Inbox and folders

JaneEyre

Kindness matters - always
Reaction score
How do I move messages to different folders? I've created two new folders to organize my stuff, and I want to move certain messages to my genealogy folder but I can't figure out how.

Also, is there any way to increase the message limit? I'm doing a lot of research and want to keep PMs that have information I may need.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How do I move messages to different folders? I've created two new folders to organize my stuff, and I want to move certain messages to my genealogy folder but I can't figure out how.

Also, is there any way to increase the message limit? I'm doing a lot of research and want to keep PMs that have information I may need.

Thanks!

I hope this helps:

‘How do I work with Private Message Folders?
By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the 'Inbox' and the 'Sent' Items folders.
The 'Inbox' folder contains any new messages you receive. It allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent it, and the date and time it was sent.
The 'Sent Items' folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy for future reference.
You can create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.
Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them. Once you have selected your messages, you can choose the following options in the 'Selected Messages' box at the bottom of the list:

• Move to Folder
  • Delete
  • Mark as Read
  • Mark as Unread
  • Download as XML
  • Download as CSV
  • Download as TEXT
You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones.
If you would like to keep a record of your messages before you delete them, you can use any of the 'Download as..' options listed above to take a copy and store them on your own computer.
Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply or forward it to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your contact list.’

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_private_messages

I hope this helps:

‘How do I work with Private Message Folders?
By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the 'Inbox' and the 'Sent' Items folders.
The 'Inbox' folder contains any new messages you receive. It allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent it, and the date and time it was sent.
The 'Sent Items' folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy for future reference.
You can create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.
Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them. Once you have selected your messages, you can choose the following options in the 'Selected Messages' box at the bottom of the list:

• Move to Folder
  • Delete
  • Mark as Read
  • Mark as Unread
  • Download as XML
  • Download as CSV
  • Download as TEXT
You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones.
If you would like to keep a record of your messages before you delete them, you can use any of the 'Download as..' options listed above to take a copy and store them on your own computer.
Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply or forward it to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your contact list.’

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_private_messages
Thank you!

My pleasure! I’ve been reading your genealogy thread. It’s fascinating!
Thank you. I was going to ask, are all your cats Bohemian, or just one?

:wink:

I'm a cat person, too.

Thank you. I was going to ask, are all your cats Bohemian, or just one?

:wink:

I'm a cat person, too.

All of them. Yep, I’m a cat lady (and a dog person although she passed away a few years ago.) I have three rescued cats at the moment. Just love them!

Can someone plz tell me how I can reach Dave the tech guy for WS? I need to send him an email via my private email address as I messed up my private message folders and can’t figure out how to fix it. I am unable to send any PM’s so I will need his email address plz. (Or anyone’s email address who can go in & access my folders to correct the mess I made.)

Thanks anyone!

Blondie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer