MI - Edward Hollman, 21, Dearborn Heights, 3 May 1992

Nina Michigan

Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan
Reaction score
21 year old Ed Hollman was strangled in his parents basement early morning May 3, 1992 while his parents were attending mass at Sacred Heart Cathedral in Dearborn.

Despite exhaustive efforts by DHPD, including assistance from the Vidocq society, the FBI and the Michigan State Police the case remains open and unsolved.

Parent's post on POMC

For those who have a subscription to Newspapers.com, here's a link to a news story from the Detroit Free Press

https://www.newspapers.com/image/97743405/

The article says he was beaten and strangled with his own sweat pants. Police believe he was first clubbed in the back of the head. A detective had a criminal profile done of the killer. The report said: the killer was a "sexually inadequate person with strong unresolved power" who needs to dominate others. The suspect is either bisexual or homosexual and the victim represented everything the suspect would like to be".

"The person who committed the homicide may be likely to have feelings of sexual inadequacy with possible bisexual conflicts or fears and strong frustrated power control. He may be an ex military person highly dependent on external accoutrements of masculinity to conceal covert fears of hollowness and impotence. A highly inadequate female may have also been involved. "

The detective also said the killer didn't come into the home until the parents left. Ed had come home from a party at about 4 am the night before. He went to the basement where he watched tv and slept. His phone records reveal he talked with his girlfriend about 4:05 am, then called her again around 4:33 am. His father got up just before 5 am and the parents left for Mass at 6:45 am. The father doesn't think anyone came into the home before they left for Mass.

Detective says it wasn't drug related and was probably committed by someone who lived nearby (maybe no car was seen?). They also think it was someone known to the family. Since he was killed with his own sweat pants, it may have been an impulsive act.

Eddie Holman with his dad, Ted and older brothers, Bill and Tom. Possibly taken in the fall of 1991. I got the image from Gina Hollman, Eddie's mother.

Attachments

• Hollman Eddie.jpg
    Hollman Eddie.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 19
It won't allow the picture to come up... Could you try again? Any names like the girlfriend available? Did you get to speak with Gina? Thank you!

I did speak with Gina, and others close to Eddie and the case. Released the episode this morning. Dearborn Heights Police have a detective assigned and are hoping someone is ready to come forward.

Can you see the picture?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hollman Eddie 1.jpg
    Hollman Eddie 1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 53
Yeah I don’t believe mom. She loves to talk about herself and mentioned how she was head of the HOA twice in the podcast. She tended to move the conversation from Eddie to herself and things she needed to get done that day. I thought “Is she creating an alibi?” I think both parents need looked at hard. If a garrote was used it was still in the basement. Nina, I normally love your podcasts and your ability to stay neutral but you played into the moms loss even though she didn’t sound like a grieving mom. Contrary she seemed like a person with a to-do list.

Eddie's parents were cleared. They are not suspects in his death.

Our conversation lasted for hours and we went from tears to laughter to tears again. Saying "she didn't sound like a grieving mom" is unfair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back