Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.14.17 - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

Paywall Sites

Under copyright law, members who read information at a paid subscription site are NOT legally allowed to bring information obtained through those accounts over to Websleuths or pass the information to a third party to post the information here. All information posted at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

Expert says photo appears to show human bones burning
By Adam Carter, CBC News Nov 10, 2017

laura-babcock.jpg

Burning objects seen in photo taken of the inside an incinerator belonging to accused killer Dellen Millard look like human bones, according to an expert in bones and burned remains who testified today at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto.

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Tracy Rogers started her testimony Friday afternoon, saying she had examined two photos that were shot on July 23 at 11:20 p.m., which were found on electronic devices that were seized from Millard's home.

"I was able to state that the objects in the incinerator appear similar to human bone," Rogers told the jury.

Millard to question major Crown forensics witness
By Adam Carter, CBC News Nov 14, 2017 8:30 AM

Last week, expert witness Dr. Tracy Rogers testified that burning objects seen in a photo taken of the inside of an animal incinerator belonging to accused killer Dellen Millard looked like human bones — now, it's Millard's chance to question her.

The accused killer will come face to face with the witness this morning, as the trial of the two men accused of killing and incinerating Toronto woman Laura Babcock continues.

Millard is slated to begin his cross-examination this morning, starting at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

We're starting off today with some legal arguments, before the jury comes in. I'm not able to report anything that happens without the jury in the room.
by Adam Carter 9:35 AM

I'm back at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto today.
by Adam Carter 9:34 AM

We're now underway in court -- I'll let you know once the jury is in and open court begins. We're slated to start the day with Millard cross-referencing Dr. Tracy Rogers, a forensics expert.
by Adam Carter 9:41 AM

Thanks in advance to those that can help with the tweets. :)

We're starting off today with some legal arguments, before the jury comes in. I'm not able to report anything that happens without the jury in the room.
by Adam Carter 9:35 AM

I'm back at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto today.
by Adam Carter 9:34 AM
Yay! A.C. is back!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tealgrove, I couldn’t agree more with what you said in the previous thread. A crime may or may not have been committed, but LE still investigate in order to locate missing persons or find out what happened to them. They did not for Laura.

This is hardly an isolated incident either. LE across our nation have been guilty of not investigating the disappearances or deaths of marginalized or vulnerable people for years. We can’t make excuses or turn a blind eye to this issue.

We're still in legal arguments at the moment.
by Adam Carter 10:09 AM

Not liking the start to the day in legal arguments.......

I feel like Dr. Rogers is having to tip-toe around so much with her testimony and DM and his fancy lawyering skills are trying to make sure she can't elude to anything from the TB trial......I do look forward to him going toe-to-toe with her.....she is a true expert and professional....MOO

Oh good, another extraction report to go over from The Mob Reporter while we wait...

[video=youtube;s6UnVuVPMZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6UnVuVPMZQ[/video]

I feel like Dr. Rogers is having to tip-toe around so much with her testimony and DM and his fancy lawyering skills are trying to make sure she can't elude to anything from the TB trial......I do look forward to him going toe-to-toe with her.....she is a true expert and professional....MOO

I suspect he's trying to bring in pictures of animal bones for her to analyze. :rolleyes:

MOO

The jury is now coming in. We're getting underway.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

Millard is starting his cross-examination of Dr. Rogers.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

Or he wants to show his fancy photoshop skills..........

ok so he wants to bring up shes been inside it? Here we go this should be a farce...

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
4m4 minutes ago
Jury coming in now for #LauraBabcock trial, after an hour of legal arguments.

2m2 minutes ago
Forensic anthropologist Tracy Rogers is back on the stand for cross examination by #Millard and #Smich's lawyer. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
Millard starts with "Good morning Ms Rogers." She has seen the incinerator before, she's been inside of it, #Millard reminds her. How did she get in? "Climbed in?" It has a hatch on top, #Millard describes.

2m2 minutes ago
The hatch was open, so to get inside she climbed through the hatch on top and was able to be completely inside the machine, Rogers agrees with #Millard. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews49s49 seconds ago
A photo of Dr. Rogers in a white suit with mask standing inside the incinerator is now on court screens. #LauraBabcock

Millard asks her if she's seen the incinerator and examined it in person. Rogers says yes. "You've actually been inside of it, haven't you?" he asks. She says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Rogers says she climbed in through a hatch at the top of the machine to examine it.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

We're now seeing a photo of Rogers standing inside the eliminator, wearing a white protective suit.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member