Found Deceased MI - Jerome Ezell, 27, Lansing, 7 Nov 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
27 year-old Jerome Deshaun Ezell was last seen sometime Tuesday morning after dropping his girlfriend off at work.

Police reports indicate he was last seen driving a white Chevrolet Equinox on November 7 in the 5200 block of S. Clemens Ave. in Lansing at 10:45 a.m. Since then, his family and friends have been frantically looking for him.

Tuesday night around 7:15 P.M. his girlfriend used an On-Star app on her phone to successfully locate their car, the Equinox, in the 1100 block of North Fairview Ave. in Lansing, Michigan. Upon arriving to the scene, the girlfriend found their 5-month-old son alone in the car, unharmed.

Family says this is not normal for Jerome.

Police searched the wooded area near where the vehicle was located with night vision equipment. However, they were unable to locate Jerome.

Jerome is a African American dark skinned male who is 5“4”, 175 pounds and was last seen wearing wheat colored Timberland's, black jeans, a red zip up, and a black leather jacket.. Ezell may also answer to "Roni" or "E".

The family is offering a reward of $5,000.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Search-is-on-for-local-man-missing-for-three-days-456439363.html

03a68ec4494177a38c385032668d9658.jpg

Upon police and fire rescue response they observed no signs of the missing person, no obvious signs of foul play, and started medical treatment for the 5-month-old son.

The Lansing Township Police, with the assistance of Michigan State University Police Department, East Lansing Police Department and the Lansing Township Fire department searched the wooded area adjacent to the area where the vehicle was located.

Night vision equipment was used in the search; however, the missing person was not found and remains missing at this time.
The Lansing Township Police are continuing to follow all incoming information in attempt to find Jerome Ezell, and are looking for any information regarding the whereabouts of Jerome Ezell. Ezell may also answer to “Roni” or “E”.

http://wlns.com/2017/11/09/lansing-township-police-have-you-seen-this-man/
4888d94a449c276ead10f85d1b2a48f6.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! This is so scary. I can't imagine this man would purposely abandon his baby. I know it happens, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I'm really glad the baby is okay. I hope Jerome is found soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! This is so scary. I can't imagine this man would purposely abandon his baby. I know it happens, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I'm really glad the baby is okay. I hope Jerome is found soon.

I wonder how long the baby was there alone. Thank goodness for On Star!

I was wondering the same thing. And yes, I'm so glad his gf thought to check it.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Search-is-on-for-local-man-missing-for-three-days-456439363.html

From the link above, ( thank you too for the link ) it sounds as though the baby may have been alone, strapped in that car seat all day and into that evening. Could have been for as long as 8-9 hours.

Jerome was last seen driving at 10:45 a.m. that morning, and the girlfriend checked the OnStar app around 7:15 p.m. which led to finding the vehicle. The OnStar app saved that baby's life!

What a nightmare for the whole family. As awful as this whole situation is, thank goodness the baby's all right. I can't imagine how scared and hungry the baby must have been that whole time. Not to mention sitting in a wet/soiled diaper for hours.

From the link:

'Upon arriving at the scene, the girlfriend found their 5 month old son alone in the car, unharmed.' "The doors were unlocked, the keys were setting in the passenger's seat, phone in cup holder, and my son in the back, harnessed in. His face was wet as if he were previously crying, but when I opened the door he a had a look on his face of relief on his face like finally, someone is here to get me."

The family stated Jerome was loving and caring, would never voluntarily leave. To me it sounds like he must have been abducted.

How scared he must have felt too, not only for his own life but knowing the baby was being left in the car all alone.

Deepest thoughts with the family, and prayers he will be found safe...

JMO

Hmmmm seems as if he stepped out of the car to talk to someone, then something happened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...d-car-lansing-township-police-said/849187001/

This link provides a little more information. It states the baby was hospitalized briefly, and was released Tuesday.

"The child was not dehydrated and seemed to be in fairly good condition," the Township Police Chief Adam Cline said.

Thank goodness for that.

