeze but they both got very ill and even the hospital couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. They didn't catch it the first time around with the husband but they did the second time with the boyfriend..fireman. Then they checked the husband...policeman...out.

If I were a cop I would start looking at murder and not suicide. Most people don't choose poison to die. They use a gun, take pills, plow their vehicle into the rear end of a semi or something like that but not poison.

Bobbisangel said:
Someone drinking antifreeze himself to commit suicide is hard for me to believe. It may not have a bad taste but it makes you deathly sick and is a slow death. I can't see anyone choosing to die that way.

Lynn Turner did murder two men using antifreeze but they both got very ill and even the hospital couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. They didn't catch it the first time around with the husband but they did the second time with the boyfriend..fireman. Then they checked the husband...policeman...out.

If I were a cop I would start looking at murder and not suicide. Most people don't choose poison to die. They use a gun, take pills, plow their vehicle into the rear end of a semi or something like that but not poison.

Absolutely, my post was a little bit facetious.Thanks for recognizing the problem.

concernedperson said:
Absolutely, my post was a little bit facetious.Thanks for recognizing the problem.

Oh concerned I wasn't correcting anything. Just adding some info :D

Bobbisangel said:
Oh concerned I wasn't correcting anything. Just adding some info :D

Its me trying to get attention again. You would thing that at 10 it would all be over.

concernedperson said:
Ethylene glycol is a most effective death scenario. Think Lynn Turner. As far as suicide it works there too. It is sweet tasting and available. It is my brother's choice for extenguishing animals that bother my mother.
Hmmmm...that was my first thoughts when I read "antifreeze"...I just don't see anyone drinking it on their own. However, I once knew someone who drank half a case of beer and topped it off with a quart of Clorox. He was found a few days later when no one had seen him around. Sick joke was that "he wanted to clean himself out." It's sad when no one missed him for several days.

While I find this an odd way to commit suicide I think it was noted in reports that he tried to commit suicide by ingesting rat poison once before during a high stress situation. That makes it much more believable to me he would ingest anti-freeze.

snippet:

He had started at right guard for the Steelers from 1984 until 1991, when he attempted suicide with rat poison after he was suspended for violating the NFL's steroid policy
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13717645.htm

mic730 said:
While I find this an odd way to commit suicide I think it was noted in reports that he tried to commit suicide by ingesting rat poison once before during a high stress situation.

The rat poison part is posted in the link at the begining of this thread.

dark_shadows said:
The rat poison part is posted in the link at the begining of this thread.

I read that and I read it in other reports as well. I thought it was worthwhile mnetioning in the thread that he had a history if ingesting poision.

mic730 said:
I read that and I read it in other reports as well. I thought it was worthwhile mnetioning in the thread that he had a history if ingesting poision.

Hi Mic730,
I did not know if you had read the link or not.I do not understand why someone would do something like that.I guess people will do anything.We have had people swallow batteries and all kinds of things.
Anyway Mic,thanks for your post.

dark_shadows said:
Hi Mic730,
I did not know if you had read the link or not.I do not understand why someone would do something like that.I guess people will do anything.We have had people swallow batteries and all kinds of things.
Anyway Mic,thanks for your post.

Hi back at ya! Hard to believe that people would swallow something like that. I had not heard of batterries before - I guess if it can ingested it has happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back