CA - Rancho Tehama - Gunman targets school, random others, kills 5, 14 Nov 2017

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Five dead after gunman 'who was out on bond for stabbing a woman' goes on shooting rampage in Californian town and elementary school

At least five people have been killed by a gunman who randomly picked out targets in a killing spree on Tuesday morning.

The unnamed gunman was eventually killed by police at the Rancho Tehama Elementary School in northern California where he opened fire on students and staff as parents dropped off their children at around 8am.

It was his final stop on a deadly tour of the town which also involved him shooting a woman and her child as they drove past him in their truck.

The shooting spree began at 7.52am at an address in the town.

From there, the gunman is believed to have used a stolen truck to travel to the school where he injured at least three children and one adult before being brought down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-shooting-California-elementary-school.html

Domestic violence again. When will we ever learn?

Time for thoughts and prayers

from the link in post #1:

Neighbors there say they had been complaining for weeks about the gunman, who lived on the street, firing his gun late at night and early in the morning.

And also this:

At the school, the gunman fired between 90 and 100 rounds with a semi-automatic rifle and two handguns before he was brought down, according to witnesses nearby.

I fear we (as a nation) are becoming desensitized to these repeated mass murders and that, IMO, is never ok.

At least 4 dead after gunman ‘randomly picking targets’ shoots at California school and other locations, police say

“It was very clear early on that we had a subject that was randomly picking targets,” Johnston said.

While details about what led up to the shooting were unclear, Johnston said authorities were told by neighbors that “there was a domestic violence incident” involving the suspected attacker.

“There was an active shooter out there earlier this morning,” said Jeanine Quist, an administrative assistant with the Corning Union Elementary School District. “There were some confirmed injuries.

“We are cooperating with local law enforcement — we don’t have any confirmed information at this point,” but a statement from the superintendent will be forthcoming when more is known, she said.

Quist said about 10:30 a.m. local time that parents were able to get to the school to see their children.

he was accused of stabbing the wife of a neighbor he has a beef with, per DM article upthread. She did not die. (for those who can't or don't have time to click links and read articles right now, which is often me too...)

Domestic violence again. When will we ever learn?

Sometimes I wonder which is the more dangerous - entering into a relationship with an American male or registering as a patient with Harold Shipman.

he was accused of stabbing the wife of a neighbor he has a beef with, per DM article upthread. She did not die. (for those who can't or don't have time to click links and read articles right now, which is often me too...)

This is the woman he stabbed previously? The reason he was out on bond?

Or stabbed today. I'm a bit lost....need to catch up.

A man who said he was a neighbor of the gunman told Action News Now, a group of local television stations, that his roommate was one of those killed. The gunman, who seemed mentally unstable, “has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” he said. “He’s been threatening us.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/us/northern-california-shooting-school.html

This is the woman he stabbed previously? The reason he was out on bond?

Or stabbed today. I'm a bit lost....need to catch up.

Sorry, yes, the woman he stabbed previously. No stabbing today, just grand theft auto and mass murder.

Sometimes I wonder which is the more dangerous - entering into a relationship with an American male or registering as a patient with Harold Shipman.

Why say something so hateful about American men? The majority are good people.

Why say something so hateful about American men? The majority are good people.

Read some recent headlines, or just look at threads started here in the last few weeks. I understand the sentiment completely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back