There's also some information in the article about a neighborhood resident who said she saw the vehicle parked there at about 11:50 a.m. while she was walking her dog. She noticed the vehicle appeared to be abandoned.

It doesn't say whether she looked in the windows. Apparently though the baby was not crying at that time.

The article also mentions that Jerome may answer to the name "Roni" or just "E."

His family is so distraught. My heart really goes out to them....

JMO

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...d-car-lansing-township-police-said/849187001/

This link provides a little more information. It states the baby was hospitalized briefly, and was released Tuesday.

"The child was not dehydrated and seemed to be in fairly good condition," the Township Police Chief Adam Cline said.

Thank goodness for that.

There's also some information in the article about a neighborhood resident who said she saw the vehicle parked there at about 11:50 a.m. while she was walking her dog. She noticed the vehicle appeared to be abandoned.

It doesn't say whether she looked in the windows. Apparently though the baby was not crying at that time.

The article also mentions that Jerome may answer to the name "Roni" or just "E."

JMO
Ok, apologizing friday night dinner and time with hubby so do we know where or how far from mom's work place?

Ok, apologizing friday night dinner and time with hubby so do we know where or how far from mom's work place?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/500...faada!2m2!1d-84.5209494!2d42.7455541?hl=en-US

Assuming that the last place where he was seen driving is her workplace, then it appears to be very close, according to this map.

1.2 miles, (in one direction, and 1.4 miles going another way) between the place he was last seen driving and the place where his vehicle was located.

Just in case this link doesn't work correctly, this map was in the link of my last post. However, it only showed the location where his vehicle was found. I added the address where he was last seen driving.

Hope all that makes sense, and that it shows up okay...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/500...faada!2m2!1d-84.5209494!2d42.7455541?hl=en-US

Assuming that the last place where he was seen driving is her workplace, then it appears to be very close, according to this map.

1.2 miles, (in one direction, and 1.4 miles going another way) between the place he was last seen driving and the place where his vehicle was located.

Just in case this link doesn't work correctly, this map was in the link of my last post. However, it only showed the location where his vehicle was found. I added the address where he was last seen driving.

Hope all that makes sense, and that it shows up okay...
Thanks, for doing the mapping. Scary strange. ETA It seems something may have happened right after he dropped the mom at work. Possible he was followed. I hope they have video of where the car was found.

Maybe he was pulled over by LE?

I don't know, but it seems doubtful to me. His vehicle was found in a wooded area, according to the news links.

If by some chance it was LE, it seems like they would have checked the vehicle and not left the baby in there alone.

Plus, Jerome would have spoken up and informed them that his baby was with him.

JMO, but I'm not seeing any scenario where it could have been LE...

Thank goodness for that.

JMO
What a sweet picture from the link JaxzTune posted-

eeca1ef56f58e162c6f3abd8b3a9cb1e.jpg

What a scary situation. I'm so glad the baby is okay though. I hope Jerome will be located soon.

is the place where the vehicle was found a high traffic area? I'm inclined to agree this was a meeting spot. is it possible there are tire or shoe prints? having a 5 month old baby is stressful...did he choose to leave? I can't imagine anyone leaving an infant without some type of serious struggle.

is the place where the vehicle was found a high traffic area? I'm inclined to agree this was a meeting spot. is it possible there are tire or shoe prints? having a 5 month old baby is stressful...did he choose to leave? I can't imagine anyone leaving an infant without some type of serious struggle.
From the map it seemed not a hidden area but then the mention of wooded area so possibly slightly off the road of the flow of traffic?

My thoughts-he either pulled over to make a call or was meeting someone. Possibly someone took over the van and left it here...somewhat unlikely imho. Why bring it back there instead of leaving where they ended up. Also, my opinion if someone could take him and leave that Baby not knowing his outcome...they are some bad people-if they knew the baby was in there. Thinking they would have checked if anyone else was in the van that could be left as a potential witness. Baby couldn't talk.

I don't think he chose to leave and put the baby in jeopardy. There are other ways he could have taken off. Now if he was gonna leave and didnt want to pay child support the baby would have been harmed. MOO

Thankful the baby was found safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back