GUILTY NC - Amanda Maynard, 15, murdered in her Garner home, 1 Jan 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Jan 1. 2005

Early Saturday morning 15-year-old Amanda Maynard was found dead in her parents' home. Police say Maynard appears to have died after being struck multiple times by a sharp object. The medical examiner's office must perform an autopsy to determine the official cause of death.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/4039999/detail.html

Police Search For Evidence In Death Of Garner Teen

19-Year-Old Neighbor Charged

POSTED: 6:33 am EST January 3, 2005

GARNER, N.C. -- A neighbor has been charged in the sexual assault and death of a 15-year-old girl who was attacked in her home early Saturday morning.

Police arrested Kenneth Ray O'Neal Jr., 19, and charged him with first-degree burglary, forcible sex offense and first-degree murder in the death of Amanda R. Maynard.

O'Neal is being held at the Wake County Jail without bail. A motive is not yet known.

"I cannot fathom what would encourage or motivate someone to do what happened here," said Officer Jon Blum of the Garner Police Department.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/4041078/detail.html

Search Warrant Suggests Garner Teen Attended Party After Neighbor's Murder

Kenneth O'Neal Charged With Death Of Amanda Maynard

POSTED: 7:02 am EST January 4, 2005
UPDATED: 7:08 pm EST January 4, 2005

GARNER, N.C. -- Search warrants returned on Tuesday morning reveal new information into the murder investigation of a Garner teenager.

Kenneth O'Neal, 19, is charged with stabbing and killing his 15-year-old neighbor, Amanda Maynard on New Year's Day.

According to the statements from police, O'Neal's mother, Donna, is the one who called 911 at 3:12 a.m. Saturday saying she heard a scream from across the street.

The police statements indicate that O'Neal confessed to killing Maynard. In some points, O'Neal is described as being distraught, and at other times police found him completely unaffected by the crime.

According to the statements, he apparently told police he entered the girl's home, she screamed and he stabbed her in the head.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/4045413/detail.html#

4045424_320X240.jpg

Courtesy of http://www.wral.com/news/

State To Seek Death Penalty In Killing Of Garner Teen

POSTED: 8:12 am EST February 11, 2005
UPDATED: 8:14 am EST February 11, 2005

GARNER, N.C. -- A teenager charged with killing a girl in his Garner neighborhood could face the ultimate penalty.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/4188189/detail.html

Has he been to trial yet?

I believe so. I am still checking. I am just now finding new info. I probably should've posted this in the trial forum, I had found that news story from today about the death sentence request, and there wasn't a thread started so I didn't know where to post it.

I am astounded at an article I just found on the web and I will not even post it here. I was reading it and I wasn't sure where it was going, but by the title, I had an idea. It was the most racist, filthy piece of writing I had ever read. People are disgusting. :sick:
Talking about how little Caucasian girls would have a better chance at life if other cultural people didn't live here. I couldn't believe the writer of the story and how completely biased and obviously ra.... I am just not going to post any further about this.

Anyway, mods, if you want to move this thread somewhere else where it would fit better that would be good.
Thanks.

Victim's family speaks out
1/5/2005 9:35 AM

A lot of new information is coming out in the case of a murdered Garner teen. Now Amanda Maynard's mother, Tammie Edrington, is speaking out...

Also according to the search warrants, after O'Neal left Maynard's house he went to a party up the street where he cleaned his hands of blood. He also sat downstairs, told a few jokes and played the piano. Then later in the night he went back to his house where he told his mom he had heard a scream and told her to call 911.
The warrants also said O'Neal's mother lied about hearing the screams herself. Now Maynard's family says O'Neal deserves only one punishment...death.

“I will make sure he does,” Edrington added. “I will see to it."

More: http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=61676&SecID=2&addvid=7927

02amanda_maynard_mom2.jpg
750.gif
750.gif
Tammie Edrington, center, spoke out on Tuesday

PrayersForMaura said:
I believe so. I am still checknig. I am just now finding new info. I probably should've posted this in the trial forum, I had found that news story from today about the death sentenec request, and there wasn't a thread started so I didn't know where to post it.

I am astounded at an article I just found on the web and I will not even post it here. I was reading it and I wasn't sure where it was going, but by the title, I had an idea. It was the most, racist, filthy piece of writing I had ever read. People are disgusting. :sick:
Talking about how little Caucasian girls would have a better chance at life if other cultural people didn't live here. I couldn't believe the write of the story and how completely biased and obviously ... I am just not going to post any further about this.

Anyway, mods, if you want to move this thread somewhere else where it would fit better that would be good.
Thanks.
Prayers, I did a goggle and it sent me to those sites that you are referring to. Quite disgusting!

This is so sad. So....do we know his motivation? Was it rape? Did he rape her after he stabbed her? A beautiful little girl gone forever!

jannuncutt said:
Prayers, I did a goggle and it sent me to those sites that you are referring to. Quite disgusting!
Yes, wasn't it? Gosh! :sick:

PrayersForMaura said:
I believe so. I am still checking. I am just now finding new info. I probably should've posted this in the trial forum, I had found that news story from today about the death sentence request, and there wasn't a thread started so I didn't know where to post it.

I am astounded at an article I just found on the web and I will not even post it here. I was reading it and I wasn't sure where it was going, but by the title, I had an idea. It was the most racist, filthy piece of writing I had ever read. People are disgusting. :sick:
Talking about how little Caucasian girls would have a better chance at life if other cultural people didn't live here. I couldn't believe the writer of the story and how completely biased and obviously ra.... I am just not going to post any further about this.

Thanks.

I ran across that same filthy, racist site when I did a search. Disgusting!

jannuncutt said:
This is so sad. So....do we know his motivation? Was it rape? Did he rape her after he stabbed her? A beautiful little girl gone foever!

That awful site has links to articles that say he did.

I'm confused. The earlier links are dated 2005, but then the last article linked is dted 2006 and says she was killed over the weekend. This just happened? Or was it last year?

SewingDeb said:
I'm confused. The earlier links are dated 2005, but then the last article linked is dted 2006 and says she was killed over the weekend. This just happened? Or was it last year?
It happened last year. they are seeking the death penalty now. That is the current story. There was no thread on this prior to that, so I posted all the stories together here.

It's a good trial to follow and it is good to have the background articles posted before the trial. I hope he does get the death penalty.

From August 2006:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/new...cle_de0371e9-5f0f-5fda-a540-8aea5bb6c4c0.html

Boyd County’s coroner said it will be a few weeks before he knows for certain what caused the death of an Ashland woman whose 15-year-old daughter was brutally murdered last year in North Carolina.

Tammy Edrington, whose daughter, Amanda Raechel Maynard, was stabbed to death by a neighbor, died Friday at King’s Daughters Medical Center. She was 40...

O’Neal, 20, was spared the death penalty when he pleaded guilty in March of this year of first-degree murder, first-degree sexual offense and first-degree burglary. He is serving life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back