Salvageable roadkill for soldiers treat

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
I thought that this was a nice idea until until I read the "salvageable roadkill" part:sick:

SHAFTSBURY, Vt. -- When Travis Buttle, a county game warden, asked Vermont soldiers serving in Iraq what they missed, they said jerky.

"I asked them if there was anything we could send, and these guys are Vermont hunters, so they said, 'Yeah, if we could get some venison jerky,'" Buttle said.

So starting last August law enforcement officers in Bennington County began their project to get the soldiers what they wanted.

To harvest the meat, law enforcement officers looked for illegal kills or salvageable roadkills.There were also a few deer donated by area hunters. The effort yielded about 170 pounds of deer meat.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4425546

Let's hope it's a fresh kill. :sick: You know, nothing flipped around the tires of an 18-wheeler. I know people who have hit a deer and loaded it in the back of the truck and took it home. Well, after you think about it...

BTW, deer meat is great. (sorry those-who-might-be-offended.)

Those poor unsuspecting soldiers are going to be munching down without a clue!:sick:

The first thing that popped in my mind was the Beverly Hillbillies show.
Granny and Ellie May Clampett gathering roadkill for unsuspecting Mr. and Mrs Drysdale's dinner.

Also Opie Taylor and his friends poking roadkill with sticks on Mayberry rfd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back